3rd Space vest (FPS tactile feedback vest) $99 FS

turls

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This has been out for a couple of years now. I didn't see anything posted. Seems to have pretty good game support as far as PC FPS goes.

We've extended the $99 sale price on the 3rd Space Vest throughout the holidays. Time's running out to snag the only piece of gaming gear capable of throwing you in the middle of your game's action at a ridiculously low price. Nothing else allows you to feel shots and blast with an engulfing 360 degree range - get shot in the back and feel it on your back...real-time & real accurate. Compatible with over 45 FPS PC games...at 99 bucks, this is a hot deal. Don't pass it up. Pick one up at [URL="http://www.tngames.com"]www.tngames.com[/URL]

Does anybody have one of these? I know its one of these things that if the version number on your game changes, support might break, you might run into other compatibility issues with Steam, etc.

EDIT: Free shipping isn't working for me at checkout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mxpowar']If only this was compatible with consoles, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

On their facebook page, they say they are working on it and expect it next year. I'm not that excited about a cable strung across the room with everything else wireless, myself.

Honestly, if you are into "gimicky" peripherals like this console gaming is not the place to be. You've got a ton of niche controllers/environment like amBX, multimonitors, 3D Vision and similar, head tracking, flight controllers, etc. that are either much more limited, way behind in availability, or completely unavailable on consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
No comments on that Korean Funny Band? I'm either disappointed or there's already a Funny Band thread. I'm starting to suspect that Piano Hero is in the makes. Thanks for sharing, that vest looks hysterical.

I have one of these vests. Got one as a xmas present last year. If you dont have the right version of the game installed it might or might not mess it up. They do seem to update the driver quite a bit. As for console support, they originally stated it would be ready at the end of this last summer. So im not sure I would count on their estimate...... With that being said, the vest is cool. It can actually be helpful because you know where you just got shot from... Call of duty 2 that came with mine, the sniper rifle had kick and everytime you shoot it, the top right air pocket would go off slightly.... A grenade kills you, they all go off. Last time I tried it with crisis I was disappointed because it only would go off when your shields were gone and your health was getting taken away..... It isnt enough pressure to hurt at all... its more of someone poking you with a couple fingers. If you are going to use it, it's probably worth it. I personally think it was, cause it is fun, but you might want to check out the game support before you buy it. The vest is well made and simple to hook up. The air compressor might annoy some as it turns on for more air. Nothing too loud though.... If you have any questions feel free to ask

[quote name='aspower']No comments on that Korean Funny Band? I'm either disappointed or there's already a Funny Band thread. I'm starting to suspect that Piano Hero is in the makes. Thanks for sharing, that vest looks hysterical.[/QUOTE]

Its definitely hysterical.... Mine was a gift, cause I couldnt think of anything else to ask for, so it was a why not. Its funny to see your friends jump every time they get hit

I guess this is still live. Not impressed at all with TN Games fulfillment. Overcharged me (charged for shipping) and they won't respond, and they've ignored my e-mails for a shipping estimate too. I can dispute but that's not the point. If a niche product has crappy pre-sales support, that's a definite red flag. Not counting on anything else after the current batch of games, I guess. That will keep me busy a long time.

Check out the e-mail response I finally got from these guys and my response to them (read from the bottom to the top). Funny/Sad:

Well, your web page is wrong too then, I guess you guys aren't all on the same page. Thanks for responding though:
"Free Shipping
TN Games will be offering F-R-E-E shipping on all ground orders in the continental U.S between Nov. 13 and Dec. 14. As if making Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands compatible with the 3rd Space Vest wasn't enough. Who loves you?"
Matt Turley

> -----Original Message-----
> From: TN Games [
mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:16 PM
> To: Matt Turley
> Subject: RE: TN GAMES order update #259
>
> Matt-
> I've asked that our accounting provide you with a refund for
> shipping costs. The graphic that went out last Friday was a
> mistake. That is why you were charged for shipping on your
> order. Had it been intended, it would have been deducted
> when you placed your order.
>
> The refund will most likely occur on 12/20/09, but possibly
> not until 1/5/10. This is due to our accounting cycles.
>
> We'll follow up with an email when the refund goes through.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
>
>
>
> -----Original message-----
> From: "Matt Turley" [email protected]
> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:53:17 -0800
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: TN GAMES order update #259
>