Modern Warfare 2 $45, Hardened Edition $59 (360/PS3) at Amazon

gwill

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9777[/IMG-R]Amazon has price matched its competitors and has discounted both the regular and Hardened editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

iconamazon.gif
Modern Warfare 2 $44.96
iconamazon.gif
Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition $59

You can also get 5% cashback if you use checkout with Amazon PayPhrase

Last edited by a moderator:
Jumped on this as well -- though I could not figure out how/where to toss in an Amazon PayPhrase. I'm actually wondering if they disabled that for this pricematch deal; they also dropped off the $10 video game credit, so to my mind it's plausible.

I'll either return the copy I ordered from Best Buy, or offer to a friend at cost.

Great deal!

DAMMIT!!! Just when I figure I'm done w/ video game purchases for the year...

Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: Broke down and got it after my buddy bought in. DAMMIT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna wait for lower prices. Just can't see myself spending more than $30 on shooters anymore even though it's AAA. There are just way too many shooters on the market.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Gonna wait for lower prices. Just can't see myself spending more than $30 on shooters anymore even though it's AAA. There are just way too many shooters on the market.[/QUOTE]

This isn't just any shooter. I'm guessing you don't play online...

I don't see it going any lower than this for awhile seeing as how COD4 is still sitting at $30.

If you bought this at newegg in last few days, call or chat on newegg.com with their representatives, they will refund you the difference.

Is this game (never played a COD since 2) worth it if I'm *NOT* going to be playing online? I play a game for a couple weeks max. I don't think the online is going to suck me in.

I need to use my $40 credit by the end of the year, and I can't find any other game worth getting that I don't already have. And it can't be used for preorders, else I would've went that route.

[quote name='Rig']Is this game (never played a COD since 2) worth it if I'm *NOT* going to be playing online? I play a game for a couple weeks max. I don't think the online is going to suck me in.

I need to use my $40 credit by the end of the year, and I can't find any other game worth getting that I don't already have. And it can't be used for preorders, else I would've went that route.[/QUOTE]

Probably not...If you're going to do that might as well rent the thing. Its not very long anyway.

Online...Or should I say LIVE is a big part of the allure after finishing this campaign off.

[quote name='Rig']Is this game (never played a COD since 2) worth it if I'm *NOT* going to be playing online? I play a game for a couple weeks max. I don't think the online is going to suck me in.

I need to use my $40 credit by the end of the year, and I can't find any other game worth getting that I don't already have. And it can't be used for preorders, else I would've went that route.[/QUOTE]

Well, get some Live points or PSN network cards with that expiring $40 credit. You always need those points from time to time.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Well, get some Live points or PSN network cards with that expiring $40 credit. You always need those points from time to time.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those don't qualify either. Pretty sure the credit is "game only".

I'm sure I can find something. I just wish it would work on preorders.

Thanks...I have to pay tax but I have amazon prime so I'll have it on Tuesday

(Costs a little more but at least it will be unlike my buynextgen order from Nov 15 that ended with me filing a claim with paypal and a refund that arrived shortly. Boo to buynextgen)

[quote name='bvaldez']DAMMIT!!! Just when I figure I'm done w/ video game purchases for the year...

Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: Broke down and got it after my buddy bought in. DAMMIT!![/QUOTE]

Same here. I was doing so well, too. :(

[quote name='andrewl923']Got this with my $5 coupon. Finally a deal on MW2 for the PS3[/QUOTE]

On the 27th, it will be $37.99 at Target.

[quote name='justboy']On the 27th, it will be $37.99 at Target.[/QUOTE]
how do you know? if its a reliable source i guess i can wait til christmas.

Let me know when its $30... which will be soon next year once the Game of the Year edition comes out...

I just thought how this game has sold millions of copies, which means at some point there will be a massive sale of used copies on ebay, half.com and so on...

[quote name='oasisboy']Let me know when its $30... which will be soon next year once the Game of the Year edition comes out...
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on that. It took at least a year for the original to drop to $40, nevermind $30. You're better off grabbing a deal like this when they come around.

[quote name='ProggleRock']I wouldn't count on that. It took at least a year for the original to drop to $40, nevermind $30. You're better off grabbing a deal like this when they come around.[/QUOTE]

Well, Best Buy had the original Modern Warfare on sale for $39.99, a few weeks after Christmas 07'. There's a chance that it might happen again... but seriously, I can't wait any longer for this game.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']I'm glad I held out on getting MW2. $44 is an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

held out? You actually got a worse deal for holding out.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Well, Best Buy had the original Modern Warfare on sale for $39.99, a few weeks after Christmas 07'. There's a chance that it might happen again... but seriously, I can't wait any longer for this game.[/QUOTE]

Right, there are always deals/sales, but the price won't permanently drop for a long, long time. I bought a 360 last Christmas and had to wait until early summer for CoD4 to drop to $40. If he's waiting for MW2 to drop to $30, it won't be until MW3 is released.

[quote name='eduong79']how do you know? if its a reliable source i guess i can wait til christmas.[/QUOTE]

I know somebody who works inventory at Target HQ in Minneapolis.

[quote name='anathema728']held out? You actually got a worse deal for holding out.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're referring to the initial Amazon deal, with $20 store credit - I wasn't interested in that. I rather have deals applied to something that I'm purchasing at the moment, and not have it applied to a "future" purchase (that I may never make use of).

[quote name='justboy']I know somebody who works inventory at Target HQ in Minneapolis.[/QUOTE]

If this does happen, would it be for both 360 and PS3?

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Well, if you're referring to the initial Amazon deal, with $20 store credit - I wasn't interested in that. I rather have deals applied to something that I'm purchasing at the moment, and not have it applied to a "future" purchase (that I may never make use of).[/QUOTE]

To think that you will not spend money on games at Amazon on black friday is just silly.

[quote name='anathema728']I dont know why nobody jumped on this when it was 60 +20gc preorder

Now it's only 45 - 2.50 payphrase cashback[/QUOTE]

Because $45 ($42.50 if the cashback can be withdrawn right away, I'm not sure how it works) is cheaper than $60?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because $45 ($42.50 if the cashback can be withdrawn right away, I'm not sure how it works) is cheaper than $60?[/QUOTE]

Do you not know about amazon flips? Or are you working from paycheck to paycheck? I just don't get why $42.75 is a better deal than $60+20credit.

Spending money at Amazon is inevitable.

Batman AA for 360 was $30 lightning deal, 20 after discover promo, 29 TIV
Forza 3 was 1:1 i think.
Rhythmn heaven was also a flip that made like $2/copy.
Tekken 6 was $40, 30 after discover promo, $32 TIV.

[quote name='anathema728']Do you not know about amazon flips? Or are you working from paycheck to paycheck? I just don't get why $42.75 is a better deal than $60+20credit.

Spending money at Amazon is inevitable.

Batman AA for 360 was $30 lightning deal, 20 after discover promo, 29 TIV
Forza 3 was 1:1 i think.
Rhythmn heaven was also a flip that made like $2/copy.
Tekken 6 was $40, 30 after discover promo, $32 TIV.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 60 - 20 gc is a better 'deal' if you are definitely going to buy another game. Nice point....I guess. However, it does of course lock you into buying another game in a time frame that is set by amazon. I prefer not feeling like I HAVE to buy a game from them before the $20 credit runs out. I see real money (the $15 dollars I still have in my pocket) as better than the possible $20 dollars amazon would be holding ransom from me until I decided to plop down another $40 for that next $60 game that I kinda really don't want, but will lose $20 if I don't buy it. I'd rather save $15 instantly on a game I will play than get some other game I won't play because I have credit to burn.

And your quip about paycheck to paycheck is kind of assish. Then to follow it up with some talk about flipping games is kind of contradictory to whatever you may have been implying.
Personally, I don't like dealing with credit this or credit that, flip this or flip that. All of that takes my time, which is more valuable to me than a couple $2 dollar credits d/t flipping.

Finally, I don't exactly get what you're trying to accomplish by pointing out that someone should have done a deal that is no longer available. That deal is no longer available, people did not take advantage of it for a variety of reasons, and now they are taking advantage of this deal. Why exactly do you care? Personally, if I were you, I would be glad I got the 60 - 20 deal, and pat yourself on the back, and then flip a few more games, or play the ones you've got.

[quote name='gwill']
And your quip about paycheck to paycheck is kind of assish. Then to follow it up with some talk about flipping games is kind of contradictory to whatever you may have been implying.
Personally, I don't like dealing with credit this or credit that, flip this or flip that. All of that takes my time, which is more valuable to me than a couple $2 dollar credits d/t flipping.

Finally, I don't exactly get what you're trying to accomplish by pointing out that someone should have done a deal that is no longer available. That deal is no longer available, people did not take advantage of it for a variety of reasons, and now they are taking advantage of this deal.[/QUOTE]

I meant to use "paycheck to paycheck" for "no disposable income" I myself, am living paycheck to paycheck with probably $80 disposable income/month with no debt as there are times when I miss deals only because I don't have the money and don't want to go into debt as I never have.

The flips are to get rid of your video game credit that will expire, and turn it into an amazon gift card credit. And I am jealous that flipping games isn't worth your time.

[quote name='anathema728']To think that you will not spend money on games at Amazon on black friday is just silly.[/QUOTE]

Amazon did not have a lot of deals that interested me on Black Friday. And the way that I spend my money is none of your business.

Wow.. the trolls on this forum. :roll:

[quote name='gwill']Yes, 60 - 20 gc is a better 'deal' if you are definitely going to buy another game. Nice point....I guess. However, it does of course lock you into buying another game in a time frame that is set by amazon. I prefer not feeling like I HAVE to buy a game from them before the $20 credit runs out. I see real money (the $15 dollars I still have in my pocket) as better than the possible $20 dollars amazon would be holding ransom from me until I decided to plop down another $40 for that next $60 game that I kinda really don't want, but will lose $20 if I don't buy it. I'd rather save $15 instantly on a game I will play than get some other game I won't play because I have credit to burn.

Finally, I don't exactly get what you're trying to accomplish by pointing out that someone should have done a deal that is no longer available. That deal is no longer available, people did not take advantage of it for a variety of reasons, and now they are taking advantage of this deal. Why exactly do you care? Personally, if I were you, I would be glad I got the 60 - 20 deal, and pat yourself on the back, and then flip a few more games, or play the ones you've got.[/QUOTE]

Very well said, my thoughts exactly! :applause:

[quote name='gwill']Yes, 60 - 20 gc is a better 'deal' if you are definitely going to buy another game. Nice point....I guess. However, it does of course lock you into buying another game in a time frame that is set by amazon. I prefer not feeling like I HAVE to buy a game from them before the $20 credit runs out. I see real money (the $15 dollars I still have in my pocket) as better than the possible $20 dollars amazon would be holding ransom from me until I decided to plop down another $40 for that next $60 game that I kinda really don't want, but will lose $20 if I don't buy it. I'd rather save $15 instantly on a game I will play than get some other game I won't play because I have credit to burn.

Finally, I don't exactly get what you're trying to accomplish by pointing out that someone should have done a deal that is no longer available. That deal is no longer available, people did not take advantage of it for a variety of reasons, and now they are taking advantage of this deal. Why exactly do you care? Personally, if I were you, I would be glad I got the 60 - 20 deal, and pat yourself on the back, and then flip a few more games, or play the ones you've got.[/QUOTE]

Same reason I didn't get in on it. I'm still waiting for $40 total price no gift card shenanigans.

bread's done
Back