Photo
- - - - -

Guitar Hero Metallica + Wireless Guitar + Mic (PS3/360/Wii) $45 Shipped AC - GHS.com

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

A cheap bundle from the official Guitar Hero online store, use coupon code TENOFF to get the price down to $44.99. Includes: Guitar Hero Metallica Software, World Tour Wireless Guitar, USB Mic, and key chain. Free shipping.

:360: Guitar Hero Metallica Bundle $44.99
:ps3: Guitar Hero Metallica Bundle $44.99
:wii: Guitar Hero Metallica Bundle $44.99

Edited by CheapyD, 10 December 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#2 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

in for one. need another mic for beatles rockband to get my harmony on and i dont own gh:metallica yet. great deal. thanks cheapy!

#3 kodave

kodave

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Damn it, if I needed another guitar I'd be all over this. But I already have 2 guitars and 1 mic is plenty. No one likes playing singer anyway. Plus I'm too lazy to re-sell the stuff I don't need.

#4 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Been looking for an affordable guitar - this may very well be it! Thanks Cheapy :D

#5 PJSkiboy

PJSkiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Hell of a deal.

#6 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

GHWT guitars are notoriously flaky, but it's like they're practically giving it to you anyway. Make your buddies use that one.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#7 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

Fair warning to anyone who has not used GH store, if there is a problem with your controller you will have to pay to have it returned and fixed.

#8 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:26 AM

GHWT guitars are notoriously flaky, but it's like they're practically giving it to you anyway. Make your buddies use that one.

Yep, I gave mine away to a friend and kept my Xplorer, most reliable guitar ever. GHWT guitar sucks.

#9 Pescado Plus

Pescado Plus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

I like the GHWT guitar better than the GH5/Band Hero guitar. Sure the whammy bar broke after a couple of weeks but it was nothing a couple of rubber bands couldn't fix. Hmm, I don't have Metallica but do I need a third guitar? It is a pretty sweet deal though. My wallet is already begging for mercy so I'm going to have to take a pass on this one.

#10 burningrom2

burningrom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:13 AM

how do yall think this compares to the buy.com guitar+acdc game deal for $27? http://dealspl.us/pr...ac-dc-live-rock

#11 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

how do yall think this compares to the buy.com guitar+acdc game deal for $27? http://dealspl.us/pr...ac-dc-live-rock

Really depends on what you already have. I jumped at the Buy.com deal because I've been needing another guitar for rock band, and while I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, that track pack is one of the better rock band track packs out there - especially since you can't pick up any of the songs on the rock band store.

The guitar it came with seems solid - no star power problems, although my back button needs to be pressed fairly hard for it to register - I might have to go inside and see if I can't fix that. I just got it today, but at the moment I'm very happy with the Buy.com deal.

The GH deal seems a bit more iffy. AFAIK, you can't import the metallica songs into any of the other GH games (one of the things I LOVE about Rock Band - I just took a tally tonight, and I have over 250 songs I can play in Rock Band 2, not including Lego Rock Band, which I have yet to import/download). If what people above are saying about the GHWT guitar (not that great, etc.) then this might be worth a pass, unless you're a huge metallica fan, or need either of those instruments. I considered it for a second, as I do need a new mic for Beatles Rock Band, but I just have no use for any of the GH games at this point.

#12 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

Something to consider as well, the RB guitar will not work on GH2/GH3 (if that matters for you)

http://www.joystiq.c...ibility-Matrix/

#13 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:26 PM

Does anybody know for sure- i.e. first hand - that this guitar would work with Beatles Rock band or not on the Wii? Joystiq matrix [see above post] says it will, Wired matrix (which it referenced) says it own't.
Same goes for the mic. Thanks anybody.
http://www.wired.com...fficial-guitar/

Never mind, a couple hours later and it looks good here.

http://www.thebeatle...m/compatibility

Edited by rjejr, 10 December 2009 - 03:24 PM.
question answered

#14 burningrom2

burningrom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

thanks INCyr, I think im going with the buy.com deal, people have complaints about both guitars. I imagine AC/DC is more fun to jam out to even if its half the amount of tracks. Never liked metallica after they went after napster like a decade ago... maybe im the only one who still remembers that.

#15 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

If you like Metalica and need an extra guitar and mic this is a great deal!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Aaronium

Aaronium

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

Thanks, good looking out - ACDC RB for the big win over GH!

#17 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Crap the price has bounced up to $69.99 for the Wii version . . . I looked at this morning (Xmas present for my brother-in-law--who only has a Wii) and it was $49.99 but I didn't have time to order . . . now the price went up.

too bad :-(

#18 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

I'm hoping they will bring the Wii version back to $49.99