GameFly Daily Deals: KOFXII $15, NBA 2k9 $10, Damnation $8, Battlestation Pacific $13

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing remotely worth it here for PS3 is KOF if you want a short, somewhat decent fighting game

[quote name='Brother Daz']Any opinions on UT3?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is pretty good. But it has mouse and keyboard support as well as mods. If you have to ask you're probably better off playing other shooters, there are so many newer ones that are going to have more people playing online or a reasonable single player mode, which UT is sort of lacking by design.

I'd pass on all of these games actually since I suck at fighting games.

I just got another $5 coupon for GameFly, so I'm hoping they have another game that I want for cheap before they end these deals.

HA! I knew If I waited long enough I would find KOF XII at a decent price. I rented it from GS and decided 40 to 30 was way too much new or used, but 15 is reasonable for a decent fighter.

[quote name='hpv']The PS3 version is pretty good. But it has mouse and keyboard support as well as mods. If you have to ask you're probably better off playing other shooters, there are so many newer ones that are going to have more people playing online or a reasonable single player mode, which UT is sort of lacking by design.

I'd pass on all of these games actually since I suck at fighting games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I think I'll pass on it. Though I may get Damnation just for the fact that it has couch co-op. Dont see to many games with this feature anymore. And if I hate it $8 is no biggy, I'm sure I could get some chump to pay $15 for it on ebay.

In for Damnation. I've heard terrible things, but I still want to try it. Godfather II is still on-sale as well, so I finally picked that up too.

I thought it was solid, definately worth $7.99. The single player does a good job of preparing you for the online, which is fun. Not sure how big the community is now, but there were a lot of people playing when I had it. I recommend it at this price.

Maybe it's just me, but Damnation is horrendous. I couldn't play that at all, and I have played through some bad games!

Does anybody have an opinion on Battlestations: Pacific?

Eh, on one hand I figure I'll get KOF now and not have to worry... on the other, I just know after X-Mas they'll have it for $10...

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks, I think I'll pass on it. Though I may get Damnation just for the fact that it has couch co-op. Dont see to many games with this feature anymore. And if I hate it $8 is no biggy, I'm sure I could get some chump to pay $15 for it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is online. I literally mean this.

damn tempted by kof but, the lack of characters,a story,a boss,modes,extras and people saying it'll hit 10 soon make me hesitant :bomb:

Meh...nothing for me tonight.

The only thing I've bought during this sale is Riddick (which I STILL haven't got).
There's been some great deals, but they just happen to be on stuff I have or don't want. :(

Hmm...I sort of want to get Damnation because the theme of the game sounds awesome, even though I've heard the game is :censored:. Then again, I heard people say that about Godfather 2 and I actually enjoyed playing that Sunday for the price I paid.

And I also kind of want to get the KOF game, but I sort of think 3D fighters have ruined me for 2D after playing Street Fighter 4 yesterday...then again it could've just been that fucking boss Seth. :bomb: Is KOFXII any better than SFIV? Anyone?

[quote name='whitereflection']fuck! Tempted on KOFXII. Quick, everyone buy it so I can't![/QUOTE]

gotcha covered

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']i've heard that 2k9 is actually better than 2k10 .. is that true? Obviously outside of the updated roster.[/QUOTE]

I have nba 2k7, nba 2k8, nba 2k9, nba 2k10.

I am a big fan of the series!

Whoever told you that nba 2k9 is better than nba 2k10 is correct. It is a lot better. I actually think nba 2k8 is the best of the bunch, but I still recommend 2k10 if you can get ahold of that game.

KOF would be worth it for $9.99, but the fact that gamefly is charging more for this P.O.S. than they did street fighter 4 is crazy to me.

[quote name='backseatdog']I have nba 2k7, nba 2k8, nba 2k9, nba 2k10.

I am a big fan of the series!

Whoever told you that nba 2k9 is better than nba 2k10 is correct. It is a lot better. I actually think nba 2k8 is the best of the bunch, but I still recommend 2k10 if you can get ahold of that game.[/QUOTE]

Because of all the online problems with 2K10, has anybody actually gone back to 2K9? Obviously a sports game being a year old is usually the kiss of death, but I was curious if the 2K9 servers had seen any activity with the problems 2K10 has had.

UT3 is the ultimate twitch shooter, and if you prefer some old-school chaos/die/immediate-respawn, then I highly recommend it.

Single player is passable, and online is decent on the 360, but if you ever get a lan party together it doesn't get much better than this. Bots are very good as well, and the game still looks incredible.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmm...I sort of want to get Damnation because the theme of the game sounds awesome, even though I've heard the game is :censored:. Then again, I heard people say that about Godfather 2 and I actually enjoyed playing that Sunday for the price I paid.

And I also kind of want to get the KOF game, but I sort of think 3D fighters have ruined me for 2D after playing Street Fighter 4 yesterday...then again it could've just been that fucking boss Seth. :bomb: Is KOFXII any better than SFIV? Anyone?[/QUOTE]
KOF doesn't come close to any of the recent next-gen fighting games (Blazblue, SF, Tekken, etc).

[quote name='JaylisJayP']People will buy any garbage when it's cheap enough. Godfather 2, Damnation, lol.[/QUOTE]

Having actually played Godfather 2, I don't see how you could say that. Unless you literally only played it for a few minutes and gave up. It's an excellent and under-appreciated game. It's easily better then the first Godfather game in every single way imaginable, and the first was also pretty fun.

In for Kof for :ps3: Been wanting it but for a better price than new. Cant get much better than $16.xx

Thanks for the thread!

Here's why gamefly is awesome, look at the trade in value for battlestations. 12.50. They're selling it for 12.99

At GS, it's more like 7/34.99....****ing disgusting

I'll see what tomorrow's deals are before jumping on KOF. I'm curious as to how Gamefly's used game sales are now with these daily deals since I've been bought about four games from them since they've started.

It's one of the better shooters I've played recently actually, I like the old school feel and the fast pacing (Always liked the series though). I highly recommend it for 7.99.

bread's done
Back