XBL Free 48Hour Gold Membership Trial code

JetEngineJesus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, I posted this up on RFD, but saved a couple of codes for the fine folks at CAG, in case you were interested. It's nothing earth shattering, but thought I'd pass these along rather than let them gather dust...
I've got a bunch of those game inserts that are good for a free 48 Hour Trial of the Gold Membership on XBL. They don't work for existing Gold Members, so they're of no use to me... They work for new accounts and possibly for Silver Members who used to be Gold Members, but I'm not positive about that last one.
Anyway, if you can use one or know someone who can, send me a PM and i'll get the code to you.

cheers

I've got a couple of 48hr codes to give away as well from my L4D2 and MW2. Just send me a PM and I'll send you the code.

I also have an unused one in my Gears 2, but I don't know if it would still be valid and I'd hate to give someone a code that's useless (the card doesn't show any expiry date so I can't be sure). If someone wants to give that one a try anyway, I'll pass it on.

I'll take a code whoever has a few left, I only let my brother play on weekends and I'm runnign out of codes. Also cawloo your PM box is full. Thanks whoever can spare a code for me :).

[quote name='kathos']I'll take a code whoever has a few left, I only let my brother play on weekends and I'm runnign out of codes. Also cawloo your PM box is full. Thanks whoever can spare a code for me :).[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's odd, considering it says I have 7 of 150 possible messages in my inbox. If you don't manage to get the code from JetEngineJesus, let me know and I'll send one your way.

Tried sending you a code kathos, says your inbox is full. I've still got the code here for you, and will try to send it again tomorrow.

ETA: Just have the 48hr code from Gears 2 left if anyone wants to give it a try. I can't guarantee it still works though. It's never been used, but with having no expiry date printed on it, who knows.

[quote name='telepathy']i happen 2 have 2 codes i think. im rly saving them for when there is a gold membership discount game i want.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the 48 hour codes are for multiplayer gameplay only so they don't include the other gold benefits. (1 week early access to demos, gold members deals of the weeks, etc are not available during the 48 hours.) I've been burned by this in the past so I thought I'd let you know.

[quote name='snuter']Unfortunately, the 48 hour codes are for multiplayer gameplay only so they don't include the other gold benefits. (1 week early access to demos, gold members deals of the weeks, etc are not available during the 48 hours.) I've been burned by this in the past so I thought I'd let you know.[/QUOTE]

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff that sucks. Hate u xbox so much.

[quote name='cswloo']Tried sending you a code kathos, says your inbox is full. I've still got the code here for you, and will try to send it again tomorrow.

ETA: Just have the 48hr code from Gears 2 left if anyone wants to give it a try. I can't guarantee it still works though. It's never been used, but with having no expiry date printed on it, who knows.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks! You can send it now, I didn't realize I'd sent/received 150 messages.

[quote name='snuter']Unfortunately, the 48 hour codes are for multiplayer gameplay only so they don't include the other gold benefits. (1 week early access to demos, gold members deals of the weeks, etc are not available during the 48 hours.) I've been burned by this in the past so I thought I'd let you know.[/QUOTE]

Does it allow access to 1vs100? I'm not sure if that counts as "multiplayer gameplay only" or is a gold member benefit not included.

Something else that is different about the 48-hour codes: some games (Halo 3 for sure, but do not know about others) do not allow ranked matches, only social.

And just for the record, if you have one of the month-long codes, those are good for a full Gold membership.

[quote name='telepathy']i happen 2 have 2 codes i think. im rly saving them for when there is a gold membership discount game i want.[/QUOTE]

Do you know first-hand that this actually works? Would love to get in on some of those weekly deals without having to actually subscribe :bomb:

[quote name='Domerchuchu']Well if anyone has a 48HR code I would love to have one..Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

I still have the one from my Gears 2 that doesn't show any sort of expiry date, but I think it should still be valid. I can send that your way once I get off work, in another 4 hours.

[quote name='cswloo']I still have the one from my Gears 2 that doesn't show any sort of expiry date, but I think it should still be valid. I can send that your way once I get off work, in another 4 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I appreciate it :)

[quote name='cswloo']I still have the one from my Gears 2 that doesn't show any sort of expiry date ...[/QUOTE]

I have used expired 48-hour codes in the past with no problems. Some of them were almost two years past the expiry date and they still worked.

[quote name='Masterpratt']Could somebody please pm me a code

Why can't you just buy Xbox Live Gold? People say it's worth the $60 CAN they spend.

[quote name='Masterpratt']because i dont got any money on me[/QUOTE]

Then get a job. $50-60 can be earned easily. Trade some games or ask for it as a birthday gift. Bumping a month old thread isn't going to get you any love here.

You should check eBay; I've seen 1-month and 3-month codes for dirt cheap... I think I've seen 1-month for $5 (don't quote me on that, though). It's not really cheaper than buying a 12-month card, but if you're low on money & only want to play, say, MW2 until you get sick of it, you could do a lot worse than $5...
If you've got a bit more money, the 12-month cards seem to go for around $40 on eBay...

Every now and then I grab a 1 month from Maximus Cards for about $10. OK I did it once since my gold ran out and probably will once more until we get the bills cleared up and I can spend some money on a year-long subscription. Although, I wouldn't say "no" to a 48 hour code so I can take care of that last achievement on Lego Star Wars complete saga, lol and then trade it in on goozex, lol.

Im gonna let you guys know about a trick(i dont use it for the record) if you have a recent 360(I think the earliest ive heard about is 07 manu dates), you can keep making new gamertags, if you arent gonna get invested into an online game. You get one month live for free, i believe this works for five times(?)

[quote name='summer_star17x']Hey does anyone have a code I could have? I just bought an xbox (arcade) and can't wait to start playing gears 2...
would be greatly appreciated!![/QUOTE]
You can make a new Live account and it will come with 1 month free Gold.

Hey gang, i got another free 48hour code from the Blur beta:
CQXH6-CXQ2T-T3BMG-WPYV4-KPMWT

pls. post once you've claimed it, so you don't waste anyone's time... :p

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']Hey gang, i got another free 48hour code from the Blur beta:
CQXH6-CXQ2T-T3BMG-WPYV4-KPMWT

pls. post once you've claimed it, so you don't waste anyone's time... :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I redeemed this :)

[quote name='kgroat']Heres 48 hour code from Blur Beta
CQ9B3-2HRYQ-TB8K3-QTPT9-WD98?
? is a number

Please post when you used it[/QUOTE]

you have a one in ten chance of getting this. good luck to whoever tries it lol

Blur beta code
R4GR-LDM6-QDWU-TWGE
Use it here Blurthegame.com/beta to sign up they give you a code for the beta and a 48 hour gold code.

Anyone else have Live trial codes? Just got an Arcade and there are a few downloads (i.e. free car in Forza) I could only get with gold membership.

I've got a Blur Multiplayer Beta invite code. If you sign up for that, they'll send you a token that'll let you d/l the Blur Beta, plus a separate 48 Hour Gold Membership Trial code.
If you're interested, lemme know & I'll PM it to you.

[quote name='spzero']Anyone else have Live trial codes? Just got an Arcade and there are a few downloads (i.e. free car in Forza) I could only get with gold membership.[/QUOTE]

The 48 hour codes don't bestow Gold benefits.. they only allow you to play online.

[quote name='TripleQ']The 48 hour codes don't bestow Gold benefits.. they only allow you to play online.[/QUOTE]

Oh it doesn't?

Well, I guess I don't need a free car...

Unless your a VIP member in Forza 3 the 48 Hour codes work to get all the free VIP cars. I use them for my husbands VIP account.

[quote name='ducksoda7']If someone can send me a code, I'd be happy to exchange feedback in return![/QUOTE]48 hour code right? No feedback necessary, I'll PM a couple your way.

bread's done
Back