Photo
- - - - -

FamilyVideo.com USED Deals - Wolverine (360) $9.99, Overlord II (360) $9.99 More + FS

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#121 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

Overlord is looking good for $10 O.o

#122 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

Note: Install 360 games to test the disc fully. If the install fails then the disc is fail simple as that. Doing a install is a great way to scan every piece of data on the disc so if it stops on the install, then more in likely whenever you get to that data when playing the game it will more in likely freeze.

#123 thedouche

thedouche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

Note: Install 360 games to test the disc fully. If the install fails then the disc is fail simple as that. Doing a install is a great way to scan every piece of data on the disc so if it stops on the install, then more in likely whenever you get to that data when playing the game it will more in likely freeze.

This is a great idea.

#124 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

I do this with every used game I buy, sure saves the headache of getting 90% through a game only to have it freeze up.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#125 zaw73

zaw73

Nothing to see here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

Got my Wolverine today, great shape with booklet, thanks again op!

#126 noisome07

noisome07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

Got my Wolverine today, great shape with booklet, thanks again op!

Same here! Thanks again for the heads up op! :applause:

#127 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

Brilliant, I'm gonna try this with the five used games I just got in the mail as soon as I get home. Thanks for the tip!

Posted Image

#128 shadoX

shadoX

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:22 AM

wow, with a price like that for prototype, i may just have to bite.
Posted Image

#129 cah412

cah412

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:39 AM

Ordered 3 Overlord IIs and they came in today. Great quality but only 1 booklet out of the 3. Disappointing there but the games were for me and my brothers... I guess we can figure out something.

#130 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

My Wheelman and Overlord 2 had the Family Video stickers on the disks and case. Neither came with a manual but Wheelman did come with a map.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#131 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

My Wheelman and Overlord 2 had the Family Video stickers on the disks and case. Neither came with a manual but Wheelman did come with a map.

Was it a map to the person who put stickers on the disc so you can kick their asses?

#132 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

and how's far cry 2 for $10?

Not sure if your still reading this but whatever.

Farcry 2 is a love or hate it single player campaign. Basically you have open world FPS but it is very, very glitchy. It's also rather time consuming to get all the achievements and do the side quests in the single player campaign. Also, the guard posts/enemies respawn pretty much endlessly which is extremely annoying considering you'll have to travel the entire island several times just to do certain things.

The multiplayer wasn't too bad till my friend ran into some glitches. Basically every few times he leveled up he would de-level by a in game glitch that would cause him to lose several thousand experience. Needless to say he wasn't too pleased and we ended up not playing anymore multiplayer. If it wasn't for the glitches we would probably play it here and there, but it seems like Ubisoft doesn't care about the remaining fanbase because they have no plans to patch it.

If anything the graphics are very pretty and if you end up liking the single player campaign then It's easily worth $10.

#133 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:12 AM

The graphics look great from the screenshots I've seen.

But that description of the single player kinda turned me off, traveling nonstop for certain tasks, nonstop respawns, glitchy.

I was only going to buy for single player so hmm, still debating it, that was helpful though I appreciate it :D probably gonna save my $10 for something else.

#134 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Well it looks like these deals are still live, I just grabbed Prototype for the 360($21.94 shipped) Been searching everywhere for a good price on this game and $19.99 is the best I have found. Thanks again for the heads-up on these deals OP!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

#135 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yep, they're still live!

#136 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Wish prices were the same in store oh well think I will end up biting on Wolverine.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#137 cah412

cah412

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

For those that care, all 3 of my games had the Family Video center sticker on them. I don't mind but some definitely could/would.

#138 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

Is that sticker easily removed?

87688.png

#139 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

In for Wolverine. Would have gotten Overlord as well but it was out of stock.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#140 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

Got my Overlord II, complete with manual yesterday. Very pleased. Except for the fact that my 360 red ringed. :bomb: Thanks again, OP.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#141 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

Is that sticker easily removed?

yeah.

#142 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:17 AM

In for Wolverine.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#143 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

that is a nice solid list on op

gah...soooo tempting...
:(

#144 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

Wish prices were the same in store oh well think I will end up biting on Wolverine.

if you check the thread I update every week...if your store has enough in stock for sale...the prices are the same...they are actually updated in store before they are online for those who have one close by.

#145 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

Thinking about picking up The Bigs 2, is it any good?

#146 knightbeauchamp

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

none of those prices are what I find when I click thru the link. most are 4.00 to 10.00 more than that.
In Heaven we trust. GSB

#147 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

I received Wolverine on Friday. It is a good game but sadly no manual. I guess it might be true. The disc and case were in good quality so it was not that bad.

#148 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thinking about picking up The Bigs 2, is it any good?

I picked it up at HWV for $5 and haven't stopped playing it since. I've wanted a baseball game for awhile now and this hit's the spot perfectly. I'd say it's definitely worth it.

#149 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

I received Wolverine on Friday. It is a good game but sadly no manual. I guess it might be true. The disc and case were in good quality so it was not that bad.

Mine came with a manual, so I guess it's just the luck of the draw on all games.

Posted Image

#150 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

if you check the thread I update every week...if your store has enough in stock for sale...the prices are the same...they are actually updated in store before they are online for those who have one close by.

They had like 6 in stock Wolverine that were marked for 19. So maybe they didn't change the tags? I will check tomorrow when I go to Target.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image