Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition (PS3/Xbox360) $60 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:55 AM

hm... bought this for $50 at release... played for about 30 minutes and never went back to it, but i intend to eventually...

notsureifregret.jpg

#32 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

And I just bought reg cod:mw2 yesterday. great....

#33 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

Great, I just opened my regular edition that I got from tru.

#34 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:26 AM

Suckers... Let me know when the Game of the Year edition comes out with new maps, then I am buying MW2.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#35 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:30 AM

Suckers... Let me know when the Game of the Year edition comes out with new maps, then I am buying MW2.

MW 1 GOTY never had all DLC so dont expect this one either
Posted Image

#36 hyunkim

hyunkim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

You call bs on an opinion?

^5

actually, just because an opinion is an individual's belief, that doesn't mean it should be respected. some opinions are just totally ludicrious and skewed. for example, it may be someone's opinion that black people are scum of the earth just because they're black.

of course technole has no idea what he's talking about, though. many people, such as myself, don't view cod classic as a $15 value.

#37 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

actually, just because an opinion is an individual's belief, that doesn't mean it should be respected. Some opinions are just totally ludicrious and skewed. For example, it may be someone's opinion that black people are scum of the earth just because they're black.

Of course technole has no idea what he's talking about, though. Many people, such as myself, don't view cod classic as a $15 value.

preach!

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#38 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

cod classic is worth $5 in my book. Steelbook over standard case worth another $5...hmm, whether to get this or not.

#39 aj slick

aj slick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

I got a better deal. Game disc only on ebay for $20.

#40 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:41 AM

This is a good deal. I feel sorry for morons who bought the $150 bundle with a plastic toy.

Don't feel bad for those who were able to get it 50% off with the additional EC discount. I bought it for $60 and sold it on Ebay for $200. 8-)

#41 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:16 AM

Don't feel bad for those who were able to get it 50% off with the additional EC discount. I bought it for $60 and sold it on Ebay for $200. 8-)

Ok , one moron was smart
Posted Image

#42 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

Honestly, to those looking for CoD 1, don't think about it. That game's pure hell, and as broken as Tiger Wood's marriage.

Just go grab the normal MW2, skip the outdated POS original, and the 20 second-glance art-book.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#43 RolePlayer

RolePlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

Just go grab the normal MW2, skip the outdated POS original, and the 20 second-glance art-book.

Well, I think at this point it's either: Get the hardened edition for the regular edition price, or wait til the regular edition gets cheaper.

Collection: Library of Role

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

Well the regular edition you get a $10 future credit. So really at this moment it would be, $10 credit OR the bonuses you get in the Hardened Edition.

I was about to bite on this but then thought, I've waited this long...

#45 estat

estat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

You could sell or ebay the game code for ~$13, but that requires effort.

I enjoy COD1 (just played it a few months ago), but there's no reason to have it on XBLA when it is inferior to the PC version. The audio was one of the best parts in that game and apparently it's worse in the port. Also, the controls and gameplay were designed for PC.

If you're interested in multiplayer, pick up BF 1943 for $15 instead.

#46 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

I have to ask. Are you suggesting that spending $80, then getting a $20 future credit is the same as spending $60 now? Curious.

I might get in on this deal tho, as I have some spare coinage that needs to be converted to an amazon e-certificate! Time to raid the sofa and under the car floor mats...

I never said $80 + $20 credit = $60 now with no credits back, i said more or less the two deals are the same thing. If you didn't get the game with the $20 credit, then yeah, this deal sort of make up for it. But for those of us preordered and used the $20 credit already, this deal is virtually the same (value of $20 cash is pretty much the same one month ago).

The difference between the deals is that with the preorder, you get to play the game a month ahead of time. To me, that has an upper edge, considering you can eBay the extras and trade-in a lot earlier...

But if i have to choose $80 + $20 credit deal OR $60 + no credit for an $80 game, i will go with the $60 option, duh.

#47 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

You could sell or ebay the game code for ~$13, but that requires effort.

I enjoy COD1 (just played it a few months ago), but there's no reason to have it on XBLA when it is inferior to the PC version. The audio was one of the best parts in that game and apparently it's worse in the port. Also, the controls and gameplay were designed for PC.

If you're interested in multiplayer, pick up BF 1943 for $15 instead.

Well, the CoD classic game came with the HE or Prestige has platinum trophy and the BF:1943 game doesn't... If you're a trophy person, CoD Classic is a better choice for $15.

I probably in the minority, but i tend to buy games with more trophies. Hell, with the backlog of games, i tend to play the ones with trophies only. Oh wait, make that those games with easy trophies only :lol:

Anyway, MW2 is a very good game, $60 for HE is a good price.

#48 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

I'm having some trouble telling from EBay pics... is the 360 Hardened Edition hugely thicker than a regular steelbook/360 case?

I see the slipcover, which is a win, but I can't tell about the case. Huge tins do nothing for me. Thanks!

#49 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

^ I have the PS3 HE so i'm not sure... but the tin is not fat, the slip cover is fat because it needs to cover the artbook as well. The tin is the same size as the regular cases. For the PS3, it's the size of the other BD cases. For the Xbox i would assume it's the same size as the dvd cases.

#50 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Ah... but if the slipcover is larger to accomodate the artbook, that's a dealbreaker for me. Oh well.

Thanks for the reply!

#51 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

so now it's a choice between $60 hardened or $45 standard...hm...

#52 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:10 PM

This is a good deal. I feel sorry for morons who bought the $150 bundle with a plastic toy.

My local GS have 2 of the 360 version still sitting on the counter and no one seems to want them.

Somehow the PS3 version is rarer, either it had a small run or it sold more copies.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#53 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:14 AM

same here, my local gs has 2 copies of the prestige edition laying around. and 1 copy of the hardened edition for each system. They are now just sitting on the shelves waiting to be picked up. Why give gamestop 80 plus tax when you can now go to amazon and get it for 59 with Free shipping!! :D
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#54 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:19 AM

I actually like HE and thought the steelbook and COD1 were worth it. COD1 is certainly obsolete but it is fun for a history lesson in the series and is a short fun XBLA game for 10 extra bucks.

The steelbook itself is fine as well as the slip cover but the artbook does indeed suck.