Let's Tap ---- 19.99/0.00 ?????
Monster Vs. Aliens ---- 39.99/19.99

:ps3:
Saints Row 2 ----- 19.99/0.00????

Red Fraction Guerilla ----- 39.99/19.99

:ps3::360:
Saw ---- 59.99/39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the prices the BB website has and what the prices will be after coupon.

I will note that 2 games currently will ring up free. Don't get too excited because they have plenty of time to change this.

The msrp for SR2 is $19.99, right? So, they can't raise the price before this deal goes into effect. Sounds good to me. Thanks Estebon.

I guess they can still change the coupon? Who knows? People just need to relax and not try and score 20 copies each or else this will disappear quickly like X-blades

By the way what kind of scam is the 150 Gamer point coupon anyway? I did one for speed for speed shift and it didn't give me a 10 dollar coupon automatically. Isn't that what 150 point gamer bonus points is supposed to give you? India Joe and his supervisor didnt know on the 1-888-best-lie number.

[quote name='Estebon']They are regular reward zone points, not gamer zone points.[/QUOTE]

They were gamer zone points back then, now they are reward zone points. They changed the verbiage and don't expect anyone to notice.

Exactly... those take a while to get them... :) Last time I got one took about a month and a half to get it... not a bad deal for Zelda though...

[quote name='KingBroly']Gran Turismo for $20? Hmm...might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

If you're used to playing GT games with a racing wheel, GT for PSP can take a bit of time getting used to because there's only analog steering and no analog gas or brake. It makes keeping your car steady a little difficult when you want to maintain a constant speed while going through a turn.

Is Fairy Tlae Fights worth it for $20? I'm sort of interested, but heard it was pretty lame. However, $20 is a good price for something like that to me.

gah...everyone's trying to get rid of Wolfenstein aren't they? I've seen sales or promos for this game on all platforms MULTIPLE times over the past couple of months

[quote name='mingus']Free? ....we'll see. Maybe I'll finally pickup Madworld. Long time to wait though.[/QUOTE]
It has happened twice this year, X-blades and Warhammer Online. Both for free.

I'll pick up Saints Row 2 and Let's Tap (for my niece). Anyone know when these coupons will go live on the Reward Zone site?

Looks like a good month to me. There is a BB here in town that has like 15 copies of SR2 C.E. sitting on clearance at $20. Would be sweet if the coupon or YMMV luck worked on that deal!!

Saint's Row 2 on PC is a Steam game, so you can add it to your Steam account. That should be a sweet deal.

Looks like BB Advertising Team and Marketing Team aren't communicating again :)

When it does go live (and they haven't adjusted the SR2/Tap Price), you might have (at tops) 1 day to do this. I don't think they're going to let the X-Blades fiasco happen again (especially during the holiday season when executives and managers monitor the sales figures every hour).

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Is Fairy Tlae Fights worth it for $20? I'm sort of interested, but heard it was pretty lame. However, $20 is a good price for something like that to me.[/QUOTE]

Same - $20 is that magic "I'm just curious enough to be able to ignore regret" price.

Are you kidding me? Red Faction Guerrilla dropped to $20, and it is for 360 and PS3. I haven't seen this for PS3 at this price anywhere. I bought the 360 version last week for $20...wish I had waited darn it!

Oh well.

Do you have a link? When I hit the Gamers Club offers through the RZ page I only see $20 off for the PC version of Wolfenstein (which looks like the deal from last month)

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I don't think they're going to let the X-Blades fiasco happen again (especially during the holiday season when executives and managers monitor the sales figures every hour).[/QUOTE]

You have a lot of faith in big corporate's ability to monitor real-time sales data. Trust me, it doesn't work this way in real life.

[quote name='daminion']You have a lot of faith in big corporate's ability to monitor real-time sales data. Trust me, it doesn't work this way in real life.[/QUOTE]
They have to during the holidays (their jobs as well as any end of the year bonuses depend on it). I guess we'll see.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']By the way what kind of scam is the 150 Gamer point coupon anyway? I did one for speed for speed shift and it didn't give me a 10 dollar coupon automatically. Isn't that what 150 point gamer bonus points is supposed to give you? India Joe and his supervisor didnt know on the 1-888-best-lie number.[/QUOTE]

No, 250 Reward Zone points = $5. This is the minimum amount you have to acquire before MyRewardZone will generate a certificate for you. So basically 150 Reward Zone points is worth $3 which is an extremely weak "deal."

You're thinking of the "Spend $150 on video games get a $10 coupon" promotion.

[quote name='THHG']No, 250 Reward Zone points = $5. This is the minimum amount you have to acquire before MyRewardZone will generate a certificate for you. So basically 150 Reward Zone points is worth $3 which is an extremely weak "deal."

You're thinking of the "Spend $150 on video games get a $10 coupon" promotion.[/QUOTE]
No, for these deals the website specifically describes Gamer Club points, which should mean you only need 150 to get a $10 certificate.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1_150
If you purchase any of the titles for PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 below, you’ll earn 150 Reward Zone® program Gamers Club bonus points each.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Are you kidding me? Red Faction Guerrilla dropped to $20, and it is for 360 and PS3. I haven't seen this for PS3 at this price anywhere. I bought the 360 version last week for $20...wish I had waited darn it!

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad; you got the better version. From Lens of Truth:

The Xbox 360 had the edge in graphics with sharper textures, antialiasing and better effects.

[quote name='botticus']No, for these deals the website specifically describes Gamer Club points, which should mean you only need 150 to get a $10 certificate.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1_150[/QUOTE]

Those points have nothing to do with the spend $150 get a $10 certificate. If you look at the promotion and read the fine print:

Get a $10 reward certificate (500 bonus points) for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or at BestBuy.com®.
The 150 bonus Gamer Club points simply contribute to your pool of normal Reward Zone points. The $10 certificate comes from spending 150 DOLLARS on qualifying video game purchases. Otherwise you get a $5 certificate for every 250 points you accumulate, including Gamers Club bonus points.

[quote name='THHG']Those points have nothing to do with the spend $150 get a $10 certificate. If you look at the promotion and read the fine print:

The 150 bonus Gamer Club points simply contribute to your pool of normal Reward Zone points.[/QUOTE]
I accept that and my point is more that if they're just offering you 150 RZ points, they should say so. That fine print says there's no such thing as Gamers Club points.

[quote name='botticus']I accept that and my point is more that if they're just offering you 150 RZ points, they should say so. That fine print says there's no such thing as Gamers Club points.[/QUOTE]

Yes, calling them Gamers Club points is confusing but I guess it's because they are Reward Zone points that come from the Gamers Club. That and it's usually a 150 point bonus which is easy to confuse with the $150 promotion since it's the same number.

[quote name='THHG']Yes, calling them Gamers Club points is confusing but I guess it's because they are Reward Zone points that come from the Gamers Club. That and it's usually a 150 point bonus which is easy to confuse with the $150 promotion since it's the same number.[/QUOTE]

ARGH. This comes up every time RZ Points are discussed. The simple solution is that BB needs to stop calling things Gamer's Club Points and then the problem is solved.

I wouldn't mind these games:
-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
-Wolfenstien
-Terminator

I know none of those besdies Red Faction and MAYBE Wolfenstien are any good, but I'm hopping for price drops on all of them when the coupons are active so I can get them for free.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']I just clicked on the coupon for Silent Hill. It says it expires on 12/6/09 WTF?[/QUOTE]

That is the old coupon that has been up for at least a few weeks now. I think TC means that these are new coupons that, at last check, have yet to be posted.

I haven't tested it yet, but I was planning to go into BB today to see if they mean this to apply to preorders. Thats the only way this coupon works.

It could also mean that they have this new December coupon because they realized they screwed up the dates on the old coupon.

I'll post later tonight to let you know.

bread's done
Back