How to start my Zelda experience?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Damn, Strell! Awesome post. Tons of good info. I myself have played a couple different Zelda games, but never managed to complete a single one. I will be picking up a Wii this year as a Christmas present for my girlfriend and I and definitely look forward to using this thread to properly introduce me to the series. Thanks!

#32 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

I play all types of video games, I am not particular. I even have a PS3, 360 (along with my Wii). I will be honest with you- Zelda is the best franchise that exists in gaming, bar none. While I LOVE Mario, Castlevania, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank. Gears of War, Halo- nothing can touch Zelda.

With that said, I loved every single Zelda title (handheld and console!). With that said.... I personally think that EVERY Zelda is worth playing. If I had to select ones to play though, I would recommend starting with all of the console Zeldas in order.

#33 marella152

marella152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for the input everyone.
I will let you know how my experiences go!

-dom
Posted Image

support your video game addiction with some extra cash!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=245715

#34 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

Get the LoZ Collector's edition on GCN. It has 4 of the games on one disk. And you can play it on the Wii.

#35 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the same situation as the OP. I don't know how, but I, too, missed opportunities to play Zelda. I owned a SNES, but was too young and didn't really care a whole lot about gaming back then (I knew what Zelda was, but didn't really know anyone else into it, so I didn't really pay much attention to it). Skipped the N64, so couldn't experience the awesomeness (according to most people) that is OoT. Got a GCN very late into its life and it was basically a complement to my PS2 so I didn't get a whole lot of games for it (and, like the OP, I hate getting into series midway through and Zelda had quite a few iterations by the time I got my GCN that I really wasn't interested in starting with Wind Waker or Twilight Princess).

Anyway, lots of useful information in this thread. I think this has motivated me to acquire a copy of LTTP and start from there.