Photo
- - - - -

(Sale has ended) 50 Cent, Warhammer (360) $10 and More at Newegg 72 Hour Winter Sale

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#31 io

io

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Don't want to play 50 cent because it's bad or because it's 50 cent?

I'm not a shooter fan and the premise sounds ridiculous. I've never played either game (50 Cent or Lair). But I'm certainly more inclined to try Lair. There are others (ahem-Cheapy-ahem) that can't get enough of every shooter out there and have a higher tolerance for this kind of stuff ;).

Anyway, I really just commented on here so I can keep tabs on other things they may add to the sale - there's nothing for me yet. But for $10 if it is a genre you like and the game isn't totally broken, then go for it!

#32 AaronChance

AaronChance

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

Warhammer is worth it for $10 if you don't mind learning a good but very unusual control scheme. Graphics aren't that hot either, but very fun game.

#33 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

I'm not a shooter fan and the premise sounds ridiculous. I've never played either game (50 Cent or Lair). But I'm certainly more inclined to try Lair. There are others (ahem-Cheapy-ahem) that can't get enough of every shooter out there and have a higher tolerance for this kind of stuff ;).

Anyway, I really just commented on here so I can keep tabs on other things they may add to the sale - there's nothing for me yet. But for $10 if it is a genre you like and the game isn't totally broken, then go for it!

But shooting and blowing..stuff is fun :cry:

#34 io

io

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

But shooting and blowing..stuff is fun :cry:

You may want to edit that a bit ;).

#35 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Im disappointed 50 isnt for PS3, I held off on their BF price of $15 because I dont think Id have anyone to co-op with.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#36 salazarmark

salazarmark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

How is LAIR post-analog controls? Is it worth the $15?

Is lair good for $15?

Post-patch, Yes.

Don't believe the internet mob mentality in which when the Alpha dog says one game sucks all the inferior breeds follow suit. It's a pretty but mediocre game worth about $15.

I could facepalm 90% of the posters here now so excited about fiddy when their old posts pretty much lambasted the title.

#37 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Is Tomb Raider worth $13? I keep hearin' that's it average at best, but it looks fun to me. Haven't had a Tomb Raider game since PS1.

Posted Image

#38 technole

technole

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

I'm so tempted to buy LAIR for PS3, but reviews for the game are yuck!

Don't waste your time. Everything else on the list is better.

technole.png

#39 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

Thanks op, was waiting for a good price on 50 cent.

#40 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

I'm done buying games during the holiday season. I bought 50 cent off newegg on black friday for 15.
Posted Image

#41 THHG

THHG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

Damn, I JUST bought 50 Cent from Newegg for $14.99 on 11/25. I haven't even received it yet and it's already on sale for $5 cheaper. According to Newegg's FAQ they do not have any price guarantee. :( Oh well.

#42 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Damn, I JUST bought 50 Cent from Newegg for $14.99 on 11/25. I haven't even received it yet and it's already on sale for $5 cheaper. According to Newegg's FAQ they do not have any price guarantee. :( Oh well.

Shoot newegg a email and explain - I bought my wife a Refurb Zune on Black Friday for $89 and it dropped to $68 the same day - Newegg gave me a refund for the difference.

Also, I snagged two copies of 50Cent - one for me and one for an Xmas gift for dad (He loved Scarface on Xbox...)

#43 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Sweet. I been waiting for a drop like this. I liked the 50 cent game. If you are fan then (which I'm not really) there are tons of music videos and stuff that are unlockables which is cool. I rented it for a weekend and beat it once.

#44 8riE

8riE

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

In for Quantum of Solace and Tomb Raider for PS3. Thx!

#45 10OnTheToilet

10OnTheToilet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

Looks like Street Fighter IV Collector Edition Xbox 360 is $49.99 today on NewEgg. Is this edition worth the extra $$$ seeing the great deals on the game alone this week

#46 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

in for 50cent , dam these cheap games are making my backlog huge!

#47 Larrabee213

Larrabee213

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

Whenever some of you CAGs get the 360 version in the mail, add me on XBL so we can co-op. =D

I am down, hit me up as well.

#48 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

Dammit, I just bought that headset for 30 dollars. Does anyone know if they have price guarantees?

Just for inquiring minds, I contacted support and they said they normally don't but they would this time (Likely because I've spent quite a pretty penny at Newegg)

#49 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Is Tomb Raider worth $13? I keep hearin' that's it average at best, but it looks fun to me. Haven't had a Tomb Raider game since PS1.

Ended up gettin' it lol.

Posted Image

#50 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

I enjoyed Jericho when i played it along time ago.

I picked up 50 cent, played this and had a blast, gettin it again to let GF play. Also picked up Warhammer for the hell of it.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#51 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

Might get 50cent too to play with bro. Does it have local split screen? Or someone mentioned only online co-op?
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#52 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Ended up gettin' it lol.

I greatly enjoyed TR:U when I played it earlier this year.

It is a damn pretty game and I found it enjoyable to play, I'm not really sure why it wasn't very well received.

The formula is kinda old at this point, but if you go in *wanting* a formula TR game TR:U is a really good one.

Especially at that price!

/snagged 50cent and Jericho for $17
//let my bro's wife know about 50 for $10 so now he has a surprise stocking stuffer for co-op!

#53 clok1966

clok1966

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

Post-patch, Yes.

Don't believe the internet mob mentality in which when the Alpha dog says one game sucks all the inferior breeds follow suit. It's a pretty but mediocre game worth about $15.

I could facepalm 90% of the posters here now so excited about fiddy when their old posts pretty much lambasted the title.

Agreed, LAIR, while flawed its no where near the game most of the (cough, cough) people here who have never played it make it out to be. Controls, yes, they are not perfect, but the patch made them better. To me a Huge dragon who turns on a dime sorta sems silly. Controls seem fine to me, but thats Opinion only. I went in really excited about the game, and came away disapointed, not becuase its a bad game, but becuase its only an Average game and I was expecting greatness. Fun yes, learning curve to controling Dragon, yes. $15 may be borderline (i got mine for $20 a long time ago, not unhappy with purchase) this game wont be for everyone. The price of a meal, not to bad for a game IMHO.

Battlemarch, RTS on consoles is never a "good" fit. Bit more a thinking mans RTS then most, hardcore will not be taxed, normal RTS players may find it a bit hard, none RTS players wil hate it.

Tomb raider, fun, but if you played it back in the day or the 5 other versions.... eh...

50- If you like JackA$$ over the top type stuff, this is the game for you. Nothing new, nothing bad, just alot of the same stuff in exagerated "im cooler then you" way. Fun enough. (sorry being an A$$ and thinking its cool isnt my idea fun, but some like it). As far as game play, $10 isnt to bad, nothing new, but not real bad spots either.

Overall, some good deals if you need a cheap game (But there are so many GOOD games out now, Dragon Age, L4D2, etc...)

#54 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

I have to echo the sentiments regarding 50 Cent BoTS. It's a great game that fell through the cracks of the gaming community. Really fun and over the top all the way to the end, but the end comes much sooner than you think....meaning it's very short. Play it through on the hardest difficulty for the most fun and then play co-op with a buddy online. Definitely worth it at this price!

I also recommend QoS if you're a Bond fan like I am. Again, a very short game, but loads of re-playability with online play and the like. Have fun!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#55 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

in for 50

#56 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

Warhammer is bad IMO. The controls are a mess, the tutorial is a joke, the manual tells you nothing about how to play the game, the graphics are last gen. Save yourself the $10

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#57 The SPism

The SPism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:35 PM

i picked up 50 at target while back.. haven't finished it but pretty fun of what i played so far

it's gears of war + the club + 50 cent

#58 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

I went ahead and jumped on 50cent and Jericho, though I hate RAP with a passion.... I do with Tombraider at 12.99 was on 360 been waiting to get what should be another great tombraider for cheap..
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#59 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

I actually saw Lair cheaper at other places. I think I will wait though since I was curious and the game is something that I have to wait until I can get it for a better price. 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand seems to be a really decent shooter from the reviews. I am not really into games where guys think they are the best thing and over others.

#60 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

I'm so tempted to buy LAIR for PS3, but reviews for the game are yuck!

I picked up a copy during the B1G1 that Blockbuster had last time and even $5 was $4.99 too much for that game.

But on the upside, Toys R'Us gives $7.50 for it in trade.:D I think it was actually higher than that when I traded my copy in about 2 months ago.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image