Parking Wars

Yea i used to watch it all the time. Makes me kinda feel bad for the guys writing the tickets because all of the bs that the people give them. We don't have parking problems in the small town i live in so i don't see this all the time. Then i think back to all of the parking tickets i got in college in the horrible on-campus parking situation, and remember how much i hated those guys that gave the tickets.

I had a class in a hard to get to part of campus when I was in college. The parking lot was mostly residential with plenty of faculty and not much commuter (as I was) parking. I got a ticket for parking in a faculty spot since there weren't any commuter spaces open. I didn't pay the ticket. Instead I placed the ticket on my windshield every time I parked in that lot. Worked for most of the semester tip one day I got another ticket. The time I saved was worth the 20$ worth of tickets I got. And I still hated the ticket people. I should have just repainted the curb. That would have been even better.

I watched this every time it was on when it first came out a couple years ago. It got stale after a while because due to the nature of the show every episode is the exact same.

Although they did start doing Detroit episodes (where I am from) so that got me back into it.

I watched a few of these since at the time I was a judge at ASU for students appealing tickets. Now that's funny when you see all the lame excuses they have for getting the same ticket every few weeks. They act like it was the first one as if we didn't have a record of how many times they parked in a handicap spot or some other reserved area.

The ticket on the windshield trick was tried sometimes, but we started checking, especially if it was at a parking meter. We could issue a ticket every two hours at a meter.

The best was when I was just at the front desk at the Tempe campus and some football player had his car towed. He comes in with his mom and she's going off crazy cause we towed her babies car. I just stared at him with a look like "you're a big football player and you needed to get your mommy to fight for you?" Pathetic.

bread's done
Back