Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

• Please log in to reply
1169 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

UPDATED 04/23/10

"Red Dead Redemption is the sequel to 2004's Red Dead Revolver. It features a large sandbox-style open world, in the vein of the Grand Theft Auto series. The game takes place in the American Old West in 1908, and follows John Marston, a former outlaw whom is tasked with killing or capturing his former gang members by the American government.

The world crafted for the game is the largest ever in a Rockstar game. Every building in the game has an interior which may be explored. The vast expanses of the American West also provide some interesting moments in the form of random events. Stagecoach robberies and attacks by wild animals randomly punctuate excursions between towns. Fast travel between areas is provided by stagecoach or train. Travel takes place normally by foot or on horseback. If you lose your horse, you may whistle to call it back to you. If the horse dies, you may wrangle and break a wild horse to make it your own. There is also a massive ecosystem within the game world consisting of over 40 animals, all of which the player can hunt and skin. "

MULTIPLAYER INFO - Check the video below that details free roam mode. The entire game world is the lobby for this mode. You can posse up or go it solo to engage in a bevy of activities in the open world.

Hands on previews have started to crop up and all are very positive!

Posted Image

PREORDER BONUSES
The options listed are the "Golden Guns Weapon Pack" (more "Fame" per kill) from Amazon, which also comes with a $20 Amazon gift card. The "War Horse," a steed that Rockstar claims can't be bested by any other horse in the game only available from Best Buy and HMV. The Deadly Assassin outfit from GameStop allows Dead Eye targeting to be regenerated much faster (note the costume has to be "earned" in game and is not an auto unlock).

Many other trailers littered through out the pages. You can check many out here... http://www.gametrail...edemption/11275

Here is the video that made me say... SWEET!

First multiplayer video which reveals FREE ROAM mode.

Multiplayer competitive video.

Edited by Saint Noir, 27 June 2010 - 06:09 PM.

#2 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:24 AM

Cool that they took Call of Juarez's focus mode in the form of "Dead Eye". Major upgrade from GTAIV (character models).

Posted Image

#3 Ravaged

Ravaged

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:04 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. Joystiq put up a sort of gameplay preview, and I must say that it looks spectacular thus far.

Link: http://www.joystiq.c...ional/#comments
I traded in 3 copies of code veronica last year. the clerk just said, 'you must really like this game.' To which I replied, 'tsubabababa!' - atomsk

My tradelist http://gametz.com/user/Ravaged.html

#4 Neo-Nut

Neo-Nut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

This game is my most wanted game other than Gran Turismo 5. I am sure god of war will be cool but i don't pay full price for single player only games anymore and probably won't be picking it up next year. I hope the multiplayer in Red Dead turns out to be just as fun as the story mode. It would be really cool if a friend could come in and play in your story mode. That video on IGN is awesome, I saw the main character shooting Buffalo, a huge bear, and then he was also dragging bandits throught the dirt on horseback. I was thinking about preordering at amazon, but I am hoping for some kickass special edition.

#5 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

I loved the trailer I saw.

I'm not biting on the pre-order deal only because I NEVER finish open worlders. I think got to 20% done on both GTA:SA and GTAIV... both of which I got day one. :cry:

This looks like it might have a good story which may keep me interested for longer though.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#6 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

Looks interesting. I love the narrator's voice, he almost sold me on the game.

I'll have to see more gameplay video and try out a demo to see if it's a purchase. There's just so many heavy hitters coming out soon I have to save some money.

#7 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Weapons and Death
http://www.gametrail...eo/player/61318

There is a contest on Gamestop to select an extra costume.

http://www.gamestop....te/default.aspx

Make your selection above for the Candidate of your choice and then fill out the form below for your vote to be counted. You will
also be automatically entered into our sweepstakes to win a grand prize trip to the Grand Canyon, or other prizes like a $100
Gamestop gift card and more.

#8 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

Weapons and Death
http://www.gametrail...eo/player/61318

There is a contest on Gamestop to select an extra costume.

http://www.gamestop....te/default.aspx

Make your selection above for the Candidate of your choice and then fill out the form below for your vote to be counted. You will
also be automatically entered into our sweepstakes to win a grand prize trip to the Grand Canyon, or other prizes like a $100
Gamestop gift card and more.

Thanks for the heads up. Lots of hands on previews went up everywhere this week too... all very positive.

#9 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

That Weapons and Death documentary is great.

#10 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

New box art.
Posted Image

#11 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

That Hunter skin is pretty cool. I voted for it. I won't get the game, but it seems like it'll be pretty cool.

#12 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

Preorder bonuses now detailed....

http://www.rockstarg...te/ref=preorder

Amazon and Best Buy have the best IMO. Amazon gets you the golden gun pack which means more fame per kill (plus the $10 future credit). Best Buy gets a war horse which is the fastest and strongest horse in the game.

#13 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Great pre-ordering from Amazon now.

#14 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

http://www.gamespot....5&mode=previews

Gamespot Q&A.

#15 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

WOW that Weapon & Death trailer made this my most anticipated game for this year, I loved the first one
Posted Image

#16 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

Is there any form of MP in this? I cant find mention of it anywhere

#17 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Is there any form of MP in this? I cant find mention of it anywhere

Yes there is.... though it has not been detailed at all. So no one really knows what it will entail.

#18 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

Are there plans for a demo? I've never played a Red Dead game and would like to try this one out before purchasing.

#19 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

Are there plans for a demo? I've never played a Red Dead game and would like to try this one out before purchasing.

Have you played Grand Theft Auto IV? Have you seen a Western movie?

I don't think you really need a demo. This game will be awesome.

#20 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Have you played Grand Theft Auto IV? Have you seen a Western movie?

I don't think you really need a demo. This game will be awesome.

I think this one is closer to GTA: SA it has three separate cities/towns. Each with their own collection of people. So different clothing and accents.

#21 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

I think this one is closer to GTA: SA it has three separate cities/towns. Each with their own collection of people. So different clothing and accents.

Right... ignore the technical advancements made in GTAIV that will clearly continue in RDR and be expanded upon. What's really important is that there are three separate towns with differently clothed people... :roll:

#22 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Why are you such an asshole? And GTA4 was vastly inferior to GTA SA in every area but graphics

#23 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Right... ignore the technical advancements made in GTAIV that will clearly continue in RDR and be expanded upon. What's really important is that there are three separate towns with differently clothed people... :roll:

I did not ignore anything. Did GTA 4 have three separate cities/towns? Did GTA4 have an open country side?

#24 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

Why are you such an asshole? And GTA4 was vastly inferior to GTA SA in every area but graphics

Thank you.

#25 BadLTD

BadLTD

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

This game looks so cool I feel as though I have to pick this one up when it comes out.

#26 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Anyways.....I guess thats a nobody knows on a demo. No big deal.

Also my opinion on GTA IV since it was brought up. Sure its techichally a great game, but did'nt find it nearly as fun as San Andreas. Hell if they remade SA with IV graphics & Saint's Row control scheme I'd be in heaven. I wouldn't be able to give them my cash fast enough. Same goes for Vice City.

#27 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

The Law trailer
http://www.gametrail...-red-dead/61799

#28 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:28 AM

New trailer... All about the ladies...

#29 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

gta4 looked great and the multiplayer online options were cool but thats all the game really brought to the table. san andreas had a vastly superior story , a wider array of things to do outside of the base story and characters you gave a damn about.

the only thing most people play gta4 still is the mp and maybe a second playthrough for the trophies once the patch came out but even that couldnt get me to play that turd again. ive tried numerous times but the game is just too boring to bother with.

that said i cant wait for the 2 new episodes to come out on ps3 esecially the gay tony one since it seems that game leans more towards san andreas type gameplay and i stupidly hope for a remake of san andreas with updated graphics and controls and multiplayer.

#30 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:49 AM

Anyways.....I guess thats a nobody knows on a demo. No big deal.

Also my opinion on GTA IV since it was brought up. Sure its techichally a great game, but did'nt find it nearly as fun as San Andreas. Hell if they remade SA with IV graphics & Saint's Row control scheme I'd be in heaven. I wouldn't be able to give them my cash fast enough. Same goes for Vice City.

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!