• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...und 4&lp=2&cp=1

Wonder if Amazon will match, where it is currently $26.99. 8-)

Edit: Wow...didn't see the new ad thread right at the top. Must be too early in the morning for me!
Posted Image

#2 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

very tempting

#3 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

UFc still cost $49.99 :roll: .........

It's a shame what Ea did with FNR4 one of the most disappointing games for me this gen, sales and price drops shows that the public agrees.

#4 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

It's a shame what Ea did with FNR4 one of the most disappointing games for me this gen, sales and price drops shows that the public agrees.

Are you talking about the controls because I thought they released some DLC that allowed you to push buttons rather than flick the stick to punch.

And this game has been out for quite a while now so it's to be expected that the price would drop (to 39.99) now it's on sale for $20 off.

#5 EasyEducator

EasyEducator

The Easy Educator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

I initially had mixed feelings about FNR4. It was frustrating at first compared to my previous FN experiences. I actually LOST a couple of fights <gasp>! But once I got used to the slower pacing and more technical fights I really enjoyed it. I fought at least one bout a day all through summer. IMO, its a very solid buy at $20 and deserving of its own tread outside of the BB weekly ad post. Thanks, OP.
Posted Image

#6 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

It is a sports game which has been out for 6 months....you really think it would still be $60 at this point?
Posted Image

#7 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

It's amazing how misinformed this post was

#8 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

I have been waiting for this to drop to 20. thanks OP.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#9 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

It is a sports game which has been out for 6 months.

It's amazing how misinformed this post was

:roll:

The IQ from the users on this board proves how idiotic people on here are. FNR4 is NOT a traditionally sports game that is released yearly so "It's a sports" game theory is debunked as the last Fight Night game was released on 2/20/06 which is well over 2 years ago.....

Second FNR4 was released 6/24 which does not equal 6 months and UFC which was released on 5/19 STILL retails for $49.99.... Another user debunked.....

Last but not least every person can eat "Crow" now....

Thank You
:applause:

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

The IQ from the users on this board proves how idiotic people on here are. FNR4 is NOT a traditionally sports game that is released yearly so "It's a sports" game theory is debunked as the last Fight Night game was released on 2/20/06 which is well over 2 years ago.....

Second FNR4 was released 6/24 which does not equal 6 months and UFC which was released on 5/19 STILL retails for $49.99.... Another user debunked.....

Thank You

*facepalm*

Regardless of whether it comes out yearly, sports games do tend to decrease in value quicker than non-sports games. UFC is currently $41 on Amazon btw, so no it's not STILL $49.99. Also the person never said it's a yearly sports game, so what theory are you trying to debunk? You're not implying that it's not even a sports game because it doesn't come out yearly are you?

FNR4 has an 88 on metacritic, UFC an 83. You can claim it's one of the most disappointing games of this generation, but at least have something to back it up instead of looking so clueless. Many people complained about the controls, but they put out DLC to fix that.

The fact that you're actually claiming to have "debunked" what people wrote makes you come off as incredibly lame.

#11 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

yeah the price drop of sports games is usually faster than non-sports games.

i remember some nba game costing $49 then a month later dropped to $10, lol.

#12 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

Go wrestle in a jello or mud pit if you're going to act like a bunch of catty women.

default.png2.png

#13 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

Thank You

Without a doubt one of the stupidest posts I've seen since the days of ff7cloud.

card.png

#14 bleak

bleak

Cletus Van Damme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

yeah the price drop of sports games is usually faster than non-sports games.

i remember some nba game costing $49 then a month later dropped to $10, lol.

It also helps when the game isn't very good and (at release) freezes on the opening load screen

Why'd EA have to shut down EA Chicago?! They should have been the ones who made this game.
Nil novi super terram

#15 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

*facepalm*

Regardless of whether it comes out yearly, sports games do tend to decrease in value quicker than non-sports games. UFC is currently $41 on Amazon btw, so no it's not STILL $49.99. Also the person never said it's a yearly sports game, so what theory are you trying to debunk? You're not implying that it's not even a sports game because it doesn't come out yearly are you?

FNR4 has an 88 on metacritic, UFC an 83. You can claim it's one of the most disappointing games of this generation, but at least have something to back it up instead of looking so clueless. Many people complained about the controls, but they put out DLC to fix that.

The fact that you're actually claiming to have "debunked" what people wrote makes you come off as incredibly lame.

Your an idiot.

UFC
-----

$49.99

Gamestop
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=71805

$49.92

Walmart
http://www.walmart.c...uct_id=10714132

$49.99

Bestbuy
http://www.walmart.c...uct_id=10714132

$46.99
Newegg
http://www.newegg.co...9-038-_-Product

$49.99

Buy.com
http://www.buy.com/p.../208606947.html

So it's safe to say that Ufc is well over $40+ on MANY websites, yet FNR4 which boast a "better score" sells for less........ Who would of thought.......

FNR is NOT a traditionally sports game as listed for the people who lack comprehension so it can still hold it's value just like UFC has.

Now go eat another plate of crow with some nuts on the side fruitcake

#16 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

You're* an idiot
traditional* sports game

UFC was 19.99 at several stores around BF. It was also 19.99 at GF last week. Sales come and go and they aren't always relative to the quality of a game. Personally, I don't give a shit about UFC or FNR4 but you happen to be acting like a huge asshole on a deal thread so...here I am.

Can we get a mod in here?

card.png

#17 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Wow...

When people get to a certain level of stupidly, It stops being fun to make them look even more stupid. This is just sad people.

I think this sums it up nicely though

Your an idiot.

#18 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

How fast this thread degenerates into an argument. :-(

Coming from FNR2, I really enjoyed the game and all its features. Sadly, the online community had quite a few spammers and jerks who would trash talk. I got rid of it on Goozex fearing that price drops were inevitable. Once Amazon price matches BB, I will surely dip. I'm curious to see how their new DLC plays along with how they corrected spamming in the new patch.

goo.gif evergoo.png

Recent Game Purchases: X-COM Collection, StreetPass Games Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Currently Playing: StreetPass Games, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

My Latest Karaoke Video: Lady Gaga's Just Dance

#19 hhhdx4

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

had 10 in RZ certs so I picked it up for about 10, cant complain.
Posted Image

#20 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:33 PM

everyone is fighting in the fight night thread :lol:

#21 Plankfan

Plankfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Awesome! I'm jumpin on this!! :D

#22 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

ha hahah In the tradition of boxing, Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!

Michael Buffer
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#23 Orgymang

Orgymang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

I'm hoping for an Amazon price match as well since I missed the lightning deal on it for $20 a few months ago. Saves me tax and the 10-15 minute drive to Best Buy.

#24 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

This is one of the games I got the day it came out. Got it for $40, well worth it. I love it. best boxing game ever, must have if you're a boxing fan.

#25 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

Classic! :applause:
I'm in for one. At that price can't say no.
Posted Image

#26 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

fight, fight, fight!
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#27 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Isn't there an EA coupon that we can use?

#28 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

Is this the new MSRP or a sale?

Hmm, looks more like a sale, Amazon has it for 26.99.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#29 Terg

Terg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

I'm waiting til Amazon price matches and I'll probably get it then. I'm not sure if I'll get it for sure though. I'm sort of disappointed at FN4's slow pace.

#30 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

Fight Night 4 is a great game. I'm really shocked that it's already under 20 bones. One of the best sports games to date.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg