Photo
- - - - -

Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition and other Ubisoft games $5 - Amazon Digital Download

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 therpson

therpson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Not the best games...but for $5 definitely worth it!! :D
Sig? Posted Image SIG?!

#32 wedge119

wedge119

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

I absolutely love this game, $5 is a steal.

Agreed.
I noticed a lot of people hated FC2, which surprised me, I thought it was great.
It did take me a few hours to get into it. But once I started getting better weapons, the game really hooked me.
A steal for $5.

#33 MannishBoy

MannishBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

I've been meaning to get to FC2 for awhile. I got it as a pack in with my GTX260.

I haven't installed it yet, though. Does FC2 still have a disc check? If it does, it might be worth the $5 just not to have to dig out the disc. This would also give me the DLC, that my version doesn't have.

I'm also looking at a new laptop with discrete Nvidia G210 that might run this, but the laptop is a thin/light with no optical drive. This could be something I play on work trips.

Edited by MannishBoy, 16 December 2009 - 05:40 PM.

#34 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

How do you play Rayman Raving Rabbids on a PC? That game was a (good) Wii tech demo.

#35 MannishBoy

MannishBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

I've been meaning to get to FC2 for awhile. I got it as a pack in with my GTX260.

I haven't installed it yet, though. Does FC2 still have a disc check? If it does, it might be worth the $5 just not to have to dig out the disc. This would also give me the DLC, that my version doesn't have.

I'm also looking at a new laptop with discrete Nvidia G210 that might run this, but the laptop is a thin/light with no optical drive. This could be something I play on work trips.

Dug out my disc, installed, upgraded to 1.03, removed the DVD. Game started just fine. Never even had to put in my CD key, which surprised me.

So if I decide I need the DLC, I'll just buy it for $5.

#36 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

fortunes was free if you had it on steam (i have it there, $15 sale almost a year ago)
d2d seems to be similar, & there's no place to actually 'buy' the dlc by itself anymore (or is there?)

so retail people didnt get the dlc in patch 1.3?

EDIT: mannishboy, have you had it installed before on the same OS? the key would be stored from securom

#37 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

Aww, darn. I bought the not-Fortunes edition of Far Cry 2 in Best Buy for $5. Now this is $5 WITH Fortunes. Aww poo.

Anyways, Far Cry 2 is really awesome, but it's a certain audience for sure. If you liked STALKER, or the part in Half-Life 2 where your driving in the highway, going from house to house to find ammo and such, then this game's awesome.

You need patience, however. You'll do a LOT of driving. A LOT.
Posted Image

#38 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

where are the system specs? i cant see it on raving rabbits
Posted Image

#39 metasparks

metasparks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

I bought this from Amazon, downloaded it with the Amazon app, no problem. Gives the full install files. Problem is Amazon only provided ONE CD key, and I have no idea if I have the fortune pack installed or not. How do I know for sure? Nothing in the install directory indicates I have the added DLC, nor do I have any mention of it under "Additional Content". When I try to get "promotional content" by entering the CD key given, all I get is a blank dialogue prompt with the okay button.

Some one ?

#40 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:23 AM

email customer support
Posted Image