The New, But Not Improved Firmware Thread: 4.00 Currently Available

• Please log in to reply
986 replies to this topic

#31 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Cheapest you keep ducking me. When are you going to FIGHT ME in some MORTAL KOMBAT? Are you not TUFF E NUFF to handle what I'm serving?
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#32 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

I did a long time ago and yes it did seem to load things better.

I just forgot since I had to get my system worked on.

And since I did it, I can now open multiple browser tabs without an issue.

Though "A Crack in Time" did cause my system to reboot when I tried to download the latest update (1.20). Not sure who to blame for that... Came right back up and I tried again. Downloaded and installed like normal anyway. Freaked me out a little...

Yeah, this happened to me in Unreal Tournament 3 for the longest. Happened to my friend with Street Fighter 4 too.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#33 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Cheapest you keep ducking me. When are you going to FIGHT ME in some MORTAL KOMBAT? Are you not TUFF E NUFF to handle what I'm serving?

I gotta admit that I'm a turtle in MK.:lol: I usually try and do a jump kick, foot sweep or slide(since I usually use Sub-Zero)and then I repeat those tactics ad nauseam. Couple those tactics with a special move or so in between and you have my pattern to follow.

So yeah, I'm not exactly the best player.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#34 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Fuck! Guess I spoke too soon. I fired up my system just a few moments ago and BAM! controller sync issues!
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#35 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

Damn. Well, so much for this fix working in the long term.

I was kind of hoping that it was an issue that could be resolved in an easy way like that.

I may try restoring system settings via Sony's step by step directions on their site next, since I have nothing to really lose at this point, but I will probably backup a few save files before I do it.

I would definitely suggest that any and all PS3 owners having sync issues of one kind or another(controller and/or trophy issues)start calling Sony en masse. Maybe if enough of us call these issues will be fixed.

Posted Image

#36 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

I gotta admit that I'm a turtle in MK.:lol: I usually try and do a jump kick, foot sweep or slide(since I usually use Sub-Zero)and then I repeat those tactics ad nauseam. Couple those tactics with a special move or so in between and you have my pattern to follow.

So yeah, I'm not exactly the best player.:roll:

Who cares. Come and fight me. BRING IT ON. Show me YO MOVES. I'm waiting.

#37 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

CHEAPEST. YOUR DIGNITY. WHERE IS IT? I demand satisfaction.

#38 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

CHEAPEST. YOUR DIGNITY. WHERE IS IT? I demand satisfaction.

I'm over a friends' house currently, so it's not like I have my PS3 here and theirs is in use.

Posted Image

#39 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

I got the controller sync issue last night. It also affects my bd remote and I can't even pair it again. Watching BSG last night with a wired controller rather than
my remote from the couch kinda sucked.

#40 Droenixjpn

Droenixjpn

The Waiting Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

This update doesn't do much important. But, it seems to be causing more issues then anything.

#41 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

I got the controller sync issue last night. It also affects my bd remote and I can't even pair it again. Watching BSG last night with a wired controller rather than
my remote from the couch kinda sucked.

Did you try the 'restore file system' thing that they told me to do? My system has been working ok since I did that. Of course, now that I said that, it'll probably Fuck up on me when I go to turn it on in a bit.

Posted Image

#42 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

I didn't do anything but plug my controller in via USB and after I turned it off, the bd remote worked again to start it up. I didn't think it would but my son got a hold of the remote and pressed the PS button and on it went.

#43 runciter

runciter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

BT devices are borked. If I power on with PS button, get 4 flashes and all BT devices don't work (BD remote, headset). The work around is power on from console then turn on BT devices. How does this get by testing? Looooooong thread on the offical PS board here

#44 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

On December 10th: 3.15

- Controller pairing issues fixed
- PSP Minis will be playable on the PS3
- Data transfer between 2 PS3's through an Ethernet cable

The only one that sounds interesting to me is that last one. If that allows for Locked Save Files to be transferred AND usable on another PS3, then they are making it really tempting for people to upgrade to a Slim.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#45 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

On December 10th: 3.15

- Controller pairing issues fixed
- PSP Minis will be playable on the PS3
- Data transfer between 2 PS3's through an Ethernet cable

The only one that sounds interesting to me is that last one. If that allows for Locked Save Files to be transferred AND usable on another PS3, then they are making it really tempting for people to upgrade to a Slim.

Yeah it would've been nice to have been able to move my Rockband saves when I upgraded to the slim. While 3.15 may fix the controller sync issues I just hope it doesn't Fuck anything else up in the process!

#46 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

http://blog.us.plays...oftware-update/

Hi everyone, PlayStation 3 (PS3) will receive its next system software update shortly – v. 3.15. This is an optional update, and it enables existing PS3 owners who purchase a new PS3 system (perhaps as a second unit for the household) to transfer their content from their current PS3 to the new system. Content such as games, game save data, and videos downloaded from PlayStation Network can be transferred to the new PS3 system and deleted from the current PS3 system. Other content, including personal media files (photos, music, videos), can be copied onto the new PS3 and remain on the current PS3 system.

Here’s a quick primer on how the Data Transfer Utility works.

Data Transfer Utility

• Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV. Please note, firmware (v3.15) must be installed on both systems.
  • On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings category and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]
  • Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data
  • After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB
  • If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.

More details on Data Transfer Utility will be available here once the firmware update is live.

minis
The 3.15 update also enables “minis” to be played on a PS3 system. As we’ve reported here before, “minis” launched on PlayStation Network this fall in conjunction with the launch of PSPgo. These bite-sized games offer a more casual experience and are ideal for shorter gameplay sessions. Now PS3 owners will be able to play “minis,” and those who own both a PS3 and PSP system will be able to play on either platform. “minis” for the PS3 system will be available for download on PlayStation Store in the coming weeks. If you’ve purchased any “minis” already for your PSP and the title becomes available for PS3, you’ll simply need to download the title to your PS3.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Sounds like it'll be out tonight and it'll make Cheapest happy because it's optional.

Reading the Minis paragraph is painful because I imagine it being read by a smug guy using hand gestures for all of the quotation marks. The transfer utility sounds like a really useful tool for people switching to a Slim, though it arrived a lot later than it should have.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#47 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

I would love to use that transfer feature if my old PS3 Blu-Ray drive goes out (it will happen sooner or later right?) and I want to replace it with a slim. Also minis on PS3 sounds good. 10$ Tetris on both PSP and PS3 sounds good.

#48 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Being able to play minis is neat, but I haven't been interested in anything they've released so far. I wonder how far away they are from letting you play PSP game purchases from the PSN store on the PS3.

#49 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

Read somewhere this was EU only. Guess it was wrong. I'm glad it's optional though, as I don't need any of it's features ATM.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

#50 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Yeah "optional" your options are to install this fix or keep dealing with controller sync issues!

#51 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Sorry about all the issues you've been having :D

ZuREZ44.jpg

#52 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

*sigh* We still won't be able to move copy-protected saves...

Hi Hirndoctor, you can copy all PS3 save data except for game saves that are protected by the game publishers through the transfer utility. Please check in the game manual for Killzone to find out if the game saves are protected

No, copy protected save data can not be transfered due to publisher’s requirements

#53 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'm hoping that Minis on the PS3 have some sort of HD option so they won't look as bad as I can imagine PSP games looking on a 720p or 1080p set.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#54 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

Being able to play minis is neat, but I haven't been interested in anything they've released so far. I wonder how far away they are from letting you play PSP game purchases from the PSN store on the PS3.

that's the feed back that they need... oh yeah, and ALL PSP games would be online via the ahhoc utility... could be nice...
Posted Image

#55 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

So app the data transfer option allows you to do is transfer without having to use an external drive, right?

It also sounded like it erases some of the game data on the original PS3 (system A in their illustration).

#56 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

*sigh* We still won't be able to move copy-protected saves...

Damn. Way for them to take what sounded like a really excellent idea and Fuck it up. It sounds like a good feature to have but if you're transferring everything over then that's just absurd to not do everything.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#57 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

Damn. Way for them to take what sounded like a really excellent idea and Fuck it up. It sounds like a good feature to have but if you're transferring everything over then that's just absurd to not do everything.

Its the developers decision. Not Sony. Pisses me off developers would actually lock game saves. I would lose my Rock Band 2 data if I moved to another console. I'm sure if Sony enabled locked game saves to transfer to another console, then some developer would sue Sony just for that small feature.

#58 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

Yeah "optional" your options are to install this fix or keep dealing with controller sync issues!

Knock on wood<taps head>, I've been having zero controller issues as of late since doing the file restore.:D

Of course, now that I said that I'm going to go to turn on my system tomorrow and find the issues have returned.

Posted Image

#59 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

Its the developers decision. Not Sony. Pisses me off developers would actually lock game saves. I would lose my Rock Band 2 data if I moved to another console. I'm sure if Sony enabled locked game saves to transfer to another console, then some developer would sue Sony just for that small feature.

Well, I'd go a step further and say it's absurd that the option even exists for publishers to do so in the 1st place, which is Sony's decision/fault. I realize for some online games (and now with Trophies) there can be some justification from a development point of view but for it to be so permanent and not locked to your PSN ID is really frustrating.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#60 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

What the Fuck is a copy protected save? What gives them the right to tell me what I can do with my hard work on a game? Fucking DRM Nazis. What games have copy protected saves so I can be righteously indignant?