PlaySwitch.com - Register A New Free Trading Account, Get a $5 used game for free

sandman8288

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
PlaySwitch.com is running a promotion where new members get
1 trade credit, and $5 credit to order 1 free used PC or Video game.
Shipping is free on every game.

This is a game trading site similar to Goozex.

The selection is mostly older titles, and not the greatest,
and seems to be better for last-gen games.
But for free, who can complain? ;)

See the banner on the left side:
http://www.playswitch.com/

It's quite tedious to search through the games though....
I picked up Tiger Woods 06 for the 360.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm signing up now. Want a ref, OP? I don't mind- I'm really only in it for the free game, anyway. XP[/QUOTE]

EDIT: I found it. You would need to PM your e-mail address for it.
But if you don't want to, that's ok.

[quote name='sandman8288']EDIT: I found it. You would need to PM your e-mail address for it.
But if you don't want to, that's ok.[/QUOTE]
PM'd. Also, do you have to pay shipping or anything? That would kill the deal for me if it does. :/

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']PM'd. Also, do you have to pay shipping or anything? That would kill the deal for me if it does. :/[/QUOTE]

Shipping is also free...

[quote name='sandman8288']Shipping is also free...[/QUOTE]
SWEET. :D I'm looking through some of the DS games now, and there are some VERY decent selections, even at 5 sbucks, or whatever they're called. Considering you can get another 5 for 5 real dollars, I'd say there are some really good used deals to be found... Unless shipping OUTSIDE the promo kills it. XP

[quote name='Raymond']EST 5 bucks but when you click inside it's actually more than 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the way the site is set up is a little deceptive,
the prices aren't always what they say....I think it's more of a "suggested" price.

Okay, I see how it works. Someone has to be offering the game at 5 sbucks for you to get it at that price. Just because it's listed doesn't mean it's in stock or at that price. :/

[quote name='exileinoblivion']is there any way to just search games that are available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can narrow it down on the side by "Most Available" under "sort results"...
That's what I ended up doing.

[quote name='sandman8288']Yeah, you can narrow it down on the side by "Most Available" under "sort results"...
That's what I ended up doing.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I just found this out- under where it normally says "All Games" you can scroll down to "Available Only." That should shorten searching quite a bit. :p

Goozex has been really slow for me lately so I thought this would be a nice backup site, but I really don't like PlaySwitch's system. Too complicated. Makes you appreciate Goozex's simplicity so much more. Eventhough some members want to, I really hope Goozex doesn't implement such a name-your-own-price model.

[quote name='anthonyd46']damn alot of games suggested at 5 but none are really 5 for the most part[/QUOTE]

Very very true, only last gen console I have is an xbox and the trade list is a wasteland. Spent 15 minutes looking for an actual 5 point offer and didn't find one. The website is really not set up well. Who cares what the suggested price is? Show what people are willing to sell for. Maybe I'm missing something in the UI.

Thanks for the post OP.

I found a few PC games that were like 6 and 5, I put a bid on both, hope atleast one seller accepts. Guys, you can put in a bid, even if it's lower than what the seller wants. Hell, who knows. Maybe they've been sitting on the game for awhile and will just want to offload it for a bit less.

For those who just can't find any, I saw Killer7 for PS2, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for Xbox, and SSX Tricky for Gamecube for 5. I've always wanted to play SSXT... :p Thanks, OP!

DAng. I'm not figuring out how this site worls at all.
But for a free game, I'll work on it.

EDIT: Figured it out. Stupid me trying to open stuff in a new tab. *facepalm*
Found a PS2 platformer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: This entire site is broken. What makes people think they can put up a site this crappy and run a business out of it? It's pathetic.

love to find a 2nd site to work with goozex

how long has this been in business... i be shocked if it last 6 months. (reminds me of a poor mans switchplanet

Can't find anything of interest. Found GTA: LCS for the PS2 but it got snatched up by the time I tried to confirm.

[quote name='Squarehard']the site name sounds awfully similar to bait' n switch[/QUOTE]
Isn't that what they're doing? "Come get a free $5 game...oops nothing actually costs $5, why dont you put in $7 more and we can get you something cool."

That won't stop cheapos like me finding a free game if it kill us, but it might discourage repeat business. The prices are still half decent even if they aren't as advertised.

[quote name='hpv']Edit: This entire site is broken. What makes people think they can put up a site this crappy and run a business out of it? It's pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Geez, man. It seems like they're just starting out. What was so bad about it? I mean, besides the amount of games they have in stock, they seem pretty similar to Goozex...

I have "first in line"

for madden nfl 08 ps3
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles ps2
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 gc
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology ps2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes ps2

and The King of Fighters XI ps2
what to get?

[quote name='Casteor']I have "first in line"

for madden nfl 08 ps3
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles ps2
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 gc
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology ps2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes ps2

and The King of Fighters XI ps2
what to get?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you just "get" them, as they have to be available first...

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I don't think you just "get" them, as they have to be available first...[/QUOTE]

I know, but I mean which one should I opt for and get when that time comes

How the hell does this thing work?

I see a game I want that's "EST 5", yet I have no idea where to put the promo code or how to even see if any copies of the game are even available.

The site would be immensely better if the minimum list price is shown. I have to click on each individual game to see the real price. But if I receive Splinter Cell: Double Agent (PS2), I'll probably visit the them again.

bread's done
Back