Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Daily Deals: Riddick (PS3/360) $10, Killzone 2 & Resistance 2 $18 and More!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#241 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:35 AM

Gamefly. Is amazing.

#242 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:44 AM

If not for the strong possibility of getting a trashed disc I might buy a couple of these games. I've bought a few from GF in the past and received a couple of very abused rentals. I guess if you don't mind the condition and don't plan to resell later, then this might be a decent option. I just don't think I can roll the dice again.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#243 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:53 AM

tonight's deals:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=244998

#244 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

If not for the strong possibility of getting a trashed disc I might buy a couple of these games. I've bought a few from GF in the past and received a couple of very abused rentals. I guess if you don't mind the condition and don't plan to resell later, then this might be a decent option. I just don't think I can roll the dice again.

^What he said^ I'm glad others are getting nice discs, though. Just wish I would have been one of them. >.<

They are cool about taking their stuff back and issuing returns, though, I'll give them that.

#245 Wazzup36

Wazzup36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:43 AM

tonight's deals:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=244998

Hey Cheapy, any idea how many more days of deals we're going to have? Is it just this week?

#246 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

Grabbed Killzone for $18. Sweet!!

#247 bizmat

bizmat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:59 AM

I got Killzone 2 for $19.11 after taxes. I'm glad that I didn't jump on the $30 Amazon Black Friday deal, I knew that it would eventually get lower. Thanks Cheapy.

#248 souljiro

souljiro

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:12 AM

Whoohoo picked up KZ2 yesterday major backlog of games I have created :0

#249 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:11 AM

I've bought from them a half dozen times and all my games/cases/manuals have been in near-perfect condition.

#250 FLiPPiN_OuT

FLiPPiN_OuT

TURN IT UP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:47 AM

I hesitate to buy any used game from a major retailer without inspecting it first but blurays are harder to mess up which is why I don't fear buying them used. All of the games I bought from gamefly were in fantastic condition. Killzone 2 here I come!
Posted Image

#251 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

Received my copy of Riddick (PS3) today. Came in Mint condition. Ordered at 10pm on Dec. 1st and received it on Dec. 4th. Amazing. Gamefly has really impressed me as of late.

#252 magykmyke

magykmyke

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 arrived for me today in So-Cal. Both in good condition. Minor scratching if that.

#253 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

SHH was immaculate, seems nobody wanted to rent this. Riddick was in pretty good condition, no scratches, just a minor edge finger print. KZ2 and R2 however had a few light scratches and finger prints. You can tell which ones were the more popular ones just by looking at the bottom of the disc. :lol:

#254 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:36 AM

Fast shipping. Killzone 2 arrived today. Excellent condition. Fuck You Best Buy, still waiting on my Uncharted + $20 PSN card that I ordered a week ago and barely shipped out today.

#255 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

Still waiting for my stuff...but I can wait a little longer. Bought three games in three days. so it's like some sort of Christmas in December.

#256 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:03 AM

Damn, I wish I had bought RE5 for $13..........

I hope they'll put up something good tonight.

#257 Sweetbabyjezuz

Sweetbabyjezuz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:06 AM

My RE5 came earlier today, manual/case/disc all in perfect condition. Even still had the "ad" flyer thing that came with the RE5 manual

#258 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

A huge thumbs up for GameFly! I got my copy of RE5 two days after ordering it, and everything was in mint condition.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#259 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:32 AM

Still waiting for my stuff...but I can wait a little longer. Bought three games in three days. so it's like some sort of Christmas in December.

:rofl: Christmas is in December my good sir.

I hope they'll put up something good tonight.

The new deals won't be up until 6 pm PST/9 pm EST on Sunday so our wallets can rest until next week. This was posted in the OP.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#260 magykmyke

magykmyke

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Well, Killzone 2 worked fine. Resistance 2 will not load. I can get the info screen to come up, then when I hit start to load the game, the screen goes black and it never loads. I have to manually hit the eject button in order to get out of that.

Any advice on what the problem might be? The game doesn't look like it's in bad condition, but I don't own a second PS3 to see if it will work on it. I guess I'll need to send it back if I can't get it to work.

#261 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

You guys are lucky, hopefully I get it on Monday.

#262 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

Woo, just got Killzone today. Only issue is that the disc fell out of the spindle, but the case itself still has shrink wrap pieces on it. Disc is great quality and it comes with the little papers next to the manual.

#263 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

Woo, just got Killzone today. Only issue is that the disc fell out of the spindle, but the case itself still has shrink wrap pieces on it. Disc is great quality and it comes with the little papers next to the manual.

PS3 discs are blu ray which have like 3 extra layers of protection on them then dvds. Id prob buy ps3 games from gamefly but after that far cry 2 i got wow i might have to pass on 360 games.

#264 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

PS3 discs are blu ray which have like 3 extra layers of protection on them then dvds. Id prob buy ps3 games from gamefly but after that far cry 2 i got wow i might have to pass on 360 games.

Oh, I am well aware of the Blu Ray coating. It keeps the games from scratching but apparently is much thinner than the regular DVD coating. Stronger, but there is less of it. Still, this isn't the first PS3 game I've bought used and it won't be the last.

#265 SV11bucksfan

SV11bucksfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

I haven't even gotten mine yet!!! Its almost been a week and when I use to rent games from gamefly they would come like every 2 or 3 days!! kinda disappointed that its not here yet when it should be!!!

#266 drunkenxsouljah

drunkenxsouljah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

:hot: wtf SAME thing happened to me, opened the case, disc fell out and still had shrink wrap pieces on it

#267 GBKeroberos

GBKeroberos

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:35 AM

Got my copy of :360: Riddick a few days ago... case and manual were in great condition as was the disc... but my game keeps crashing at one specific point for some reason! Couldn't find anything online about it so I guess mine is defective... oh well, if GameFly replaces it I'll be happy.

My LOTR: Conquest from Gamefly never had a single problem, guess it's just a fluke.
R.I.P. Captain Jack 1962-2005

#268 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Got it today! Can't wait to start it after Mass Effect/Bioshock, going to be awhile..

#269 Enfuze

Enfuze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:30 AM

Got it today! Can't wait to start it after Mass Effect/Bioshock, going to be awhile..

No kidding.. great lineup to have though

#270 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:30 AM

Hmm, nothing today. Would have thought the weekend would have given them time to catch up. I'm sort of just going in blind because there's no way to track your packages. Oh well.