Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

• Please log in to reply
3174 replies to this topic

#151 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

Ha! Contra! That's 8 bit era. If that's old school, then the original Bruce Lee game is Prehistoric.

I meant to put Red Baron on their but I was like...let me not date myself too much ;)

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#152 kyosai7

kyosai7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Never have I played a game like Super Cosplay Wars Ultra....

I was a Power Rangers cosplayer...fighting an Evangelion cosplayer... in a subway filled with security guards and Michael Jackson doing the dance from Smooth Criminal...

btw, I know it's a Power Rangers cosplay and not a Super Sentai cosplay, because the character himself is an ameican named Alex... right down to the red tank top with a white star on it.

Did I mention I love this game?!

#153 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

Never have I played a game like Super Cosplay Wars Ultra....

I was a Power Rangers cosplayer...fighting an Evangelion cosplayer... in a subway filled with security guards and Michael Jackson doing the dance from Smooth Criminal...

btw, I know it's a Power Rangers cosplay and not a Super Sentai cosplay, because the character himself is an ameican named Alex... right down to the red tank top with a white star on it.

Did I mention I love this game?!

Glad to hear it. The developer's site is in the DL. I think he makes more games like it.

It's free or Fuck it!

#154 Bullbert

Bullbert

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

Super Cosplay War Ultra

Are you sure you did not miss something in the translation, like "mega awesome funtime" after the word "Super"

Okay, okay, I'll go away now...

#155 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Are you sure you did not miss something in the translation, like "mega awesome funtime" after the word "Super"

Okay, okay, I'll go away now...

I was playing as SIN - He cosplays as movie villian/monsters....I now love this game also!

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2010 - 09:52 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#156 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

Megazell,
What games would you recommend for 1-2 hours of 4 player gaming? Me and some buddies are trying to set up some each week to play and rather than go through the hassle of all buying the same game I figure we'd give some of these a try.

Now we don't have the best computers and are not into any particular type of game (RTS, FPS, etc. are all fine) we are just looking for some games we could play a few hours every week - what would your top 5 be?

Thanks in advance.

#157 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Megazell,
What games would you recommend for 1-2 hours of 4 player gaming? Me and some buddies are trying to set up some each week to play and rather than go through the hassle of all buying the same game I figure we'd give some of these a try.

Now we don't have the best computers and are not into any particular type of game (RTS, FPS, etc. are all fine) we are just looking for some games we could play a few hours every week - what would your top 5 be?

Thanks in advance.

That's the sort of gaming I do with my family and friends online. We pick a free game or a game we already have and just meet up every Wed or Sun and rock that game.

1) First Person Shooter - Nexuiz

Classic Quake Gameplay, UT Weapons and Combots with great visuals that are good on just about any computer out after 2000.

2) Savage 2

This game has a whole lot of genres mixed in but the game play and visuals are outstanding. One of your friends can be in the RTS chair while the rest of you play in third person and take on another team.

3) MMORPG - Dungeon and Dragons Online

MMORPG in the classic sense...you guys can all start from lvl 1 on the same server...meet up and kick fantasy as you level up and trade loot amoungst yourselves...Unlike other MMOs if you guys all pick different classes each one will have a affect on everyone else's gameplay.

4) RTS - Rise and Fall: Civilzations At War

Solid RTS with your ability to control of heroes in your army and then play the game in a Third Person Action format.

5) Fighting - Street Fighter Online

You can play 2 vs 2...The fifth person may be left out but I think there is a 3 vs 3 mode too.

Hope that helps.

It's free or Fuck it!

#158 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

That's the sort of gaming I do with my family and friends online. We pick a free game or a game we already have and just meet up every Wed or Sun and rock that game.

1) First Person Shooter - Nexuiz

Classic Quake Gameplay, UT Weapons and Combots with great visuals that are good on just about any computer out after 2000.

2) Savage 2

This game has a whole lot of genres mixed in but the game play and visuals are outstanding. One of your friends can be in the RTS chair while the rest of you play in third person and take on another team.

3) MMORPG - Dungeon and Dragons Online

MMORPG in the classic sense...you guys can all start from lvl 1 on the same server...meet up and kick fantasy as you level up and trade loot amoungst yourselves...Unlike other MMOs if you guys all pick different classes each one will have a affect on everyone else's gameplay.

4) RTS - Rise and Fall: Civilzations At War

Solid RTS with your ability to control of heroes in your army and then play the game in a Third Person Action format.

5) Fighting - Street Fighter Online

You can play 2 vs 2...The fifth person may be left out but I think there is a 3 vs 3 mode too.

Hope that helps.

Ah, this is perfect and a great mix of stuff. Thanks. And to clarify I meant there was four of us total so even streetfighter works out perfect.

#159 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

Just a suggestion for your thread, but your OP could be updated to include an alphabetical listing by genre with pointers to the actual post. Otherwise, the thread will eventually over time be cumbersome to navigate and locate games. Make sure to spoiler each listing, else that too will be an eyesore when people only want select genre(s). It's a pretty big undertaking, but keeps the thread healthy and active.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#160 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

Just a suggestion for your thread, but your OP could be updated to include an alphabetical listing by genre with pointers to the actual post. Otherwise, the thread will eventually over time be cumbersome to navigate and locate games. Make sure to spoiler each listing, else that too will be an eyesore when people only want select genre(s). It's a pretty big undertaking, but keeps the thread healthy and active.

I look into it.

Ty for the suggestion.

It's free or Fuck it!

#161 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

Thread Update.

I added quick links in alphabetical order by genre to the front of this thread. So far I only have page 1 to 3 on it. As the days go by I will update it as much as possible to have it up to speed with the entire thread.

It's free or Fuck it!

#162 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:48 AM

Nice. Now newcomers to the thread won't feel completely behind and frequent readers can find stuff they may have missed. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#163 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:45 AM

Thread Update.

I added quick links in alphabetical order by genre to the front of this thread. So far I only have page 1 to 3 on it. As the days go by I will update it as much as possible to have it up to speed with the entire thread.

This thread just transcended from pure awesome to Godlike.
Main Gaming PC: Acer Aspire m5630; C2D E4400 2.2ghz, 3gb ram, ATI HD 4850, 500gb.
Laptop: HP Compaq 6910p; C2D T7400 2.4gh, 2gb ram, Intel x3100,
120gb,
Consoles: PS3 4usb 60gb BC, Xbox 360 120gb Elite, Nintendo Wii
Handheld: PSP 3000, DS Lite, DSi.

#164 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:52 AM

Thread Update.

This is fantastic. Thank you, Megazell. I've been browsing this thread on/off for the past 3 days and I still haven't seen it all.

The index will definitely help introduce new people to the thread that don't have the same compulsive habits I do. :joystick:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#165 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:46 AM

My OCD kicked in. Front page complete!

It's free or Fuck it!

#166 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Action - 73 Games

Love it and if you use spoiler tags, the OP becomes super slick like the example above. Personal preference, of course.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#167 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Love it and if you use spoiler tags, the OP becomes super slick like the example above. Personal preference, of course.

Done.

It's free or Fuck it!

#168 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

Well from the new list in the front you can tell that ACTION games are mostly what I play. On top of that most of the games I can install at the children center are made for low end machines. With that said if there is a genre you want to see more of...speak up. I will try to post more of those that other CAGs would like to see.

It's free or Fuck it!

#169 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

List of free games on steam
http://forums.steamp...ad.php?t=851573

Thought I would add this here.

It's free or Fuck it!

#170 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

Void Destroyer

Real Time Strategy/Simulation
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Science Fiction

No living human has set foot on anything other than cold metallic space craft or the rough burning rock. Humanity finds itself in a desolate asteroid field orbiting an artificial sun. A nearby gate is the entry way for alien forces seeking dominion over the sky. The memory of green earth, forests, rivers, and a blue sky is just oral tradition and images passed down from previous generations. No one knows why humanity is here, technology once lost is being reclaimed spawning conflict and competition.

You are the leader of a small faction, your edge is your will to win and the Command ship. A powerful warship that can be upgraded with a multitude of abilities. Use it well, command your forces, strengthen your bases to learn the truth about the past, and seek out a new future.

Features

Space combat simulator: Directly control your craft via keyboard, mouse and/or joystick. From small fighters to massive cruisers, yours to control. Switch ships at will to gain an advantage with the in the ever evolving battle.
Real time strategy: Fleet tactics, control your forces via "Tactical mode", issue commands, set targets and way points. See the battle from any angle. Build defensive and utility stations.
Command Ship: A powerful warship that if upgraded grants you unique abilities. Take command over enemy forces, charge into battle, enable an energy barrier to defend the ship and more.
Upgrades and research: Upgrade your command ship, and research new technologies to gain an edge.
Economy management: Manage your base(s), set production parameters to support the war effort. Setup trade routes.
Instant action mode: A combat only game mode, play included scenarios or make your own.
Modding support: Modding tool to add/edit ships and other in game objects.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.2 Ghz
Memory: 128 Mb
Video: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 177 Mb

Download it here - http://www.voiddestr...m/download.html

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--
For The Full List Of 'Free And Legal PC Games.'

Edited by Megazell, 18 June 2012 - 04:58 AM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#171 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:54 AM

Dragon Age: Journeys

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

I actually played that the week before Dragon Age: Origins released.

BONUS: If you complete the in-game awards, you'll receive some very useful Dragon Age: Origins loot as long as your EA and Xbox360 / PS3 accounts are linked correctly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#172 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

I actually played that the week before Dragon Age: Origins released.

BONUS: If you complete the in-game awards, you'll receive some very useful Dragon Age: Origins loot as long as your EA and Xbox360 / PS3 accounts are linked correctly.

The same applies to the PC or no?

It's free or Fuck it!

#173 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

I've only tried it on the 360 and PS3, but according to the FAQ they apply to the PC version of Dragon Age: Origins as well.

What exclusive Dragon Age: Origins items can I earn in Dragon Age Journeys?

In Dragon Age Journeys, you can earn three exclusive items to use in Dragon Age: Origins:

Embri's Many Pockets

Amulet of the War Mage

Helm of the Deep.

These items will automatically be added to your downloadable content menu in Dragon Age: Origins after signing in with the same EA Account used to unlock them in Dragon Age Journeys. These unlocks will work with Dragon Age: Origins on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

#174 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

I've only tried it on the 360 and PS3, but according to the FAQ they apply to the PC version of Dragon Age: Origins as well.

Good. Because I do bad things to developers that don't support their PC fan base. Very. Bad. Things.

It's free or Fuck it!

#175 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

LoL isn't really an MMO. They classify it as a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) if I remember correctly.

Very fun game.

#176 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

LoL isn't really an MMO. They classify it as a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) if I remember correctly.

Very fun game.

Yeah but for the sake of sanity the amount of genres have to be kept to a minimum.

It's free or Fuck it!

#177 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

Good. Because I do bad things to developers that don't support their PC fan base. Very. Bad. Things.

:lol:

#178 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

It did with my PC account. Never really finished the flash game though, so I only got the partial rewards.

One more thing on LoL: If you never played DoTA, then you're pretty much fish food in a sea of hungry hungry sharks. When I got to beta the game, the community is so harsh and uninviting to n00bs like me, that I just quited the game to save myself the grief.

If, by chance, you're a DoTA whore to begin with, then I've heard that this game is tons-o-fun.
Main Gaming PC: Acer Aspire m5630; C2D E4400 2.2ghz, 3gb ram, ATI HD 4850, 500gb.
120gb,

#179 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

It did with my PC account. Never really finished the flash game though, so I only got the partial rewards.

One more thing on LoL: If you never played DoTA, then you're pretty much fish food in a sea of hungry hungry sharks. When I got to beta the game, the community is so harsh and uninviting to n00bs like me, that I just quited the game to save myself the grief.

If, by chance, you're a DoTA whore to begin with, then I've heard that this game is tons-o-fun.

Sounds like my experience with EVE Online.

It's free or Fuck it!

#180 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:50 AM

Hmm, might I add some suggestion on the MMO front? Personally played these games in one capacity or another, giving it a solid week before shelving it/realizing that I actually have a real life, complete with a lover, job, school, and friends...

Dragonica - Fun little 2.5d MMO, a cutesy and highly kid-friendly Dungeon Fighter, with better graphics imho. I played in the closed beta of the game, and had a ton of fun. Very kid friendly on how it handles mob-deaths and violence, not to mention the controls and "combo system" are simplistic, almost to a fault. The US version is currently owned/run by THQ, so there is a major US base for the game, without relying on some shady Korean-owned enterprise, not that I have anything wrong with that.

Cabal Online
- With the US version recently receiving the "Reloaded" version of the game, this might be worth a revisit (probably after I played Dragon Age to death, or I graduate from Grad School, whichever comes first). When I played this many moons ago, I was fairly impressed by the combat system which integrated a really intricate combo system. Unfortunately, I never had the patience to master such a system and everything else in this game screamed "Generic Korean MMO". Don't get me wrong, the game knows how to abuse particle effects and flashy "Omg I pulled a multi-hit, explosion and sword swipe everywhere" battle animations, but pull apart the layers of paint, and you've pretty much seen everything from everywhere else.

EDIT: A bonus Single Player game:

Meritous - A fun top-down Adventure game that I picked up a year ago, and still play from time to time. Uses randomly generated dungeons/room layouts, ala Diablo/Rogue, which leads to infinite re-playability. Move around with your arrow keys, and triggering your main offensive/defensive ability with the space bar, while combine this 3000 room dungeon for trinkets, items and exp to bring your character up to the next level, this game must have sucked days of play time from me already.
120gb,