#1 UnknownAssassin

UnknownAssassin

Generic Username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

:ps3: Alone in the Dark: Inferno: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=72433

:360: Alone in the Dark: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=65358

:wii: Alone in the Dark: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=68901

Edited by UnknownAssassin, 03 December 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#2 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

I heard the 360 version is pretty bad compared to PS3.. anyone have any info on that? If not I'd pick it up for $10

axlrose4183.png

#3 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

I picked this up for $10 what seems like forever ago. Friends enjoyed it, but I haven't gotten that far into my backlog yet.
-Michael

Posted Image

#4 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

It's not too terrible of a game. One you'll forget about after you've beat it tho. The driving is pretty bad as well but fvor 10 bucks it's worth the play.

#5 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

I heard the 360 version is pretty bad compared to PS3.. anyone have any info on that? If not I'd pick it up for $10

The PS3 version is definitely the better one, it came out around 1/2 year later and fixed a shit ton of problems that the 360 version had. People say that the PS3 version is the most bearable, but overall it's still pretty bad. I might get the PS3 version, but i figure i can wait another $5.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#6 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

The 360 was supposed to get a patch adding everything that they added to the PS3 "Inferno" version, but Atari deemed it "not economically feasible" to support the poor chumps who made the mistake of buying their half-baked beta.

Aren't they out of business now? I hope so. What a terrible company.

#7 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

The Inferno subtitle only applies to the PS3 version which has additional features and a new camera, that one should be the better version of the game. Not a bad game for $10.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#8 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

The Inferno subtitle only applies to the PS3 version which has additional features and a new camera, that one should be the better version of the game.

This.

#9 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

I picked this up used for $17.99 on the PS3 for the allegedly better quality. However, I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes having to dodge some flaming stuff on the side of a building b/c the camera and controls are horrible. But for $10 and a little patience, it might not be a bad deal...
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#10 Ultra Woody

Ultra Woody

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

:ps3:: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=72433

:360:: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=65358

:wii:: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=68901

Only PlayStation 3 has the Inferno version, which is an upgrade version of the original. It's supposedly an enhanced version that fixes a lot of bugs/glitches.

#11 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

also - this has a mandatory 3-4gb install on the PS3
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#12 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

The PS3 version is by far superior, i played and loved the first one on the 360...then i picked up the PS3 version and was stunned by how much they changed.

I think this game got a bad rap, i loved the "scene" type missions in it, and the music was fantastic. Lots of innovative stuff, specially the inventory system.

Bottom line: 10 dollars is a steal, and the PS3 version is the one to go with def. But if the 360 is all you have, its still fun and enjoyable imo.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#13 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

But for $10 and a little patience, it might not be a bad deal

Isn't that what we say about most $10 games? But I do agree

this has a mandatory 3-4gb install on the PS3

OUCH

#14 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Good to see that the PS3 version has finally dropped to the $10 mark.

#15 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

This is easily the worst game I have ever completed. Don't waste your time or money.

It seems like at some point in development someone had an idea of making a really interesting game but what made it into the final release is narrative and technical mess. And I played it on PS3, I don't even want to imagine how terrible it must be on 360 if it's worse than the complete trash I played.

#16 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

I really enjoyed this game i got it from gamefly for 3.99 about 2 months ago in a sale they had. If you like to burn things you will love it lol i swear an arsonist made this game or something.

#17 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

looks like I'll be picking this up before class tonight. thanks for the info

#18 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

360 version is $9.99 at Newegg also. I am debating the PS3 version... I've played most of the old PC AITD games and enjoyed them, how bad can this be?

#19 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

Cool, gonna pick this up tonight!
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#20 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

I had the 360 version while the game is supposely buggy on all systems the game was amazing if you ask me. It felt like a real world. Sure theres some big bugs in the game but i never had the game freeze or anything just some weird glicths in game. The game looks great and the story i thought was very intresting. More of a horror game then RE5 was if you ask me.

Be sure to get it at Newegg its new there.

#21 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

I picked up the 360 version awhile back for $10. Played a bunch of it, but never beat it. It's not great, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. Worth it for $10 IMO, but no more.

#22 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

every store I call has only 1 copy of this game and it's sold out online :(

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#23 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

Meh, I didn't like the demo.

Posted Image

#24 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

Game is decent. Gets a bad rap, there are much worse survival horror games out there. Get this and BE THE F*CKING UNIVERSE
Posted Image

#25 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

For $10 Id bite

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#26 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

8.99 used isnt too bad either

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#27 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

I'm currently playing this game and enjoying (as long as I think about it as an adventure game). However the combat mechanics are really awful, though bearable once you get used to them. It has some really interesting puzzles with the game mechanics (fire, combining items, etc) and as someone else mentioned, there is some 'scene' gameplay which makes for tense and interesting gameplay

And for trophy collectors: Most trophies can be obtained just by going over the story, only one or two will require some grinding/backtracking to get
Posted Image

#28 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

The PS3 verison is the BEST. Wii & 360 & PS2 verion is not worth $5.
"Evil is Funs"

#29 deletion

deletion

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

I picked this up used for $17.99 on the PS3 for the allegedly better quality. However, I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes having to dodge some flaming stuff on the side of a building b/c the camera and controls are horrible. But for $10 and a little patience, it might not be a bad deal...

i agree. controls are horrible. i tried playing through this game at least 4 chapters into it, never got used to the controls. the whole third/first person doesn't work for me. i bought this for 9.99 a while back, and i'd say definitely not worth the money. just my opinion :)

#30 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

I had the 360 version while the game is supposely buggy on all systems the game was amazing if you ask me. It felt like a real world. Sure theres some big bugs in the game but i never had the game freeze or anything just some weird glicths in game. The game looks great and the story i thought was very intresting. More of a horror game then RE5 was if you ask me.

Be sure to get it at Newegg its new there.

That's not fair to "compare" to RE5. RE5 was more of an "experimental" game of the franchise. It was more of a co-op/survival then horror game.