Fight Night Round 4 (360/PS3) $19.99 @ BestBuy

UFc still cost $49.99 :roll: .........

It's a shame what Ea did with FNR4 one of the most disappointing games for me this gen, sales and price drops shows that the public agrees.

[quote name='tears2040']UFc still cost $49.99 :roll: .........

It's a shame what Ea did with FNR4 one of the most disappointing games for me this gen, sales and price drops shows that the public agrees.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the controls because I thought they released some DLC that allowed you to push buttons rather than flick the stick to punch.

And this game has been out for quite a while now so it's to be expected that the price would drop (to 39.99) now it's on sale for $20 off.

I initially had mixed feelings about FNR4. It was frustrating at first compared to my previous FN experiences. I actually LOST a couple of fights ! But once I got used to the slower pacing and more technical fights I really enjoyed it. I fought at least one bout a day all through summer. IMO, its a very solid buy at $20 and deserving of its own tread outside of the BB weekly ad post. Thanks, OP.

It's a shame what Ea did with FNR4 one of the most disappointing games for me this gen, sales and price drops shows that the public agrees.[/QUOTE]

It is a sports game which has been out for 6 months....you really think it would still be $60 at this point?

It's amazing how misinformed this post was

[quote name='Malik112099']It is a sports game which has been out for 6 months.[/QUOTE] [quote name='ssjmichael']It's amazing how misinformed this post was[/QUOTE]

:roll:

The IQ from the users on this board proves how idiotic people on here are. FNR4 is NOT a traditionally sports game that is released yearly so "It's a sports" game theory is debunked as the last Fight Night game was released on 2/20/06 which is well over 2 years ago.....

Second FNR4 was released 6/24 which does not equal 6 months and UFC which was released on 5/19 STILL retails for $49.99.... Another user debunked.....

Last but not least every person can eat "Crow" now....

Thank You
:applause:

[quote name='tears2040']:roll:

The IQ from the users on this board proves how idiotic people on here are. FNR4 is NOT a traditionally sports game that is released yearly so "It's a sports" game theory is debunked as the last Fight Night game was released on 2/20/06 which is well over 2 years ago.....

Second FNR4 was released 6/24 which does not equal 6 months and UFC which was released on 5/19 STILL retails for $49.99.... Another user debunked.....

Thank You
:applause:[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

Regardless of whether it comes out yearly, sports games do tend to decrease in value quicker than non-sports games. UFC is currently $41 on Amazon btw, so no it's not STILL $49.99. Also the person never said it's a yearly sports game, so what theory are you trying to debunk? You're not implying that it's not even a sports game because it doesn't come out yearly are you?

FNR4 has an 88 on metacritic, UFC an 83. You can claim it's one of the most disappointing games of this generation, but at least have something to back it up instead of looking so clueless. Many people complained about the controls, but they put out DLC to fix that.

The fact that you're actually claiming to have "debunked" what people wrote makes you come off as incredibly lame.

yeah the price drop of sports games is usually faster than non-sports games.

i remember some nba game costing $49 then a month later dropped to $10, lol.

[quote name='tears2040']:roll:

Thank You
:applause:[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt one of the stupidest posts I've seen since the days of ff7cloud.

[quote name='JaroldL']yeah the price drop of sports games is usually faster than non-sports games.

i remember some nba game costing $49 then a month later dropped to $10, lol.[/QUOTE]

It also helps when the game isn't very good and (at release) freezes on the opening load screen

Why'd EA have to shut down EA Chicago?! They should have been the ones who made this game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']*facepalm*

Regardless of whether it comes out yearly, sports games do tend to decrease in value quicker than non-sports games. UFC is currently $41 on Amazon btw, so no it's not STILL $49.99. Also the person never said it's a yearly sports game, so what theory are you trying to debunk? You're not implying that it's not even a sports game because it doesn't come out yearly are you?

FNR4 has an 88 on metacritic, UFC an 83. You can claim it's one of the most disappointing games of this generation, but at least have something to back it up instead of looking so clueless. Many people complained about the controls, but they put out DLC to fix that.

The fact that you're actually claiming to have "debunked" what people wrote makes you come off as incredibly lame.[/QUOTE]

Your an idiot.

UFC
-----

$49.99

Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71805

$49.92

Walmart
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10714132

$49.99

Bestbuy
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10714132

$46.99
Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=ufc_undisputed-_-74-169-038-_-Product

$49.99

Buy.com
http://www.buy.com/prod/ufc-2009-undisputed/q/loc/108/208606947.html
:roll:

So it's safe to say that Ufc is well over $40+ on MANY websites, yet FNR4 which boast a "better score" sells for less........ Who would of thought.......

FNR is NOT a traditionally sports game as listed for the people who lack comprehension so it can still hold it's value just like UFC has.

Now go eat another plate of crow with some nuts on the side fruitcake

You're* an idiot
traditional* sports game

UFC was 19.99 at several stores around BF. It was also 19.99 at GF last week. Sales come and go and they aren't always relative to the quality of a game. Personally, I don't give a shit about UFC or FNR4 but you happen to be acting like a huge asshole on a deal thread so...here I am.

Can we get a mod in here?

How fast this thread degenerates into an argument. :whistle2:(

Coming from FNR2, I really enjoyed the game and all its features. Sadly, the online community had quite a few spammers and jerks who would trash talk. I got rid of it on Goozex fearing that price drops were inevitable. Once Amazon price matches BB, I will surely dip. I'm curious to see how their new DLC plays along with how they corrected spamming in the new patch.

I'm hoping for an Amazon price match as well since I missed the lightning deal on it for $20 a few months ago. Saves me tax and the 10-15 minute drive to Best Buy.

This is one of the games I got the day it came out. Got it for $40, well worth it. I love it. best boxing game ever, must have if you're a boxing fan.

[quote name='Japakneez']everyone is fighting in the fight night thread :lol:[/QUOTE]

Classic! :applause:
I'm in for one. At that price can't say no.

I'm waiting til Amazon price matches and I'll probably get it then. I'm not sure if I'll get it for sure though. I'm sort of disappointed at FN4's slow pace.

Fight Night 4 is a great game. I'm really shocked that it's already under 20 bones. One of the best sports games to date.

Theres a bunch of free DLC on Live too. Not sure if its available on PSN as well, but theres at least 3 packs I saw last night when I thought about buying this...

Great price, especially since all of the GameCrazy stores around me closed and I missed out on the $14.99 FNR4 sale on Thanksgiving.

Now I will say, this game is a bit off from FNR3, definitely not up to the EA Chicago standard. While some might say "Pfft, sports games always drop quick", remember that FNR3 was almost impossible to get for under $50 for well over a year after its release, and FNR4 is pretty easy to grab for under $30 anywhere 5 months after release. I was going to grab this day one, but they screwed the pooch when they left out the face button control scheme.

[quote name='kidu']Great price, especially since all of the GameCrazy stores around me closed and I missed out on the $14.99 FNR4 sale on Thanksgiving.

Now I will say, this game is a bit off from FNR3, definitely not up to the EA Chicago standard. While some might say "Pfft, sports games always drop quick", remember that FNR3 was almost impossible to get for under $50 for well over a year after its release, and FNR4 is pretty easy to grab for under $30 anywhere 5 months after release. I was going to grab this day one, but they screwed the pooch when they left out the face button control scheme.[/QUOTE]

Shortly after the game came out EA added face button punching, so it's all good. The game is way more realistic than FN3 and that was one of my favorite sports games ever.

[quote name='Japakneez']everyone is fighting in the fight night thread :lol:[/QUOTE]

custom_1234214353977_a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

I price matched at Target and used my 5 dollar gift card I got from preordering Uncharted 2. I can't wait to play this game.

[quote name='bleak']Why'd EA have to shut down EA Chicago?! [/QUOTE]
Because Kudo Tsunoda went on to fuck up the Def Jam series with Def Jam Icon. EA Chicago folded. Great boxing engine and gameplay was not the evolution to Def Jam Fight for New York. He's forever despised in my book.

LOL! Fight, fight, fight, fight!
*stands up and boxes the air*

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Which version are you guys buying?

PS3 or 360? And is there a difference? Someone stated that the 360 version has free DLC.[/QUOTE]I believe the PS3 version doesn't have the Sugar Ray Leonard free DLC. I'm not 100% on that though.

PS3 also can't do custom entrance themes like 360. I didn't even notice this until I saw a YouTube video. I'm more hurt that PS3's NBA 2K10 can't do it since there are so many good arena songs in basketball. :whistle2:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQskox3WZ8c&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Price dropped like a rock.[/QUOTE]

well to be honest i think its due to UFC being so dominate as a sport & video game boxing is a dying sport & when RD3 came out boxing still had some legs while UFC was still getting its footing as becoming a big time sport

[quote name='joker______']well to be honest i think its due to UFC being so dominate as a sport & video game boxing is a dying sport & when RD3 came out boxing still had some legs while UFC was still getting its footing as becoming a big time sport[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that Fight Night Round 3 was also one of the first truly great 360 titles back in early 2006. The Xbox 360 didn't have nearly the solid library it does today, so of course Fight Night Round 3 stayed at a higher cost for an extended period of time.

Yes, it's true that the user reviews of this one are far lower than Round 3's, but Madden's user reviews are also mediocre and it still sells like hotcakes.

I was hoping Amazon would price match it, but it looks like I'll have a trip down to Best Buy this week.

I'm basing this on FN4's demo/UFC Undisputed's full game.
I think one of the main reasons UFC is outselling FN4 is because it kicks FN4's ass in the fun department. The commentators don't have the same tone the entire fight and punches/kicks in UFC has a lot more "oomph" to it. It's also a lot more faster paced and most fights end in knockout or submission in the first round. In FN4, it's a slower paced game where punches feel like featherweight.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying FN4 sucks. If I did, I wouldn't be buying it o_O. It's just UFC was one of the funnest games I have played but it had SEVERE balance issues. I won't go into that because the list is pretty lengthy. FN4 is a more technical, balanced game but lacks a bit in the fun department when compared with UFC. I hope EA MMA/UFC Undisputed 2010/FN5 is a mix of both and delivers a fun and balanced gameplay.

[quote name='evergoo']PS3 also can't do custom entrance themes like 360. I didn't even notice this until I saw a YouTube video. I'm more hurt that PS3's NBA 2K10 can't do it since there are so many good arena songs in basketball. :whistle2:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQskox3WZ8c&feature=player_embedded
[/QUOTE]

Awwww man! damn that's te44444444444444555555555555rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr4f5555555555555555555555555555555555frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee54455555555555555d4reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee4eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddfrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr4deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewq

i dont understand why this game price so low i mean it sold well on the 360 plus boxing games don't come out every like the rest of ea sport games

bread's done
Back