Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

• Please log in to reply
3194 replies to this topic

#91 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Thread Update!

I just noticed that many of the post that I put up had some text errors in some of the section where my text was hidden for some reason. I went back and edit them to get rid of the error.

Things like System Requirements and some of the info text was obscured.

All fixed now. If anyone notices an error let me know.

Edited by Megazell, 10 November 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#92 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

Damn!!! Games!!! You so crazy!!!

#93 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:51 AM

I just got a PM from some other boards I frequent saying that Farcry and Ghost Recon are not allowing them to install because the installer states they are not in the US.

My installations work just fine but I had them from when they first came out for free.

If anyone else is having this problem - Let me know and I will take them down.

If you are not having a problem and they install just fine - Let me know too. It could be some people are installing the games on systems that can not support the game.

#94 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

I just got a PM from some other boards I frequent saying that Farcry and Ghost Recon are not allowing them to install because the installer states they are not in the US.

My installations work just fine but I had them from when they first came out for free.

If anyone else is having this problem - Let me know and I will take them down.

If you are not having a problem and they install just fine - Let me know too. It could be some people are installing the games on systems that can not support the game.

It's my understanding that those free Ubisoft games were only available for install for a short time. You had to have a registered US Ubisoft account, but the offer has been dead for quite some time. I don't know why they are still available since they can no longer be activated.

#95 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

It's my understanding that those free Ubisoft games were only available for install for a short time. You had to have a registered US Ubisoft account, but the offer has been dead for quite some time. I don't know why they are still available since they can no longer be activated.

Correct. It seems there is a work around which is why they are still up. But I am going to take them down because 'technically' they are no longer legal.

#96 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

I don't know why this is, but all day today from multiple locations and multiple computers I have been getting logged out in less than 5 minutes while trying to upload some post on this site.

Anyone else experiencing this?

#97 unnamed

unnamed

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

Dungeon Runners

Third Person MMORPG
Single Player - No
Multiplayer - Yes

Dungeon Runners is a medieval fantasy, often satirical MMORPG developed and published by NCsoft. The gameplay is similar to the Diablo series of games.

thanks for the awesome thread, fyi, i just went to grab this one and they are shutting it down jan 2010:

http://www.dungeonru...hutting_do.html

#98 coltyhuxx

coltyhuxx

NoOtherValDudeCanTouchMe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Megazell, you're on fire!!! Awesome thread!!! Thank you!!

#99 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

thanks for the awesome thread, fyi, i just went to grab this one and they are shutting it down jan 2010:

http://www.dungeonru...hutting_do.html

Ty.

Yep that happens. Back in 1997 I started this database of free and legal games. Originally, it was mostly mods for games like Half-Life, Quake and Tie Fighter. I did it for myself because I found myself forgetting to bookmark the sites way too often. I am also of the mindset that habits (video games, table top gaming, archery, comics...etc) should pay for themselves to some extent. Plus, I could email myself the database in the event of a HD crash. So from time to time on many different forums I would post some games or start a thread like this. Over time many of the games get phased out due to technology upgrades and/or server shut downs. As I started to make suggestion and install games for the places where I volunteer at I started redoing my list and culling a great many from the fold.

A lot of the dead games have private servers. Some are illegal while others are not. Personally, when I play games online I prefer to hit community servers because usually the admins are on top of the game, kick disruptive players and introduce new content (maps, mods, mutators) more often.

Megazell, you're on fire!!! Awesome thread!!! Thank you!!

Ty and enjoy.

Edited by Megazell, 10 November 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#100 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

I've just realized how much I hate this thread. It makes me so much more aware of how small my free time is despite my own perception...

Keep it up, bud.

#101 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

I've just realized how much I hate this thread. It makes me so much more aware of how small my free time is despite my own perception...

Keep it up, bud.

So long as your time is spent being positive and progressive you should be in great hands.

I wish I had more time to end some of these games.

I made it my mission to finish Ara Fell 2k3 by Sunday! :roll:

#102 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

This is a side post.

For those of you looking for a great gift to give family and friends that are gamers...consider as a gift or bonus gift making a DVD/CD or filling a USB full of these games to them :)

In July, I bought some (20) COBY MP3 1 Gb players for 19.99 with a 19.99 rebate.

Posted Image

It's really a USB stick with a crude MP3 player on it. Filled these bad boys up and shipped them out to friends with a note of what's inside and stuff :) Each one is tailored for the person that is getting them.

The ladies thought I should post that so...bah there you go.

Enjoy the games and holiday.

#103 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

Wow Megazell, keep them coming. Some of these games I've never even heard of.

EDIT: Are you sure that Aquadelic GT is free? I couldn't find a game download at the site you linked to.

#104 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Wow Megazell, keep them coming. Some of these games I've never even heard of.

Ty - Enjoy.

I may have to hire someone. My Search Bot is finding 50 games or more per week. :whee:

My database is getting so big that it takes a minute to load even on a high end system :lol:

#105 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Define "true role-playing".

Posted Image

#106 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

Define "true role-playing".

I don't like putting RPG as a genre because it seems awkward to me.

Like saying First Person Shooter Game, Real Time Strategy Game....and so on. So I just put the actual genre - First person shooter, roleplaying...so on :)

If I were to define roleplaying I would say it's when one of my wives dress a Mary Jane, the other dress like Gwen Stacy and I dress like Venom and Spidey is off world ;)

#107 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

I don't like putting RPG as a genre because it seems awkward to me.

Well, the "role-play" part of it is pretty well defined, and I'm just curious how they go about it. Is it more Baldur's Gate than Icewind Dale, so to speak.

Posted Image

#108 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

Well, the "role-play" part of it is pretty well defined, and I'm just curious how they go about it. Is it more Baldur's Gate than Icewind Dale, so to speak.

You mean Turn Based or Real Time attacking?

#109 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Well... no. That's more the "game" bit of Role Playing Game.

Eh, Fuck it, I'll download it later and see.

EDIT: Nevermind. A brief look at the FAQ makes me think that it's... not for me. Which is just as well. That thing is fuckin' fugly.

Posted Image

#110 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

Well... no. That's more the "game" bit of Role Playing Game.

Eh, Fuck it, I'll download it later and see.

EDIT: Nevermind. A brief look at the FAQ makes me think that it's... not for me. Which is just as well. That thing is fuckin' fugly.

It is ugly but one of the kids wanted me to posted so I did :)

#111 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

This list is awesome, thank you so much!
To each his own.

#112 Killrig

Killrig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

I just wanted to chime in and thank you for the post. Keep it up!
-- K-rig

#113 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

My God. I peel my eyes off this forum for a few days while I steep myself in Dragon Age goodness, and this topic just explodes out of proportion.

A challenge to you, Megazell. Ever consider hosting your own website with your gargantuan list of Free and Legal Games? I mean, it has been done before, but not to the point where you link youtube gameplay videos and whatnot.

I say this because a vbulletin powered forum can't really be used as a user-friendly database. If you were able to host the site, and present your database in a userfriendly way, then you would do us CAGs a service.

#114 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

My God. I peel my eyes off this forum for a few days while I steep myself in Dragon Age goodness, and this topic just explodes out of proportion.

A challenge to you, Megazell. Ever consider hosting your own website with your gargantuan list of Free and Legal Games? I mean, it has been done before, but not to the point where you link youtube gameplay videos and whatnot.

I say this because a vbulletin powered forum can't really be used as a user-friendly database. If you were able to host the site, and present your database in a userfriendly way, then you would do us CAGs a service.

Is the list slowing down the forum?

I actually stop posting on another forum because the thread would take mins to load. So far I have not noticed that yet.

I've been thinking about doing it but I don't have much time to run a site. I tried a blog but it did not have a way to sort the list by genre which made it just like a forum.

Know of any free hosting site that may sort a list posted?

#115 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

I actually stop posting on another forum because the thread would take mins to load. So far I have not noticed that yet.

I've been thinking about doing it but I don't have much time to run a site. I tried a blog but it did not have a way to sort the list by genre which made it just like a forum.

Never mind - Found one. Will post it once it is complete! :bouncy:

#116 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

I haven't noticed any slow-downs just yet, and as far as I've seen with other threads, that won't be an issue, i don't think.

I had some experience with WordPress, running a student-volunteer group website for a while. I was able to use the tag system to do a list by categories, which could also be used to "sort by genre" if you set it up that way. Food for thought.

As for a good and free hosting site... Ummm... I gotta check around. I've been heavily reliant on the "free-ness" of our school webserver, and running a site through Go-Daddy (which I don't think has any offerings at the "free" pricepoint).

Anyways, I made the recommendation just for the sake of user-friendliness, and not because the CAG forums are in danger of imploding upon itself.

Keep on posting Megazell, as I'm sneaking in some quality free games in between my massive Dragon Age sessions (My brother gifted me a handful of DLCs, and I'm trolling around for some free campaign modules, just to give me 20+hrs of extended play time, before I re-roll my character).

#117 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

I haven't noticed any slow-downs just yet, and as far as I've seen with other threads, that won't be an issue, i don't think.

I had some experience with WordPress, running a student-volunteer group website for a while. I was able to use the tag system to do a list by categories, which could also be used to "sort by genre" if you set it up that way. Food for thought.

As for a good and free hosting site... Ummm... I gotta check around. I've been heavily reliant on the "free-ness" of our school webserver, and running a site through Go-Daddy (which I don't think has any offerings at the "free" pricepoint).

Anyways, I made the recommendation just for the sake of user-friendliness, and not because the CAG forums are in danger of imploding upon itself.

Keep on posting Megazell, as I'm sneaking in some quality free games in between my massive Dragon Age sessions (My brother gifted me a handful of DLCs, and I'm trolling around for some free campaign modules, just to give me 20+hrs of extended play time, before I re-roll my character).

Sounds good. I already know I got Dragon Age as a gift from one of the ladies (shh) so I will be joining that sometime myself.

I am going to check out word press. Currently, I found a few website host with database built in @ Webs.

I am working on it little by little. Once I get it up and running I will post the link here.

Til then I will keep posting. :bouncy:

#118 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

This will be my last post for the rest of the year. See you guys and gals next year.

:bouncy:

Have a great holiday and many blessing for the new year!

#119 Bretts31344

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Thanks again for the list. Now where to start....

#120 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

Happily holidays Mega. Thanks for the "mega" bad ass thread.