Laser Engraving

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but this Christmas, it's going to happen. I'm going to engrave my 13" Macbook Pro with some uber cool design on the cover. One problem: I can't find a design. So if anybody knows an cool designs they want to share, please let me know.

Also, discuss anything else you want to about laser engraving. I'm using the site below, but I'm sure there are others. $50 to etch my Macbook doesn't seem like a bad deal. I would do my iPod Touch, but it's always in the case, so it would never be seen.

http://www.etchamac.com/

EDIT: I was thinking this image might be cool, only have the apple in the middle instead of the circle. Any thoughts?

Atomic-atomic--atoms---4425.jpg

Cool idea, I don't think I'd want to ship my laptop out to do something like that though, so I'd only do it if the top was replaceable.

[quote name='Malik112099']$50 for someone to do controlled damage to your overpriced mac? Pass.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure which made me laugh harder. Win.

Just get a gelaskin, removable, cheaper and in 4years when u dont want the notebook anymore u can always sell it or give it to a sibling w/o some dumb graphic on it that they hate.

[quote name='Malik112099']$50 for someone to do controlled damage to your overpriced mac? Pass.[/QUOTE]

Overpriced? Yeah, probably. :roll: However, I love my Mac and would make the purchase again 10 times over. And if the controlled damage makes it look cooler, why not? Most other laptops have interesting designs on them, why not my Mac? (This adds to the price even more, but as I said, I don't mind. I still love it. :D )

Also, I plan on keeping this Mac quite a while, so I don't really care if it's a design nobody else likes. I use my computers until there's nothing left of them. I've never sold one of my PCs.

And I won't ship the whole thing, I'll just ship the lid there. Or I might try finding someone who will do it locally. It all depends on the price.

It's funny because the people in this thread with the holier-than-thou attitude isn't the OP. *cough*

Go to your local college with a tech department and have an undergrad do it for 5 dollars. We have a laser etcher and I make custom glassware and etch metal all the time. It's just about idiot proof.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Go to your local college with a tech department and have an undergrad do it for 5 dollars. We have a laser etcher and I make custom glassware and etch metal all the time. It's just about idiot proof.[/QUOTE]

:shock: I'm not sure if U of I has a place that will do that, but I will definitely look now. If they do, I'm about to laser engrave everything, just for shits and giggles.

bread's done
Back