Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #181: Wombat & Jabberjaw Have A Lot In Common

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Joshe

Joshe

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

Reviewing iPhone games should be based on how your poop is after you finish, like let's say your poop is hard and crusty on your ass then the game was good, and if it still warm then it was bad :)

#32 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck have fun re-installing all of their Xbox 360 games when their replacement 360's come like I did, because those are apparently DRM'd to the original console.

I'm guesing the license transfer tool doesn't fix this...

#33 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:15 AM

It's tied to the original console you installed it to. So maybe if you got the same console back you'd have better luck.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#34 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

I agree with Cheapy that we should be doing better on the Child's Play donations -- at this point, we should be halfway there. Lets go!
[cp][/cp]

#35 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

cheapy should have whipped out his iphone (that is not some euphemism) and snapped a mug shot of those kids. they probably also planted the moldy rice too! has anyone every pissed off the balcony and got complaints?

and why is it that Wombat hasn't been the douchebag of the year? he and cheapy can be such dbags, but I find Wombat more annoying at times especially when he interupts a lot during the cast with corny jokes (though at times they are funny) or something stupid and/annoying to piss cheapy and the listeners off (and isnsults ship when he's there)

#36 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

You forgot:

Cheers, Mork&Mindy and Webster.

Wombat wait until you have a second kid. No flying home for the 2nd one. IT's all old hat by then.

Alot of filler in this episode.

#37 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

I like having Shipwreck on. It's nice to hear someone who doesn't hate their life

#38 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:08 AM

Great show guys. I'm relatively new to the CAGcast, so it was nice to hear CheapyD and Wombat talk a little bit about when they first started recording the show. I agree with CheapyD in that I enjoyed watching Three's Company. I feel that Al & Peg Bundy from "Married With Children" were essentially just younger versions of Mr. and Mrs. Roper. :P

#39 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

Great show yet again.
loved the bashed off the stupidness of Microsoft. Was my favorite part by far.

Hey does anyone know how to get the Fetch The Love Knife CAG award?
Its something to do with stalking Wombat but i dont know what it is.
It seems the only two people that have the award are Whip Smart Banky and Super Programmer John,

Does anyone know?

thx a bunch
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#40 stk i wvu

stk i wvu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:22 AM

I was listening to this while studying for pharmacology... i laughed out loud and was like hell yea at the same time.

#41 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

I was listening to this while studying for pharmacology... i laughed out loud and was like hell yea at the same time.

med or pharm school?
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#42 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:34 AM

I LOVE YOUR SHOW, I AM DRUNK yeeaaaa

OK OK, you guys fighting towards the end, maaaaaaan, you guys are supposed to friends maaaan, its ruining the flow, but its ever so hilarious, LOL. keep it up, BABES
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#43 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

great show guys.
awesome pics cheapy.

#44 stk i wvu

stk i wvu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:25 AM

NT

#45 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

I'm guesing the license transfer tool doesn't fix this...

It's tied to the original console you installed it to. So maybe if you got the same console back you'd have better luck.

I think he is talking about the one time DRM transfer per year so you can do so you can play your games on a new 360 without having to be online. Here is a link to what he was referring.

It's a race between Cheapy and Bobby Kotick for Douchebag of the Year in 2009. Cheapy doesn't have much more time to cement his victory.

Bobby seemed to have it all locked up until Cheapy mentioned he had an affiliate program with the ECA. Way to cock block Bobby from Douche bag of the Year:applause:. I am also thinking that Hal Halpin is trying to make a strong run at it towards the end as well.

All kidding aside, have to give Cheapy props for admitting that tid bit. All that I was trying to convey is that Cheapy should mention how disapointed he is in the ECA to Hal and that its backfired in Cheapy and the communities faces. I agree with Cheapy that it probably will not do anything but at least Hal will officially know where CAG stands on the topic.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#46 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

Good show, you can tell shipwreck is getting more comfortable in his seat and it's improving the show overall, keep it up guys!

#47 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

I have to agree with what others have said, this was a great show! By the way, damn you, CheapyD, I got Homerun Battle 3D for my iPod Touch and now I can't stop playing. *shakes fist*

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#48 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

you should listen to this episode, and then episode 158. This episode has wombat talking about his army of two trip and how great it was and the past episode has both of them saying how biased it must be to review coverage if given a trip. It's hilarious.

#49 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

Facts of Life.

#50 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:16 AM

Well after the Iphone gaming review scores based on the length of time you spend on the can and the JabberJaw/Chan Clan bit I almost served off the icy highway I was laughing so hard!

Keep up the good work guys way to keep things interesting!

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#51 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

Good show guys. Wombat, did they talk about the single player at all or was the whole event strictly multiplayer? I loved the first game but I never actually played the online multiplayer portion of it. All I did was play co-op with my friend. The game is definitely one of my top titles of 2010. I can't wait for it.

Cheapy you're right about some of these reviews. I think a lot of these sites are either getting paid off or something. There is no way in hell Bayonetta could get a perfect score. It just doesn't seem like it's one of the greatest games ever or anything. Maybe if this was 2002 it might be worthy of the score, but not in 2009 where that style of game has been done to death.

That reminds me of some other games where I was left scratching my head at some of the reviews and comments. Like on the back of the box of Prince of Persia (the latest one) IGN said, "A sure contender for game of the year." That game sucked huge balls and it was one of the most boring games I've ever played, yet IGN gave it a 9.3. If you take off about 6 points the score seems right but a 9.3? That means the game is near perfect. If you read the review it sounds like the guy is blowing somebody from Ubisoft as he's typing it up. He even said in the closing comments:

Gameplay
A few minor issues, but the experience itself is one that every gamer should experience.

That's the biggest crock of shit I've read in a long time. A "few minor issues"? I really don't trust any of these major game sites anymore because they all seem to be bullshitters and not actually realistically scoring these games, but basing it off how much money, free shit, and trips around the world they can get. Just my two cents.