Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Daily Deals: Riddick (PS3/360) $10, Killzone 2 & Resistance 2 $18 and More!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#121 drunkenxsouljah

drunkenxsouljah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

just got killzone 2 great deal missed on r2

#122 THHG

THHG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

Good thing Resistance 2 is already sold out--that likely saves me 17.99 :)

#123 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

I've only spent about $550, so I'm in good shape. Idk if I should get just yet because my backlog is a couple of games, and I stick with one game a lot (ex MW).

#124 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

Passed on RE5, Picked up CODWAW. Would rather pick up and actually beat RE4 on GC if I need to get my RE fix, but you can't beat zombies mode on WAW. Best price it's been in a while, too.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#125 SV11bucksfan

SV11bucksfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:51 AM

Bought KillZone 2!! Can't wait for it to come in 1-2 business days:)

#126 tridotslash

tridotslash

Duffman Can't Breath!OHNO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:51 AM

I want Silent hill but I have spent soooooo much in the last month I don't think I can afford anymore. As it is I will have to either whore myself out for 30 cents a pop or get a second job as a crack dealer to pay for my habit....

I think I have personally paid an entire month of salary for one of amazon's employees :(

i felt the same way during the last week , but the prices were soooo good that sadly , i couldn't resist :cry:

plus as for Silent Hill : Homecoming i watched some reviews , videos and i liked what i saw. Previously i only played the second Silent Hill for about 15 minutes , 1 minute which included loading my Uncles file and being scared shitless because he was in a dark part of a house with nothing but a dam 2x4 piece of wood with a nail in it and a radio that would not stop shrieking and buzzing , funny how after about 5 years i still remember that lol :END RANT:

#127 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

Awesome, been waiting for a good deal on Riddick. Had to pick it up for my PS3 for $10!

Free shipping was nice too, even though I haven't been an active subscriber to Gamefly in the past year or so.

Thanks OP!

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#128 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

Okay I've spent $909 in the past month. It's time for me to stop.

But watch me order more games from GF tomorrow... Ugh... >__________<

My backlog is over 300 games.

lol damn.

These deals plus ebay has been killing me. Just picked up Riddick today and the past few days I got Mass Effect, Bioshock, and NFL Madden Arcade. This should be a good gaming winter!

#129 GameOnJohn

GameOnJohn

No Disintegrations!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Got Riddick for 360. Glad I waited for tonight's deals.

#130 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

are these good all week or just for today till 9am on wensday
[url=ign.com]

#131 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:59 AM

I hope all week

#132 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:01 AM

If they sell out, do they restock quickly?

#133 ThisIsJackBauer

ThisIsJackBauer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

got killzone 2 for my brother in law, already have it myself.. was deciding between resistance 2 and that, but didnt notice R2 was out so my decision became easy lol
Posted Image

#134 NicaVic

NicaVic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

Will they be having new deals during the morning and at night then?
Posted Image

#135 randu

randu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

must. resist. back. log. too. large. for. life.

someone lock up my credit card.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

#136 Patriotbball5460

Patriotbball5460

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

With my $5 Gamefly rewards coupon, I got riddick for only $5.33 inc. tax and shipping! Really happy, especially since it has 2 games really.

#137 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:22 AM

I have to sign up if I want to check out.

#138 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:23 AM

You don't have to sign up for the service, you just need to make an account for the website. Completely free, you'll just get a bit of gamefly email spammage as a result.

#139 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

are these good all week or just for today till 9am on wensday

The first post says until Wednesday.

seanr1221.png

#140 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

You don't have to sign up for the service, you just need to make an account for the website. Completely free, you'll just get a bit of gamefly email spammage as a result.

No. I need to "register for plan" until I can go to next step. Can cancel trial when over, right?

#141 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

I picked up Killzone 2 which was hard to pass up at $20.

#142 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

Damnit, I just bought Riddick for $20 the other day.

ach.png

#143 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

Decent deals to be had all around. Too bad all of the PS3 games are already in my library or I'd be all over this like fly on stink.

#144 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:01 AM

KZ2 is mine at that price. I've ordered a bunch of games from gamefly and I'm always satisfied.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#145 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

Picked up Silent Hill finally. Been wanting to try it out for a while, and for $10 it's a no-brainer. I'm sure I could get at least $5 back if I think it's terrible and don't want it lol. Btw free shipping makes the deal on all of these.

#146 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:26 AM

You and me both. I've lost track of how many PS3 games I have...well over 75. All because of CAG! That's both good and bad...as I've turned into an impulsive-cheapass-gamer-shopping-zombie. :drool:

I'd like Riddick, and $10 is great...but I don't like gambling to see if the disc is thrashed or not. On the fence about this. Then again, I see Amazon selling it new for under $20 soon enough.

Lessee used games, not having issues and being in perfect condition....:lol:

My lesson don't buy used games then if you just can't take a small scratch on the disc (seems like I've been saying this way too much here lately to anal retentive collectors out there, get over it, if it plays and its cheap buy it and enjoy it, get over your OCD and leave it be)

Also I appreciate you bothering to read the other posts for your other question, still gives me faith that people can read when they want to nowadays. Instead of asking the same insipid questions over and over, think I'm going to add RTFP (Read the F'kn Post) in my sig...(this thread was only 6 pages when you posted, just sayin...)

Here's hoping for a $10 SFIV and $10 MK vs DC by week's end...

Don't count on MK vs DC, they had it for sale a few weeks ago at $19 w/s&h and it sold out in 3 days....why would they sell it cheaper and ship it for free, if they don't have too?

==========

Skipped on KZ2, played the demo, felt like a by-the-numbers FPS (I'm so tired of those) if the FPS game doesn't have a good hook to it, I'm not buyin'. I did grab R2 (elsewhere) just because I enjoyed the original as a 2-3 day game and thought it was fun.

Offtopic, I'm glad to see more game devs working with a hybrid fps, I enjoy those so much more than the standard run and guns I've been playing since 1993 when DooM came out. It was cool then, but 15 years later, not so much anymore, but that's just me.

#147 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:37 AM

I think SH:H & R2 sold out. =/ But I snagged KZ2. Thanks for the heads up. =D

#148 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:40 AM

dang too bad FPS make me want to vomit while playing. sigh.

#149 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:42 AM

Damn. So tempting. I could pick up Riddick, KZ2, and Resistance 2. I'm not big on shooters, but I think I'm slowly becoming addicted to them. Currently addicted to the BC2 beta. But I'm not sure how bad I want them. Riddick demo seemed kind of confusing, but a lot of people say the original was one of the best Xbox games, so I want to give it a try. I had a great time with Resistance, but people say the second isn't as good. KZ2 was an OK demo. It just felt like shooting, but I can try it again. For those prices on first party games, it seems hard to pass up... Anybody want to help me decide for sure to get it? :)

Edit: Guess I missed R2. Still don't know about KZ2 and Riddick though...

I'll chime in on Riddick, the demo part was part of the Assault on Dark Athena (aka the add-on Starbreeze created for this new version) and isn't as good as the older stuff, from what I read the older game is still as good as it was before, just a lot nicer looking from the older Xbox release years ago, and for $10 I mean (I didn't complain when I bought it for $15 two weeks ago, even though now I wished I woulda waited...GRUMBLE...but that's cause it's still $5, but can't be helped now.

Anyway, yeah I'd get it for that much, and it fulfills my hook factor I talked about in my post just a few minutes ago, so its not a run-of-the-mill FPS.

If they sell out, do they restock quickly?

Not that I've seen, but then again it depends on what game it is, they put up a allotment of how much of a game they want to sell at a certain price, put it on sale, and when it sells they go back and check rentals and then see on hand stock and then if they are not renting enough, go back and put more on sale.

So to answer your question, it varies, MK vs. DC took over 4-6 weeks before it came up for sale again in the store (that was a game I was watching pretty closely) Star Wars: TFU took only 2-3 weeks to restock after they put in on sale for I think it was $17 a few months ago and they resold it for $19 shipped.

You'll just have to keep checking back and have patience if there's something you really want to get. ;)

#150 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:44 AM

Wait, if I give them my CC number, they aren't going to sign me up for a Gamefly account, are they? I know earlier this year there was a sale where GF members got a better deal than normal people.