• Please log in to reply
1342 replies to this topic

#1321 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Huh. Funny.
I can log into their forums now. Supposedly I was perma IP banned for life for having this as my signature.

Same here, but I was banned for simply being a dissenter of their bullshit business practices.

I wonder what the membership fallout was after the mass cancellations. Anyone know if there is any way to know based on government filings or anything?

#1322 dallow

dallow

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

The discounts from ECA were nice though.

They still are. :)

<3 my lifetime 30% discount

Spoiler

#1323 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

They still are. :)

<3 my lifetime 30% discount

Spoiler

Whats your game? Keep adding pre-orders to your order through Amazon CS with the stacked 30% discount so the order never closes, then if you want something else immediately, just have Amazon CS add it to the open order?

There are a few of you out there still doing that. Kudos, I guess, but I'm shocked Amazon hasn't figured it out yet.

#1324 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Shh... keep quiet about that.

#1325 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Redacted.

Nothing to see here! :-&#092;"

#1326 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

So this is the SECOND time I have gotten a large fraudulent charge on my Credit Card AFTER contact with the ECA. It isn't for the ECA, but I believe it is related.

1) I only used my card at 3 places ever. Meijer (because it is a Meijer card), Sam's club for a chocolate shake (white trash I know), and for the ECA in 2009.

The first time it happened was after I cancelled my ECA account. I got hit with a large charge from England. I then disputed it and changed my card number.

Recently, I started getting emails again from the ECA. I unsubscribed and 3 days later BAM! another fraudulent charge form England.

Now I will have to dispute and change my card number again.

I haven't checked to see if it is the same place in England as I have to look through my old statements.

#1327 J7.

J7.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I've started getting emails again from the ECA. I stopped their emails years ago...

#1328 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've started getting emails again from the ECA. I stopped their emails years ago...

Same. I actually just noticed one in my spam folder last night.

#1329 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Son of a bitch. I have ECA emails in my spam as well.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1330 J7.

J7.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Is there any point in even trying to contact them to stop the emails and unsubscribe again?

#1331 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Is there any point in even trying to contact them to stop the emails and unsubscribe again?

They'll just tell you that they have no current way to unsubscribe you without a written letter because the button on their site doesn't actually work.

#1332 io

io

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

I've been getting their (what, daily?) emails for about 2 months now. I never got them before, even when I was an actual member. Very strange stuff going on over there...

As far as I know, I have never been charged again after my initial purchase - but I should waltch more carefully. Unlike slowdive there, I use my card probably 30-40 times per month ;).

#1333 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

So I haven't gotten anything this year, but apparently I've received their emails from about a year ago.
Posted Image

#1334 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

I've been getting their emails for the past couple of months as well. It goes straight to my spam folder, to the deleted pile.

#1335 J7.

J7.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

They'll just tell you that they have no current way to unsubscribe you without a written letter because the button on their site doesn't actually work.

God damnit. That's what they said years ago if I recall. What I'm afraid is they're going to try and claim we owe them money for years of unpaid dues years from now.

#1336 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

I've been getting their (what, daily?) emails for about 2 months now. I never got them before, even when I was an actual member. Very strange stuff going on over there...

As far as I know, I have never been charged again after my initial purchase - but I should waltch more carefully. Unlike slowdive there, I use my card probably 30-40 times per month ;).

The card I used their has long changed a few times over now.

#1337 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

I've had their emails since I originally signed up. One a day with a few stories from around the web. I actually look forward to it now.

I've not been charged, nor have I ever paid for a membership.

#1338 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

God damnit. That's what they said years ago if I recall. What I'm afraid is they're going to try and claim we owe them money for years of unpaid dues years from now.

LMAO, I was just trolling. I have no idea what they'd say, but that's what happened when people tried to cancel subs in the first place. I guess the sarcasm wasn't thick enough.

#1339 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Ah my favorite thread on CAG rears its head. Can't believe these jokers are still in business somehow.

#1340 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

These fuckin' guys...

I spent so much time on the original thread detailing the drama of the giant mailed-in unsubscribe box that I had to pull at least one all-nighter to graduate from college.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1341 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

This is what I get when trying to sign in: The username **** has not been activated or is blocked.

Does this mean Im safe and wont be auto-renewed?

I cancelled back when they said you could via online so I get that message... But I'm not sure if I remember unchecking "auto-renew". ughhhhhh

Edited by Necrozilla, 29 March 2013 - 10:35 AM.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ Have: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#1342 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

I believe I had cancelled mine back before I was due for my first "payment". I've been keeping an eye on my credit card and haven't received any erroneous charges from them, however, still do get emails from them (even though I cancelled). Is this normal, to still be getting emails from them?

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#1343 betobuster

betobuster

Purple Ewok Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

I believe I had cancelled mine back before I was due for my first "payment". I've been keeping an eye on my credit card and haven't received any erroneous charges from them, however, still do get emails from them (even though I cancelled). Is this normal, to still be getting emails from them?

I don't know, but I'm in the same boat. I cancelled over a year ago.