Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

Saint Noir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
UPDATED 04/23/10

"Red Dead Redemption is the sequel to 2004's Red Dead Revolver. It features a large sandbox-style open world, in the vein of the Grand Theft Auto series. The game takes place in the American Old West in 1908, and follows John Marston, a former outlaw whom is tasked with killing or capturing his former gang members by the American government.

The world crafted for the game is the largest ever in a Rockstar game. Every building in the game has an interior which may be explored. The vast expanses of the American West also provide some interesting moments in the form of random events. Stagecoach robberies and attacks by wild animals randomly punctuate excursions between towns. Fast travel between areas is provided by stagecoach or train. Travel takes place normally by foot or on horseback. If you lose your horse, you may whistle to call it back to you. If the horse dies, you may wrangle and break a wild horse to make it your own. There is also a massive ecosystem within the game world consisting of over 40 animals, all of which the player can hunt and skin. "

MULTIPLAYER INFO - Check the video below that details free roam mode. The entire game world is the lobby for this mode. You can posse up or go it solo to engage in a bevy of activities in the open world.

Hands on previews have started to crop up and all are very positive!

RDR.jpg

PREORDER BONUSES
The options listed are the "Golden Guns Weapon Pack" (more "Fame" per kill) from Amazon, which also comes with a $20 Amazon gift card. The "War Horse," a steed that Rockstar claims can't be bested by any other horse in the game only available from Best Buy and HMV. The Deadly Assassin outfit from GameStop allows Dead Eye targeting to be regenerated much faster (note the costume has to be "earned" in game and is not an auto unlock).

Many other trailers littered through out the pages. You can check many out here... http://www.gametrailers.com/game/red-dead-redemption/11275

Here is the video that made me say... SWEET!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvyU-kHKyg

First multiplayer video which reveals FREE ROAM mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBhPAMDUAQ

Multiplayer competitive video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge79m2iBSB0

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is my most wanted game other than Gran Turismo 5. I am sure god of war will be cool but i don't pay full price for single player only games anymore and probably won't be picking it up next year. I hope the multiplayer in Red Dead turns out to be just as fun as the story mode. It would be really cool if a friend could come in and play in your story mode. That video on IGN is awesome, I saw the main character shooting Buffalo, a huge bear, and then he was also dragging bandits throught the dirt on horseback. I was thinking about preordering at amazon, but I am hoping for some kickass special edition.

I loved the trailer I saw.

I'm not biting on the pre-order deal only because I NEVER finish open worlders. I think got to 20% done on both GTA:SA and GTAIV... both of which I got day one. :cry:

This looks like it might have a good story which may keep me interested for longer though.

Looks interesting. I love the narrator's voice, he almost sold me on the game.

I'll have to see more gameplay video and try out a demo to see if it's a purchase. There's just so many heavy hitters coming out soon I have to save some money.

[quote name='mwynn']Weapons and Death
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/player/61318

There is a contest on Gamestop to select an extra costume.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/rdrvote/default.aspx

Make your selection above for the Candidate of your choice and then fill out the form below for your vote to be counted. You will
also be automatically entered into our sweepstakes to win a grand prize trip to the Grand Canyon, or other prizes like a $100
Gamestop gift card and more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Lots of hands on previews went up everywhere this week too... all very positive.

[quote name='smiggity']Is there any form of MP in this? I cant find mention of it anywhere[/QUOTE]

Yes there is.... though it has not been detailed at all. So no one really knows what it will entail.

Are there plans for a demo? I've never played a Red Dead game and would like to try this one out before purchasing.

[quote name='TC']Are there plans for a demo? I've never played a Red Dead game and would like to try this one out before purchasing.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Grand Theft Auto IV? Have you seen a Western movie?

I don't think you really need a demo. This game will be awesome.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Have you played Grand Theft Auto IV? Have you seen a Western movie?

I don't think you really need a demo. This game will be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think this one is closer to GTA: SA it has three separate cities/towns. Each with their own collection of people. So different clothing and accents.

[quote name='mwynn']I think this one is closer to GTA: SA it has three separate cities/towns. Each with their own collection of people. So different clothing and accents.[/QUOTE]

Right... ignore the technical advancements made in GTAIV that will clearly continue in RDR and be expanded upon. What's really important is that there are three separate towns with differently clothed people... :roll:

[quote name='BingoBrown']Right... ignore the technical advancements made in GTAIV that will clearly continue in RDR and be expanded upon. What's really important is that there are three separate towns with differently clothed people... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I did not ignore anything. Did GTA 4 have three separate cities/towns? Did GTA4 have an open country side?

[quote name='smiggity']Why are you such an asshole? And GTA4 was vastly inferior to GTA SA in every area but graphics[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Anyways.....I guess thats a nobody knows on a demo. No big deal.

Also my opinion on GTA IV since it was brought up. Sure its techichally a great game, but did'nt find it nearly as fun as San Andreas. Hell if they remade SA with IV graphics & Saint's Row control scheme I'd be in heaven. I wouldn't be able to give them my cash fast enough. Same goes for Vice City.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Right... ignore the technical advancements made in GTAIV that will clearly continue in RDR and be expanded upon. What's really important is that there are three separate towns with differently clothed people... :roll:[/QUOTE]

gta4 looked great and the multiplayer online options were cool but thats all the game really brought to the table. san andreas had a vastly superior story , a wider array of things to do outside of the base story and characters you gave a damn about.

the only thing most people play gta4 still is the mp and maybe a second playthrough for the trophies once the patch came out but even that couldnt get me to play that turd again. ive tried numerous times but the game is just too boring to bother with.

that said i cant wait for the 2 new episodes to come out on ps3 esecially the gay tony one since it seems that game leans more towards san andreas type gameplay and i stupidly hope for a remake of san andreas with updated graphics and controls and multiplayer.

[quote name='TC']Anyways.....I guess thats a nobody knows on a demo. No big deal.

Also my opinion on GTA IV since it was brought up. Sure its techichally a great game, but did'nt find it nearly as fun as San Andreas. Hell if they remade SA with IV graphics & Saint's Row control scheme I'd be in heaven. I wouldn't be able to give them my cash fast enough. Same goes for Vice City.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if i can have a shootout at high noon then hang out at the bordello. Hopefully getting drunk affects your shooting.

I hope Rockstar doesnt agree to any of the bullshit microsoft throw at them for a certain time exclusive DLC and stuff . Seriously Micro$oft never seems to run out of money for timed exclusive DLC ( ohh wait thats right maybe its because they are filthy rich ) . I will definately be getting this one for the PS3 :D , just hope micro$oft doesnt pull any DLC thats is supposed to be multiplatform DLC so they can have it for themselves for a couple months

I've always been a BIG fan of Western films and while I enjoyed Call of Juarez 1 and 2 a lot, it was certainly lacking polish. I really feel that Red Dead Redemption actually has potential to be game of the year for 2010... at least from my perspective anyway.

I wish they would have made a sick cover with a picture of the lead character riding a horse while firing his gun. I like there early concept cover art better than this. Hopefully the game will be as good as I am thinking it will be.

I want this game but I've got FFXIII sitting on the back burner (my brother's got it and he's only half way through).

I'm gonna pass on this for the moment... I've bought way too many games near full price over the past few months. But I'm hoping TRU has some kind of a deal for this (hopefully $20 GC).

This has been delayed AGAIN. I think it was due out last fall or very early in January, then it got pushed back....and pushed back....and pushed back.

At this rate, it'll be on the PS4.

I was excited for this game, but having just bought not only God Of War III last week, but also Just Cause 2 and Afrika just today this game can wait till a price drop or three.

At least it's not like I Am Alive, which was pushed back and then switched developers altogether. That game might as well be cancelled since I think it's been pushed back to 2011 sometime.:roll:

Ah. I think this looks like the best thing Rockstar has done. I hope it delivers. Really looking forward to when they detail the multiplayer modes too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I meant. The delay to May 18th. The last I heard it was April 27th.[/QUOTE]

You SOB! Scared the crap out of me... Good thing is my College is not starting on June 4th as Originally planned, I get 24 more days to play games.

bread's done
Back