GameFly Daily Deals: Afro Samurai & Fuel $10, Wheelman $13, Ghostbusters $20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#181 mikejenks

mikejenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

way to give 360 more deals yet again........

What are you crying about exactly?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#182 randomuser

randomuser

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:17 AM

Meh, nothing for me tonight.

#183 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

How did you figure this out?

He figured it out
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#184 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:21 AM

He figured it out

This.

Posted Image

#185 Ecto311

Ecto311

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:21 AM

What are you crying about exactly?

Maybe he thought by posting that someone would give a Fuck. If it is a real problem sell the other system you own and get a 360. Worked for me.

#186 randomuser

randomuser

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

Maybe he thought by posting that someone would give a Fuck. If it is a real problem sell the other system you own and get a 360. Worked for me.

Bingo. 360 games always seem to be cheaper...

#187 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

is Xmen better on 360 or PS3?

#188 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Who has a 360 these days?

Just kidding. Don't hurt me.

Wolverine is a great price for both 360/PS3. Might get but I want Bioshock.
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#189 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

eh, gonna pass on transformers and keep holding out.

that game is gonna be in bargain bins soon with the rep its received.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#190 randomuser

randomuser

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

is Xmen better on 360 or PS3?

From Gamerankings:

360: 76.64%
PS3: 75.88%

Translation: It doesn't matter, it's the same game. 8-)

#191 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:30 AM

Who has a 360 these days?

Just kidding. Don't hurt me.

Wolverine is a great price for both 360/PS3. Might get but I want Bioshock.

Tempted by Wolverine as well. I want it to an extent (plus it's used so Activision gets nothing from me, always a plus) and it's about half as much as it costs at GameStop. I just can't shake the feeling that it will be around $10-12 sometime next year. I've heard some good things regarding the game, though in terms of licensed games it obviously got a little overshadowed by Batman: AA.

Dunno if anyone could give any insight into its length/difficulty/etc? I'm perfectly willing to shell out $18 for an 8+ hour campaign, though I don't want to feel somewhat ripped off if it's as short as say, Heavenly Sword or Terminator: Salvation. I know it has a Metacritic in the mid 70's, but I know that the Four Point Scale could be in effect here.

Just a quick fact in regards to (complaints about) the disproportion of games by platform: There are roughly 175 games in Gamefly's 360 store while there are roughly 85 in their PS3 store. It's fairly obvious by sheer ratio that the 360 would have more deals. Do I wish they had more PS3 game deals? Sure. Do I understand and accept why they're offering a ton of great 360 deals? Definitely. Heck, I picked up Left 4 Dead for my brother, so it isn't all bad for me. I was a GameCube owner last generation and a Wii owner this gen, I know when to accept the crappy situations quite a few retailers did and continue to give.

Edited by Nirron, 07 December 2009 - 02:47 AM.

Posted Image

#192 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

I'm thinking we can expect to see Raven Squad at $9.99. :)

Would anyone buy it for that price? I sure will...

This. This this this.

:D :D :D

#193 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:59 AM

Well, Wolverine is a pretty good game. It's very God of War-like. Lots of killing and throwing people into things that either drive through their chest or decapitate them.

On another note, I've been trying to trade my 360 copy for over a week, if anyone is interested and didn't want to actually pay money for it. :bomb:
Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Luigi's Mansion
:ps3: Deadpool
Recently Completed: Kirby Triple Deluxe :3ds:

#194 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:14 AM

isnt the next gamefly sells suppose to be posted tonight?

#195 noisome07

noisome07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

Most likely have already been posted. Check a page or two back.

#196 flex45

flex45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:16 AM

fail.

#197 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:28 AM

I liked the demo of Wolverine enough, but...I don't know if it's worth picking up just because it's a not terrible licensed game.

#198 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:47 AM

Just got a cancellation e-mail for Afro Samurai, well that sucks.

#199 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:48 AM

Same here. I hold industry reviews on a higher standard than customer reviews, simply because professional reviewers are held accountable to provide unbiased opinions on video games. Now, are all professional reviewers without bias? Of course not. But, the majority of them tend to do their jobs very well, and I find that they're much better at articulating their view-points than most of the Joe-shlubs, and pre-teens who plague the message boards, and product reviews.

"are held accountable to provide unbiased opinions"

um. they're glorified marketers for any big budget game.

now, i agree, many critics are great, and i happen to like to read game reviews. but i don't for a second think they're unbiased when the website runs ads for the same game or publisher. it's hard/impossible for a profit-driven news source to be 'unbiased' when it's advertisers (bread butterers) are the same ones that they are reviewing.

#200 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

I liked the demo of Wolverine enough, but...I don't know if it's worth picking up just because it's a not terrible licensed game.

Big production games like this always have me on the fence when they come around this price point. The game was released slightly over 7 months ago and we're seeing a sub-$20 sale. The CAG in me wants to wait, but I enjoyed the demo and the God-of-War-esque comment makes me want to play it now.
Posted Image

#201 OG Pirate

OG Pirate

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

Take the dive on Wolverine guys. It's well worth it for that price point. I'm thinking about picking it up again because there are some achievements I didn't get the first time around.

#202 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:11 AM

I bit on Wolverine for the PS3. I've been wanting to get it but Target still hasn't put it on clearance and I just can't justify spending $50 on it. I have to say, I love CAG... but my wallet doesn't.

Edited by BloodiedWraith, 07 December 2009 - 04:14 AM.
Found answer to question

#203 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:39 AM

yea i bit on Wolverine for 360 came out $19.25 shipped

#204 strayfoxx

strayfoxx

Slim Cessna fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

Take the dive on Wolverine guys. It's well worth it for that price point. I'm thinking about picking it up again because there are some achievements I didn't get the first time around.

Whats up fellow Mountaineer? I teach and study there.

#205 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:59 AM

Bingo. 360 games always seem to be cheaper...

Thats because they sell more and can lower the price a bit faster, plus they have more stock of it compared to PS3. Of course if it is Call of Duty no matter how little or how much it sells or how much stock they have it will never drop....

#206 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

Big production games like this always have me on the fence when they come around this price point. The game was released slightly over 7 months ago and we're seeing a sub-$20 sale. The CAG in me wants to wait, but I enjoyed the demo and the God-of-War-esque comment makes me want to play it now.

Well i am sure the fact that it is a movie game made a lot of people pass it so sales weren't as high as say if it came out when no movie was. I mean this isn't FarCry 2 or Wolfenstein drop to $20 in like 2 weeks. But i can still understand being skeptical of anything closely associated with a movie or even based around a movie or even with anything closely resembling a movie.

#207 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:06 AM

Sunday deals http://www.cheapassg...244#post6598244