Farscape Complete DVD Series $57.99 Shipped Amazon!

Wow...yeah.
The flipside is, Best Buy had the Peacekeeper Wars in the package...but that's only 8 bucks otherwise, no tax, no RZ points (which aren't worth a whole lot, admittedly).
And of course they might be different SKUs/UPCs so you can't even buy Amazon's and return it to Best Buy (with receipt).
Oh well, I'm not going to shoot myself over 6-8 bucks difference, still a great deal, and there was no way to predict Amazon would beat the price..plus I don't have an Amazon card, and I got same-as-cash on my BB card.
If you didn't get in on it then, this is an even better price.

Ehhh even at $74.38 via DD.com its still worth it. Great series and it would be a steal even it was priced at $100. Not going to lose any sleep over $15.

wow...i paid $150 for season one alone. bout $50-$60 for the others. even those prices arent that much anymore if i wanted to sell. ~sigh~ damn first print things. lol

Well, crap. So much for DD having the best deal.

Even with spending $5 or so on postage to send it back to DD, I'd still save $11 or so on the return. Hmmmm.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, crap. So much for DD having the best deal.

Even with spending $5 or so on postage to send it back to DD, I'd still save $11 or so on the return. Hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Deep Discount does say they will match the lowest price so i'm going to send them an email and see if they will match it. No harm in trying. Mine is open so i can't return in.

[quote name='Brian9824']Deep Discount does say they will match the lowest price so i'm going to send them an email and see if they will match it. No harm in trying. Mine is open so i can't return in.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you have any success. Regardless of the outcome, 70 bucks for the whole show is still a great deal. And I have been re-watching the series with the wife and we are loving it. It looks really good up-scaled on the PS3 as well; a lot better then the old analog cable I watched them on originally.

This deal is too good to have passed up. Even with international shipping to canada, import fees and even including peacekeeper wars in the mix for the order, it's still $84.87 US. It's $105 CDN for the set alone on amazon.ca (which is, to be fair cheaper than retail stores I've gone to locally which sell it for at least $130), and I have to pay 13% tax. That's not including Peacekeeper Wars. It'll take a while to ship, but I'm in no rush to get it. Thanks again OP!!!

I decided to keep my Limited Edition set from Best Buy that includes Peacekeeper Wars. It's only an $8 difference (after purchasing the set and PW from Amazon).

... plus the added package on the doorstep would probably send my wife over the edge.

I have the whole series from the old Starburst sets, but the discs on Season 2 had all kinds of problems with pixelation and locking up. Some episodes were practically unwatchable. I've always meant to replace that season; at this price I'm really considering just rebuying the entire series. I wouldn't even give it a second thought if I hadn't spent a small fortune recently on Christmas shopping and various homeowner expenses.

For anyone who's on the fence because you've never seen the show, do yourself a favor and pick this up. This show was amazing.

Fired off an email to DD's CS and hopefully, they'll match the price and I won't have to go through the return routine.

I sent them a link to the Amazon page, plus printed the Amazon product page to PDF, just in case.

awesome..

I had this ordered from DD and had been on backorder... talked to a rep about price match... he said sure but I'd have to do it through email and include the amazon link... not sure why he couldn't just do it over the phone but....

I was also kinda worried that it wouldn't come back into stock... happened to me with barnes and noble and the batman animated set... but it's in stock and should ship tomorrow.

Damnit, I ordered on BB.com and it's been backordered for about 10 days now, with no sign of shipping soon. Now I have to cancel with them and hopefully they will do it in a timely manner so I can order this. Damn good show.

[quote name='Afflicted']awesome..

I had this ordered from DD and had been on backorder... talked to a rep about price match... he said sure but I'd have to do it through email and include the amazon link... not sure why he couldn't just do it over the phone but....

I was also kinda worried that it wouldn't come back into stock... happened to me with barnes and noble and the batman animated set... but it's in stock and should ship tomorrow.[/QUOTE]Well, that's encouraging that you could do the price match through email and include the Amazon link, as I did both. :D

Hopefully, I'll get something tomorrow and we'll be good to go.

In case anyone was wondering, this what I emailed them, as a Store Return request:
[quote name='From DD.com email']Amazon.com currently has this item for $57.99, which is $16.39 less than my current order from Deep Discount. Link to the item is here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002GP7ZWI/

The item is still within the return period, so I could return this item. I'd prefer to see if you could credit the difference between the price paid on this order and the Amazon.com price, since the order is still within the return period.[/quote]

I ordered it earlier today (with the Peacekeeper Wars) and it shipped out an hour after I ordered with my Amazon Prime. Woot!

I'm so tempted to buy it, but I really need to save for a new motherboard. I'm a big fan of the show and I'm considering buying it anyway. I need to put some more stuff up on ebay.

[quote name='VipFREAK']People like this crap THAT much? wow... They'd have to pay me to take this show.[/QUOTE]

Love it or hate it, you can't deny this isn't a great deal.

I love DD :)

We apologize for any inconvenience. We have issued a refund of $16.39 back to
your method of payment. The confirmation number is 32530396. Please contact us
back if we can assist you further.

About 24 hours after i submitted request and they are refunding me the difference. So you should be set Shrike. This is why I shop from DD. They might get slammed during their big sales and have stuff go OOS but they have never given me a problem.

Stargate sg1 the complete series is also $97 the first time I have seen it below $100, though with all the issues everyone has had with the packaging I'm going to pass, until its revised.

[quote name='Brian9824']I love DD :)

About 24 hours after i submitted request and they are refunding me the difference. So you should be set Shrike. This is why I shop from DD. They might get slammed during their big sales and have stuff go OOS but they have never given me a problem.[/QUOTE]Hopefully I'll be getting the same email. We'll wait and see.

[quote name='Brian9824']I love DD :)

About 24 hours after i submitted request and they are refunding me the difference. So you should be set Shrike. This is why I shop from DD. They might get slammed during their big sales and have stuff go OOS but they have never given me a problem.[/QUOTE]

still haven't heard from them and my order hasn't shipped yet

Goddamn that's a steep price drop. Is this just amazon being amazon, or is there some kind of quality issue with this set?

Extremely tempting! I skipped on this set when it was $69 at Best Buy and I didn't regret it once they starting putting the seasons on Netflix streaming but now I'm interested all over again.

[quote name='Waterhouse']Goddamn that's a steep price drop. Is this just amazon being amazon, or is there some kind of quality issue with this set?[/QUOTE]

No issues - it's just Amazon being Amazon. I received the set from them yesterday and it's exquisite!

Netflix just added the entire Farscape television series to their streaming library. I'm kind of pissed because I probably wouldn't have bought the DVDs if I had known this.

Success!

[quote name='From DD.com email']Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We will honor this price match request for "Farscape: The Complete Series", at the price of $57.89, defeating the competitor's price of $57.99 plus their shipping and handling fee of free. We have issued a refund back to your form of payment for the amount of $16.49. Please allow a full billing cycle for the refund to appear on your statement.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.[/quote]

Plus, I made $0.10 on the deal. :D

DD's price didn't drop to match Amazon, though it did go up to $76.17. :whistle2:s

Oh I hope it stays this price for a little while longer. I cant get it this week, but in 2 weeks I could. Please Amazon Gods make my prayer true!

[quote name='shrike4242']Success!
Originally Posted by From DD.com email
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We will honor this price match request for "Farscape: The Complete Series", at the price of $57.89, defeating the competitor's price of $57.99 plus their shipping and handling fee of free. We have issued a refund back to your form of payment for the amount of $16.49. Please allow a full billing cycle for the refund to appear on your statement.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

DD's price didn't drop to match Amazon, though it did go up to $76.17. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Haha, I got the same email. Woo for the extra $0.10!

[quote name='shrike4242']Success!

Quote:DeepDiscount
Originally Posted by From DD.com email
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

DD's price didn't drop to match Amazon, though it did go up to $76.17. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Aren't you glad i told you to email them instead of returning?

Man, just started watching this show again on Netflix. I forgot how enjoyable it was. Hard to remember back when it was premiering on Sci-Fi. It's like a Lost in Space with a Captain Kirk/Tarzan adventure/Dr. Who production values sort of fun fest. Lots of fart and urine jokes for some reason. Explosive...

Complete series is 88 episodes...episodes are long at 50 minutes.

$58/4400 minutes= $0.013/minute.

Tempting but the first two seasons are on netflix!!!

[quote name='180husher']Gonna be some pissed off people in this forum who bought it weeks ago for $70+.[/QUOTE]

I am one of those pissed off people. Paid ~72 from DD. At least I didn't pay 105 at amazon, which I almost did...

[quote name='mietha']I am one of those pissed off people. Paid ~72 from DD. At least I didn't pay 105 at amazon, which I almost did...[/QUOTE]

If you email DD and link em with price they will match it. Me shrike, and a few others already got them. They refunded me $16 and change

[quote name='Brian9824']Aren't you glad i told you to email them instead of returning?[/QUOTE]Very glad. Thank you for letting me know that they might refund the difference.

[quote name='mietha']I am one of those pissed off people. Paid ~72 from DD. At least I didn't pay 105 at amazon, which I almost did...[/QUOTE]Copy and paste what I emailed them into an email of yours, as I did post earlier in the thread what I emailed them.

[quote name='Brian9824']If you email DD and link em with price they will match it. Me shrike, and a few others already got them. They refunded me $16 and change[/QUOTE]

you guys have been lucky, I've sent two emails so far and they haven't replied yet :(

bread's done
Back