Photo
- - - - -

The New, But Not Improved Firmware Thread: 4.00 Currently Available

• Please log in to reply
986 replies to this topic

#61 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

I know Mercenaries 2 did, which sucked when I went to copy my saves from my old PS3 to a PNY flash drive, only to be told that the file couldn't be copied.

Of course, it's such a glitchy pos that it's not even worth playing the damn game for the most part, but if you have Mercs 2 and wanna switch to a new PS3, you're SOL on copying that save.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#62 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

Well, I'd go a step further and say it's absurd that the option even exists for publishers to do so in the 1st place, which is Sony's decision/fault. I realize for some online games (and now with Trophies) there can be some justification from a development point of view but for it to be so permanent and not locked to your PSN ID is really frustrating.

Locked saves were happening long before Trophies (RSV2 for example), so that excuse is bull. To me it's one of the dumbest things ever and I really see no point to it at all.

#63 jonlubbe

jonlubbe

...For Great Justice!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

my favorite method of locking game saves is burnout paradise, which locks it to your psn id. making it copyable, but not sharable.

#64 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

What the Fuck is a copy protected save? What gives them the right to tell me what I can do with my hard work on a game? Fucking DRM Nazis. What games have copy protected saves so I can be righteously indignant?

Off the top of my head, many Capcom/Backbone PSN games like Mega Man 9 and Puzzle Fighter have protected saves. Also Rock Band 1 & 2 saves, plus Red Faction Guerrilla's multiplayer data are protected.

I couldn't believe they'd lock down something like Mega Man (especially after playing it for a few hours at a friend's :bomb:). It makes me miss the old days of
Spoiler

#65 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:06 AM

Hey look, it's optional! So there shouldn't be any bitching, right? RIGHT?!?!?

#66 runciter

runciter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

Yeah "optional" your options are to install this fix or keep dealing with controller sync issues!

+1 This update can't come soon enough.

#67 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:34 AM

Hey look, it's optional! So there shouldn't be any bitching, right? RIGHT?!?!?

If it at least was JUST the controller sync issue bug fix and an actual admission of 'we fucked up' from Sony, then yeah. But this adds in more useless shit that may Fuck up something else.:roll:

Posted Image

#68 hero101

hero101

FC3 US Navy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:39 AM

If it at least was JUST the controller sync issue bug fix and an actual admission of 'we fucked up' from Sony, then yeah. But this adds in more useless shit that may Fuck up something else.:roll:

Can that controller sync issue be solved? I have that issue as well.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScSXpY5F5ebi67djEcxLCh1LppgIsL6HFBGB39XzHLrv9fkTY&t=1&usg=__rTGLWWIDKzzePxIYpFQItriY4JM=Posted Image

#69 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Twice now I've been able to fix my control sync issue like this:

1) turn on the ps3 with the ps button on the controller. If it loses sync,
2) turn off the ps3 and then
3) turn it back on with the power button then
4) press the ps button on the controller

When I followed those steps, the controller worked fine again. Until the next time I turned the system on, at least. Easier than doing a file system restore which seems more like coincidence than actually fixing the problem anyway. :shrugs:

#70 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

Can that controller sync issue be solved? I have that issue as well.

As I said earlier, the file restoring seems to have worked. Of course, since I keep saying how it worked I know I'm jinxing myself and one of these times I'm going to have the sync issues pop up again.:roll:

Just find my post about how to do the file restore and that should solve it(if only temporarily).

Posted Image

#71 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

My PS3 use to never freeze on me, and now sometimes it does. I wondered If it was the new update or something else causing it.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#72 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

My PS3 use to never freeze on me, and now sometimes it does. I wondered If it was the new update or something else causing it.

you're just exerting the power of the cell. You need to add another SPU into it to offload the stress man.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#73 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

You should try the file restore thing, jman, as I haven't had any real freezing issues since doing it. I think it acts like a defragging program for the PS3.

The only thing I noticed that the file restore messes up is if you have a custom wallpaper. You'll have to go in and reset it. But other than that, it seemed to speed everything up.

My one buddy also told me that holding down the eject button will realign the disc slot if you're having issues with that.

EDIT: Here's a cut/pate and quote of how to do the file restore for those who wanna try it:

Hold the reset/power button to turn on the PS3, keep holding it till the system shuts back down a first time after 3 beeps. Then press and hold the button again to turn on the system and keep holding it till it beeps four times this time. The third and fourth beeps will be closely grouped.

It will bring up a prompt to plug in your controller via the USB charging cable. Do that, then select option 3 to 'restore file system' from the menu it brings up.

This process should take about a minute or two to complete. After that, the PS3 will restart and everything SHOULD be fine from then on out.

Posted Image

#74 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

you're just exerting the power of the cell. You need to add another SPU into it to offload the stress man.

Considering I don't game as much as I use to did. I don't think that's the case Paco. xD Of course I know your joking.

#75 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

Cheapest still ducks me because he knows I'll KOMBAT his ass into THE PIT.

#76 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

I saw your message yesterday. I would have played,but for whatever reason my net is crap during the day until late at night. That's one reason I was playing Blazblue. It still plays fine when my net is sucking.

#77 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

Not if I'm playing with my usual character of Sub-Zero, whose moves(including finishers) I still have memorized from 1993 or so when this game came out.:D

Posted Image

#78 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

Sub Zero? I random everyone. I don't have to use one character. I play random AND I know most of the characters moves by heart already due to years of KOMBAT.

#79 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well, I know Sub-Zero best but I do have many of the movesets of other characters memorized too. Although I rarely play other characters.

Posted Image

#80 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

Fixes bluetooth, LAN transfer of save games and data between 2 ps3s, PSP Minis (now just called Minis) playable on both PS3 and PSP. Minis playable on the 17th.

#81 dallow

dallow

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

http://dus01.ps3.upd...72/PS3UPDAT.PUP

#82 runciter

runciter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

Sweet baby jebus! After the update I can finally (again) turn on my PS3 slim by using the PS button! Woot! Hopefully it continues to work :D

#83 dallow

dallow

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

Not interested. The less FW's the better.

... Oh wait. It's you.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#84 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:55 AM

Thanks! I'll definitely need to download this if it fixes the bluetooth problems.

#85 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

The update's live for those that want it.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#86 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

Remember, it's optional, exactly what Cheapest always asks for ;)

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#87 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

Well, I know Sub-Zero best but I do have many of the movesets of other characters memorized too. Although I rarely play other characters.

Sub Zero is all testicles and NO SHAFT. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SHAFT ZERO?

#88 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

Remember, it's optional, exactly what Cheapest always asks for ;)

Actually, the actual firmware and bug fixes I WANT(unless they mess up my system like the 3.10 one did), but the shit like Facebook and more photo garbage and other shit I'll never use I'd like to be able to make optional.

Posted Image

#89 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hey, you guys remember that this is the firmware thread, right? Keep it on topic, por favor.

#90 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

Hey, you guys remember that this is the firmware thread, right? Keep it on topic, por favor.

It IS on topic. We're discussing WHY Sony needed to release a new one so soon(the fix for PS3 slim owners whose controllers are fucked up due to 3.10 is hidden in 3.15), so no need to get your panties in a wad.:D Although Paco challenging me to some matches in MK II was not, so sorry bout that.:D

Furthermore, lively discussion as to whether they should allow us to pick and choose what we actually want in the firmware updates(aside from the actual firmware and bug fixes themselves) should be allowed as well, since I still say that very little(outside of text chat and in-game XMB)of the fluff that's been included has been of real use to me.

Posted Image