Steam Midweek Madness: Zeno Clash - $5.10 (66% off) until 12/3

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

Perfect, had my eye on the game and this is just the price I was waiting for it to get to (well, actually I was waiting for it to hit $5, but I won't let the extra 10 cents disuade me). Sounds like an interesting game, and even though it's supposed to be pretty short, the free updates and unique setting certainly make it worth a runthrough at least.

Also, it was interesting reading the postmortem on the game. Amazing what such a small group of developers managed to create: http://www.gamasutra..._zeno_clash.php

#32 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

Looks interesting and I'll try the demo, but I may wind up waiting for the XBLA version as I really prefer a controller over the keyboard and mouse. :bomb:

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#33 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

Looks interesting and I'll try the demo, but I may wind up waiting for the XBLA version as I really prefer a controller over the keyboard and mouse. :bomb:

I believe it's possible to configure a 360 controller to work with the PC version...
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 mailman27

mailman27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

I believe it's possible to configure a 360 controller to work with the PC version...

Yeah, there is a quick fix in the forums to make the 360 controller work great with the game.

Damn you Steam! I've been spending far too much money on games in the last month...that said, in for one ;)

#35 Sam111111

Sam111111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:04 AM

My only PC is a netbook. I'll check out the XBLA version when it releases, though, have been curious about this one for months and months.
*edit*
Actually years, I think. I remember reading about this like a year ago and being 'Hey, that looks really cool!'. Never jumped on it though.

#36 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:09 AM

Snagged a copy as well - played the demo a while back and liked the style, but couldn't spend regular price @ the time, then fell off my radar until now! Thanks!!

#37 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:39 AM

Yeah. Steam is killing me lately. Yesterday mirror's edge, a couple of weeks ago mass effect. A couple of weeks before that l4d2. Today Zenoclash. They need to stop already.

#38 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

Played the demo, wasn't digging it too much. Looks really good but the fighting gameplay wasn't too fun for me.
Steam ID: adamska2020

#39 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

Art style is awful, a stupid mishmash of whatever the artist thought was weird at the time and, naturally, he refused to throw away even ONE scrap of concept art he drew so the result was just a mess. The plot and characters didn't fare much better.

On the plus side, the game delivered an outstanding and unique first person brawler that didn't forget (Like so many modern beat-em-ups) what it is that makes a brawler fun.

Try the demo, if you don't like the combat, something's wrong with you. Otherwise, dig in. The price is most definitely right and you'll have a blast with it.

Only problems I can say is that it reused the fat-guy midboss way too much and the GRAVITY IS THE ENEMY, Z-AXIS CHALLENGE MAPS WHOO were all stupid as hell for not having the enemy take any falling damage at all.

#40 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

im sorry but that has to be one of the worst games i have EVER played

#41 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:03 AM

im sorry but that has to be one of the worst games i have EVER played

I'd say play some more bad games, but I have to agree that the demo really didn't impress. The graphics look awful for how poorly they perform on my machine relative to other games that look much better, the story (at least in the demo) obviously takes the short bus to school, and the gameplay is boring and annoying at the same time.

Why does everyone think this thing is so great? Not one of the worst games I've ever played unless we're talking top 50 or 100, but it's definitely playing that same, crappy sport.

#42 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

Played through the demo, wasn't terribly impressed. I like the art style and am interested to explore the world they've made here but I didn't find the melee combat fun enough to do mostly just that through the entire game.

#43 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

Well, if it helps, my problem is that I fricken LOVE brawlers so I'm weak against the esoteric, drug-addled, ridiculous action Zeno Clash provides.

#44 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

I think it's kind of lame to call anything that is unusual "drug-addled." :/
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

I think it's kind of drug-addled to call any comment that is unusual "lame." :/

#46 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

This game is like paying $5 to see a Darren Aronofsky movie. You go in not knowing what to expect and come out wondering wtf you just saw. Then you're not sure if you loved or hated it, but decide it's best to just chalk another one up to artistic brilliance.

Seriously though, this game reminds me of Unreal with brawling.