Free ModNation Racers Beta Give away at GameSpot North American residents only

SmartassConsumer

CAGiversary!
"...Friday, December 18th at 10:00am PT to grab one of 2,000 keys we're giving away for the beta! This beta focuses on Online play, and does not include Career mode or Multiplayer split screen. Offer is for North American residents only, and requires a PSN account."

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/modnation/

I've been searching for a beta for this game, wanted to share it with my CAGs. This is my first deal post so I hope I didn't screw it up.

[quote name='Casteor']I think this was posted already, but was kind of different or something. Ty.[/QUOTE]
Nothing similar showed up when I searched ModNation Racers atleast in the topic names.

[quote name='SmartassConsumer']Nothing similar showed up when I searched ModNation Racers atleast in the topic names.[/QUOTE]

It was like a heads up on Modnation beta. I remember going to the website. Doesn't matter, though.

[quote name='Casteor']It was like a heads up on Modnation beta. I remember going to the website. Doesn't matter, though.[/QUOTE]

lol, then why bring it up?

[quote name='Casteor']Wow, great fucking post. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Why bother saying it's a "repost" if you can't even supply a link and then just brush it off like it doesn't matter to you? You brought it up in the first place. But anyways, yes. your post was a great fucking post. :applause:

Got mine earlier, but I'm just beginning to wonder why they even call these Betas anymore. They're just multiplayer demos now... I remember when Sony used to actually send out Betas back in the PS2 days. You'd get a disc in the mail, or in the case of when I did the Beta test for FFXI they sent out the game and a PS2 HDD, and after the conclusion of the Beta and after you sent it back, they sent you a retail one.

Those were the days... Now they give them away or as a stupid preorder bonuses (I'm looking at you GameStop/EBGames).

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']Got mine earlier, but I'm just beginning to wonder why they even call these Betas anymore. They're just multiplayer demos now... I remember when Sony used to actually send out Betas back in the PS2 days. You'd get a disc in the mail, or in the case of when I did the Beta test for FFXI they sent out the game and a PS2 HDD, and after the conclusion of the Beta and after you sent it back, they sent you a retail one.

Those were the days... Now they give them away or as a stupid preorder bonuses (I'm looking at you GameStop/EBGames).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is kind of irritating if you actually used to get betas(i did too), but it's just a way to get the hype train rolling and I suppose that's not such a bad thing.

Something was wrong on Gamespot for me, registered at 10 on the dot and wouldn't let me register. Tried with Chrome, Firefox & IE, no go. Sall good. I hope whoever got a code enjoys !

[quote name='brighenne']Yeah, it is kind of irritating if you actually used to get betas(i did too), but it's just a way to get the hype train rolling and I suppose that's not such a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I remember when I got the Monster Hunter beta. I had no idea what the game was, and then I ended up getting hooked on that game. Hell, I even played with the author of the BradyGames strategy guide and am in several of the screenshots and credited in the special thanks section.

But at least someone else used to do the real betas and knows what I'm talking about :lol:

Thanks for the post, I wouldn't have known about this otherwise. I set my alarm to remind me and got myself a key. When a friend who I'm account sharing with logs on I'll let you guys know if we're able to share the beta, so some of you who weren't able to register may still be able to play. Or you can always go out and buy LBP GotY if you're desperate.

I hate the way they distribute these things...give them to Media, so they can get hits on their website?
And the sheer amount they give out is ridiculous for a beta. It's a demo, with limited capabilities, but this way they get to hype up their game without allowing everyone access. No thanks.

The blog says they are giving away few hundred codes today and even more on Monday. Just keep watching the blog.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Thanks for posting that, they posted 25 codes in a reply to that blog post, and I got one of them. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting that. I was able to get a code.

Got one!!!! wow I was #7 to Retweet that last one and within 5 seconds it was at 100 retweets... lucky me, dam lucky..

[quote name='dragonjud']I hate the way they distribute these things...give them to Media, so they can get hits on their website?
And the sheer amount they give out is ridiculous for a beta. It's a demo, with limited capabilities, but this way they get to hype up their game without allowing everyone access. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

While it is a big part of hype and demo games like these (innovative) should get a lot of testing. If the main part is creating stuff then that better work very, very well. Having us try it is the best way to know it is good. Games like Halo and CoD really didn't need betas at all beyond hype.

I do agree with how a lot of games that do have betas shouldn't, but I see this as one that should (and others like EndWar and LBP).

Most games that are online need betas to test how the servers hold up under strain... what runs well with 25 users is not always going to run well with thousands..

bread's done
Back