Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition (PS3/Xbox360) $60 at Amazon

awesome, but still to expensive if you ask me:) , you'd think they'd lower the price on the regular but w/e I've got mine already. thank for the info though OP

[quote name='NegativeZero']awesome, but still to expensive if you ask me:) , you'd think they'd lower the price on the regular but w/e I've got mine already. thank for the info though OP[/QUOTE]

I call BS on this. It comes with COD Classic which is $15 on XBLA/PSN. This is a fantastic deal.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You call bs on an opinion?

^5[/QUOTE]

^exactly.

but either way in response to techhole. I could care less about COD classic, im buying MW2 to play MW2, not to play COD C. its a nice bonus but nothing for me to spend the extra money on.

[quote name='Serpentor']Isn't pretty much the same if you had it pre-ordered at $80 with $20 credit back?[/QUOTE]

Are you really asking this?

[quote name='Serpentor']Isn't pretty much the same if you had it pre-ordered at $80 with $20 credit back?[/QUOTE]

or slightly worse if you got the original for $60 with $20 credit, and bought your points at a discount ($15 msrp, so maybe 10-13 in real money).

This is assuming you want it for the games, and not the metal packaging (which, while cool, doesn't seem to be worth the extra asking price).

Still a good deal though if you missed out initially and want the XBLA title, or really like steelbook cases.

[quote name='technole']I call BS on this. It comes with COD Classic which is $15 on XBLA/PSN. This is a fantastic deal.[/QUOTE]

Because COD classic is overpriced that makes this a "fantastic" deal? Besides, most of us here don't pay full price for points, at least on XBL.

Special editions usually drop like a rock at some point on Amazon. It will probably get lower.

Thanks OP, had $40 amazon credit lying around, and added the sega genesis collection at half off for total of $29

No, it isn't the same. For the pre-order, you spent $80 and got $100 worth of merchandise ($80 game + $20 credit). In this situation, you spend $60 and get $80 worth of merchandise.

You'd be surprised how many people think it's the same thing, and that is exactly what Amazon wants you to think. Clearly, this current deal is better than the preorder deal

[quote name='fireburnerr']Grrrrrrrrrr... i bought it too ... this cute girl I know plays it... hahaha....[/QUOTE]

I buy one too if you tell me what's her gamertag. :lol:

I got it. I was going to get it anyway, and I don't see it significantly dropping in price any time soon. Plus, Call of Duty Classic only seals the deal. Now I just have to get my hands on LBP: GOTY...

[quote name='clarke32']No, it isn't the same. For the pre-order, you spent $80 and got $100 worth of merchandise ($80 game + $20 credit). In this situation, you spend $60 and get $80 worth of merchandise.

You'd be surprised how many people think it's the same thing, and that is exactly what Amazon wants you to think. Clearly, this current deal is better than the preorder deal[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree... This deal is actually worse than the preorder deal. Well, the obvious reason being you get to play the game one month ahead of time. The real price of the HE is same in both cases.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']This is a good deal. I feel sorry for morons who bought the $150 bundle with a plastic toy.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad the store, where I preordered the Prestige bundle, closed down (gamecrazy/hollywood). The prestige bundle is basically this just the the night vision goggles. Game content wise, you aren't getting more and are basically just buying the goggles.

[quote name='Serpentor']I have to disagree... This deal is actually worse than the preorder deal. Well, the obvious reason being you get to play the game one month ahead of time. The real price of the HE is same in both cases.[/QUOTE]

I have to ask. Are you suggesting that spending $80, then getting a $20 future credit is the same as spending $60 now? Curious.

I might get in on this deal tho, as I have some spare coinage that needs to be converted to an amazon e-certificate! Time to raid the sofa and under the car floor mats...

hm... bought this for $50 at release... played for about 30 minutes and never went back to it, but i intend to eventually...

notsureifregret.jpg

[quote name='oasisboy']Suckers... Let me know when the Game of the Year edition comes out with new maps, then I am buying MW2.[/QUOTE]

MW 1 GOTY never had all DLC so dont expect this one either

[quote name='jacknicklson']You call bs on an opinion?

^5[/QUOTE]

actually, just because an opinion is an individual's belief, that doesn't mean it should be respected. some opinions are just totally ludicrious and skewed. for example, it may be someone's opinion that black people are scum of the earth just because they're black.

of course technole has no idea what he's talking about, though. many people, such as myself, don't view cod classic as a $15 value.

[quote name='hyunkim']actually, just because an opinion is an individual's belief, that doesn't mean it should be respected. Some opinions are just totally ludicrious and skewed. For example, it may be someone's opinion that black people are scum of the earth just because they're black.

Of course technole has no idea what he's talking about, though. Many people, such as myself, don't view cod classic as a $15 value.[/quote]

preach!

[quote name='maxim2boobles']This is a good deal. I feel sorry for morons who bought the $150 bundle with a plastic toy.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad for those who were able to get it 50% off with the additional EC discount. I bought it for $60 and sold it on Ebay for $200. :cool:

[quote name='sharpeone']Don't feel bad for those who were able to get it 50% off with the additional EC discount. I bought it for $60 and sold it on Ebay for $200. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ok , one moron was smart

Honestly, to those looking for CoD 1, don't think about it. That game's pure hell, and as broken as Tiger Wood's marriage.

Just go grab the normal MW2, skip the outdated POS original, and the 20 second-glance art-book.

[quote name='thehoweller']
Just go grab the normal MW2, skip the outdated POS original, and the 20 second-glance art-book.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think at this point it's either: Get the hardened edition for the regular edition price, or wait til the regular edition gets cheaper.

Well the regular edition you get a $10 future credit. So really at this moment it would be, $10 credit OR the bonuses you get in the Hardened Edition.

I was about to bite on this but then thought, I've waited this long...

You could sell or ebay the game code for ~$13, but that requires effort.

I enjoy COD1 (just played it a few months ago), but there's no reason to have it on XBLA when it is inferior to the PC version. The audio was one of the best parts in that game and apparently it's worse in the port. Also, the controls and gameplay were designed for PC.

If you're interested in multiplayer, pick up BF 1943 for $15 instead.

[quote name='gunstar808']I have to ask. Are you suggesting that spending $80, then getting a $20 future credit is the same as spending $60 now? Curious.

I might get in on this deal tho, as I have some spare coinage that needs to be converted to an amazon e-certificate! Time to raid the sofa and under the car floor mats...[/QUOTE]

I never said $80 + $20 credit = $60 now with no credits back, i said more or less the two deals are the same thing. If you didn't get the game with the $20 credit, then yeah, this deal sort of make up for it. But for those of us preordered and used the $20 credit already, this deal is virtually the same (value of $20 cash is pretty much the same one month ago).

The difference between the deals is that with the preorder, you get to play the game a month ahead of time. To me, that has an upper edge, considering you can eBay the extras and trade-in a lot earlier...

But if i have to choose $80 + $20 credit deal OR $60 + no credit for an $80 game, i will go with the $60 option, duh.

[quote name='estat']You could sell or ebay the game code for ~$13, but that requires effort.

I enjoy COD1 (just played it a few months ago), but there's no reason to have it on XBLA when it is inferior to the PC version. The audio was one of the best parts in that game and apparently it's worse in the port. Also, the controls and gameplay were designed for PC.

If you're interested in multiplayer, pick up BF 1943 for $15 instead.[/QUOTE]

Well, the CoD classic game came with the HE or Prestige has platinum trophy and the BF:1943 game doesn't... If you're a trophy person, CoD Classic is a better choice for $15.

I probably in the minority, but i tend to buy games with more trophies. Hell, with the backlog of games, i tend to play the ones with trophies only. Oh wait, make that those games with easy trophies only :lol:

Anyway, MW2 is a very good game, $60 for HE is a good price.

I'm having some trouble telling from EBay pics... is the 360 Hardened Edition hugely thicker than a regular steelbook/360 case?

I see the slipcover, which is a win, but I can't tell about the case. Huge tins do nothing for me. Thanks!

^ I have the PS3 HE so i'm not sure... but the tin is not fat, the slip cover is fat because it needs to cover the artbook as well. The tin is the same size as the regular cases. For the PS3, it's the size of the other BD cases. For the Xbox i would assume it's the same size as the dvd cases.

bread's done
Back