Photo
- - - - -

Buy Xbox 360 (other HW may qualify) get 1600 FREE ms Points (Target, In-store only)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
319 replies to this topic

#301 cdigital41

cdigital41

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

Picked up Rock Band 2 360 for $12.48 and got a points card free.Then went to another Target and picked up MX vs ATV 360 for $4.98 and got another free points card. Awesome deal.

#302 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

Love that this is called a scam. I hand them their coupon and they scan it into their registers and it works, but I am at fault. Target could easily fix this by now if the coupon was only for consoles. The fact they haven't tells me to keep using it because it was intended for games as well or they are complete idiots. Either way Target is at fault on this one if it is a glitch not the people using a legitimate coupon that scans just fine.

#303 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

I guess I'm already a scofflaw, since I used the BB B2G1F to my advantage. If companies don't fix these issues, it's because of immateriality... It follows that if it's immaterial, it's likely not to cause a change in practices. Since grocery and consumables prices are tied in a much greater fashion to inflation and to wholesale prices than to shrinkage (which doesn't even enter into this discussion, since the sale of cards doesn't = theft) or to gross margin on goods or percent of profit, the notion that this IN ANY WAY will increase what someone pays for their groceries is ludicrous. It's just a grasp at straws to find SOMETHING to hang a disapproval on. Why don't you hate this deal because it discriminates against poor people, since they're less likely to shop at Target than Wal-Mart? It has more validity than the other argument.

Edited by crazedracerguy, 18 December 2009 - 09:44 PM.
punctuation fixes

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#304 gripper

gripper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Of for goodness sake - if you find it morally objectionable then don't use the coupon. For everyone it works for - fire away until Target fixes their own point of sale.

This is America - stop telling everyone what to do, freedom of choice and all that.

Don't recall everyone getting so worked up over the $10 coupon 2 years ago - I am still using MS points from that little bonanza.

#305 djplasmid

djplasmid

Stand On Your Own

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Agreed. I've been to Target more times in the past few days that I've been there in the past few months.... and each time I purchased something other than an item related to this deal. The fact that every time I went to Target was specifically to look for items to pick up with this deal means that perhaps Target isn't as stupid as we think.

#306 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Can someone delete the spam posts again from the troll that is deriding everyone for using the coupon on anything but consoles?

Edited by dabamus, 18 December 2009 - 10:06 PM.
changed term from idiot to troll

Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#307 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

Agreed. I've been to Target more times in the past few days that I've been there in the past few months.... and each time I purchased something other than an item related to this deal. The fact that every time I went to Target was specifically to look for items to pick up with this deal means that perhaps Target isn't as stupid as we think.

This from the guy that spent $1 on a preorder card and still felt morally justified in using a coupon to get a $20 points card for free. Give me a break. There is no way you can honestly believe Target is doing this as a loss leader. If they wanted to do that, they would have advertised the deal or at least put on the coupon that it was valid for other items. The intention as was made clear on the website where the original coupon came from was to reward people who bought a new Xbox with a free $20 points card. How everyone here is somehow developing some crazy rationale that Target intended this or wants all of us to keep scamming them with this coupon is absurd. It's the holiday season, the busiest shopping week of the year by far, so Target probably isn't paying as much attention to this issue as they should. They are also staffed by lots of new employees and frankly, people who may not care about ethics or legality. As I have said before, people can do what they want and if people don't have a problem with the ethical issue involved here, that's their personal choice. I will not accept, however, these absurd arguments that this is intentional or that Target deserves to take the loss or that this is a deal instead of a glitch which requires a scam on the cashier to work.

#308 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Can someone delete the spam posts again from the troll that is deriding everyone for using the coupon on anything but consoles?

Says the guy who not only used the scam to get the points, but then had the audacity to commit return fraud to return the games and kept the points. Are you kidding me?

#309 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

My trip today to Target:

Assassins Creed 360 $9.98
1600 Points Card Free AC
Mirrors Edge PS3 $9.98
Kingdom of Heaven Blu-Ray $7 after two coupons

;)

#310 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

You are all going to Hell.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#311 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

I love the "well, it works, so there's nothing wrong" argument. You know what worked, too? The Best Buy glitch where you could get the most expensive game free in a B2G1. That doesn't mean that is how the thing was intended to be used. I honestly don't care what you people do, but I stumble into this thread, and I see people thinking that this coupon was really meant to be used with $5 items. Yes, because a store is going to give away $20 worth of product to thousands of people, so that they will spend a few bucks. Makes perfect sense.

#312 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

if it works for me today than cool no ones doing anything wrong

but if doesnt.... you guys are a bunch of scammers

#313 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Haha you catch on fast.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#314 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Just be honest. "Hey I heard this coupon works if I buy a game, even though it says hardware, can I try it?" Most people will say "ok, sure."

Then it's bargaining/haggling/negotiating.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#315 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

not sure if you guys were asking for the coupon or not but heres the link to print it
http://coupons.targe...U k0Vud5AkAA==

also r you guys making one purchase/one card per coupon or can you do two--

might play it safe n do one per coupon and just do it twice unless i hear otherwise

#316 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

not sure if you guys were asking for the coupon or not but here it is

http://coupons.targe...U k0Vud5AkAA==

also r you guys making one purchase/one card per coupon or can you do two--

might play it safe n do one per coupon and just do it twice unless i hear otherwise

I was able two use two at once
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#317 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

If you really want to give and "feel good about yourself", do what I did if you have the chance. Like I've said before, I picked up Dirt 2 and 1600 points for $15.34. Used my point code, then sold the game on ebay for $45. I then went back to Target and spent $50.xx on Armani cologne and some gum in all cash. So there...you take advantage of the deal, sell off products LEGITIMATELY, return to Target and buy higher end item with your profit in cash...everybody wins.
Posted Image

#318 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

== Post of the thread award ==

#319 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

MODERATORS: This thread needs to be locked or moved to deal discussion.
It has gotten WAY WAY WAY off topic

#320 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

MODERATORS: This thread needs to be locked or moved to deal discussion.
It has gotten WAY WAY WAY off topic

I agree. We're done with this now trainwreck of a thread.