December Bestbuy RZ Gamers Club Offers

• Please log in to reply
2893 replies to this topic

#1441 videodrone

videodrone

Na, Na, Na, Na....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

I always suggest putting in a filler game, then returning it later.

Avoids the $0.00 transactions that raise red flags. :)

A return leaving the transaction at $0.00 or -$0.01 would probably flag too.

#1442 xxDOYLExx

xxDOYLExx

I Swallowed A Bug

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

My local Best Buy had pleanty of copies but when I went to the register they denied me and I only had one copy! I got real mad, demanded to see a manager, and cussed the female cashier out. I was mad having to stand in line for 20 minutes for this. The customer Service at BB has gotten terrible lately. Wish Circuit City would open back up.

I got there today about 3PM central time.

As far as these deals go I have a live and let live atititude but the irony in this post is palpable
You know were in the fade, right?

#1443 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

This will probably be my most successful thread on cags ever.

I scored 3 copies. 1 for me, 1 for my nephew, and 1 for my dog to shit on.

#1444 Britshady

Britshady

Own Them All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

Even with Wolfenstein being on the same coupon why would that deal die?

Because the entire coupon says 20 dollars off regular price. Both games are on sale. Once they caught the zeros everywhere they won't do Wolf either. So there's one deal ruined by this already. Hmm

Posted Image

Collection (Hasn't been updated in YEARS!)
http://users.ign.com...ction/BritShady

#1445 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

As far as these deals go I have a live and let live atititude but the irony in this post is palpable

Indeed, there is no need to yell at employees. There were many CAG's who didn't end up getting anything either. No one should complain if they say no since it says, "Not valid on sale priced items" on the coupon.

#1446 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

Was able to get Fairytale Fights for free today. :)

#1447 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

You got mad that they followed the terms of the coupon? The cashier didn't deserve that...they were doing their job.

Sadly a lot of people don't treat retail employees as actual people

#1448 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

Because the entire coupon says 20 dollars off regular price. Both games are on sale. Once they caught the zeros everywhere they won't do Wolf either. So there's one deal ruined by this already. Hmm

The coupon expires today, I think the Best Buys around here are already closed for the day. And i've yet to see the outcry of people not able to get Wolfenstein for 20 bucks.

Hey whatever though, keep arguing a very moot point.

#1449 videodrone

videodrone

Na, Na, Na, Na....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

So for those of use who didn't have any intention of trading or flipping have got shafted based on the sloppy CAG or the just plain aholes that don't care.

I miss the days when CAG was about finding cheap games to play and not about making money.

#1450 videodrone

videodrone

Na, Na, Na, Na....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

Sadly a lot of people don't treat retail employees as actual people

Sad, but true.

#1451 Britshady

Britshady

Own Them All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:30 AM

Gone are the old CAG/VGtalk days, when people would thread lightly/respectfully on deals like this. I remember when threads like this were filled with people saying they picked up one copy (to play) so that there would be some left for other CAGs and/or not to raise flags. Now it is just pages of people bragging how they got 20 copies without buying even a candy bar and figuring out ways to make money.

I miss the days when CAG was about finding cheap games to play and not about making money.

Me too my friend. Finally someone that's been around as long as I and knows what I speak of. I remember those days as well and there were considerably more deals around back then. They may have been harder to find but there definately more deals.

I was finally going to get Wolf as I'd been waiting for the 20 point and then I figured FTF looked mediocre and I might get a few hours out of it. I would have gladly paid 5 for it actually.

I bet if it was 5 that 90 percent of these people wouldn't have even bothered. It's just plain greed.

Posted Image

#1452 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

I'm pretty sure we as CAG didn't kill this deal..we were just doing our parts, and they got on. A game of cat and mouse if you will. When Let's Tap hits (and it will) we just gotta make sure we jump on it. I think it's great that we support each other and were able to keep a tight lid on this, but as one poster said, his kids will have a good x-mas. how do we know that guy didn't lose his job or something? All he had to do was spend gas money out of pocket to do something we were all doing anyways.

For all week if you didn't plan on getting to your store bright an early, you were tempting fate. Everyone knew everyone was going to do this, so I'm sorry if you waited too late in the day, but you had a good 6 hours or so..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1453 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

wow so get this had my copy, and this woman probably about 40 asked me to help her, so I moved the tray for her (it was behind this shelf tray thing) so I did, well that fucking bitch took get this all the copies including the one i sat down in order to help her. SHe took every fucking game

#1454 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

To be a devil's advocate, it only affects people who are planning to purchase Wolfenstein after 4pm today, as the coupon expires when Best Buy closes.

#1455 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

Me too my friend. Finally someone that's been around as long as I and knows what I speak of. I remember those days as well and there were considerably more deals around back then. They may have been harder to find but there definately more deals.

I was finally going to get Wolf as I'd been waiting for the 20 point and then I figured FTF looked mediocre and I might get a few hours out of it. I would have gladly paid 5 for it actually.

I bet if it was 5 that 90 percent of these people wouldn't have even bothered. It's just plain greed.

You can live in the past if you want to, but the fact is there are tons of deals sites out there and especially when there is advance notice of a deal like this, it's going to get slammed. There is no such thing as a "community" anymore when it comes to things like this, act fast or miss out. Sounds like you're bitter because you missed out.

#1456 mfitzmorris

mfitzmorris

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

Just south of $400 cash for 3 hours of driving around: awesome.

I may be a broke college student, but this was an amazing day to be a CAGer.

#1457 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

I was going to buy many copies but I wanted to leave some for other people. Still the deal doesn't compare to the Van Halen flip. I made over A THOUSAND dollars on this deal.

Actually I would say that is the best flip in video game history.

#1458 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:45 AM

Can't we all just get along? It's freaking Fairytale Fights. Cmon people, we took advantage of a computer error that wasn't suppose to be. More on and get over it.

#1459 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

i don't see the coupon for saint's row 2 on the site yet... has it gone live yet?

#1460 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

I was going to buy many copies but I wanted to leave some for other people. Still the deal doesn't compare to the Van Halen flip. I made over A THOUSAND dollars on this deal.

Actually I would say that is the best flip in video game history.

Please elaborate on the Van Halen flip that made you over a thousand dollars. :D
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#1461 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

i don't see the coupon for saint's row 2 on the site yet... has it gone live yet?

not till tomorrow

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1462 Ronin317

Ronin317

The Yinzer Slayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:47 AM

And when they screwed up this time it took like 6 hours to catch on because all the new CAG can't keep it in their pants and use a deal correctly.

I know this deal was one day but most of the time these deals run for a week or so and they never catch it. They're getting better guys and you need to adjust your CAG tactics and step your game up.

OR just keep jumping on me because it makes you feel better apparantly?

You're getting jumped on because you're trying to play the role of white knight with conjecture, speculation, and your holier-than-thou attitude. No one gives a fat Fuck what you think on your moral high-horse. You have yet to post anything that was a fact or even with any sort of backing.
There are no rules except what was printed on the coupon, so using the deal 'correctly' is subject to that disclaimer, and the cashiers discretion. Anything else is simply your opinion.

BTW, a 5 item transaction of, say, $5 that includes game software is going to be looked at just as a $0 transaction containing 4 pieces of software would be, and I can say that having worked in retail management. There was nothing on the coupon that stated that it must be used in conjunction with another purchase.

The fact here is that nothing was wrong with getting in on this deal, as this wasn't a situation where it was some modified coupon.

More speculation. Give it a rest dude, you've got no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Ronin317, 21 December 2009 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image

#1463 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I hoarded the F out of them. I'll admit it, and be unashamed. 2 stores, 6 copies at each store. 1/3 are for friends and family. 1/3 flipped to blockbuster, which I then flipped those games to GS for nice return on my time. The rest I donated to Toys For Tots.

You can call me a dirty hoarder all you want, but I feel pretty good about what I accomplished today, and all because a bad game can't sell until it's free.
Posted Image

#1464 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:51 AM

wow so get this had my copy, and this woman probably about 40 asked me to help her, so I moved the tray for her (it was behind this shelf tray thing) so I did, well that fucking bitch took get this all the copies including the one i sat down in order to help her. SHe took every fucking game

employee or customer?

#1465 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:51 AM

my problem was this hoarder took all of them including my copy as i helped her

#1466 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

Not only to you but all the other whiners here today.

Dude, it's Fairy Tale Fights. F-A-I-R-Y T-A-L-E F-I-G-H-T-S

These good deals like this, nine times out of ten are over crap games that no one really wants and are only considered good deals to be jumped on BECAUSE they can be flipped and gotten in large quantities (or in my case and a few others, cheap ass christmas gifts).

This is not the first deal nor the last so people, just stop. Fairy Tale Fights.

employee or customer?

-
a customer, this 40 year old lady

#1467 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:54 AM

my problem was this hoarder took all of them including my copy as i helped her

IDK man, I would have probably pushed this lady to the ground if she pulled that shit with me. I mean, you set that game on the shelf to help her and that's what she does? Maybe she did it inadvertantly, I would have definitely said something to her then tried to rip it out of her hands. Then if she made a scene, I would have stomped on her foot w/ my size 12 and ran the hell out of there
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1468 Britshady

Britshady

Own Them All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:54 AM

You can live in the past if you want to, but the fact is there are tons of deals sites out there and especially when there is advance notice of a deal like this, it's going to get slammed. There is no such thing as a "community" anymore when it comes to things like this, act fast or miss out. Sounds like you're bitter because you missed out.

It's not living in the past. It's stating that things were better in the past. More deals. IF people would heed the advice instead of talking shit to me then we may be better off.

How hard is it to figure out that a 0.00 transaction is not a good thing???? A business isn't going to allow this for long if at all?

I missed out yeah, but I'd rather pay full price for all my stuff here on out than act like half of these people that abuse things like this.

I just got the Up & Monsters Inc deal a month ago and walked out with both Blu Rays for 0.98. I got one copy of each and also bought two other Blu's for a total of about 40. Nothing about that transaction sends flags up. It just took me watching here and researching coupons and I got a great deal.

Be willing to pay a little for stuff. It's Cheap Ass Gamer not Free Ass Gamer.

Posted Image

#1469 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:55 AM

I would have been a complete asshole, followed her to the cash register, and told the employee that it shouldn't be free. Screwing BBY is questionable, but screwing over fellow consumers is just unacceptable, especially considering she is probably a member of SD, CAG, or FW and got the information from another source.

Personally, I drove past Best Buy thinking I would go and pick up a few CDs for Christmas presents. The section that is usually empty was full of cars and there was a line of cars trying to get in (and that was the back entrance). I came back home, saw the deal, but had no ambition to go back for the hassle.

#1470 mfitzmorris

mfitzmorris

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:57 AM

Y'know, all of us who hoarded this deal should be forced to beat Fairytale Fights as penance. Before trading my last copy, I cracked it open and played 2 hours- fucking monotonous stupidity.