[Canada] Boxing Day (EB/GS, WM, Zellers, Source, TRU, RCSS, RP, FS, BB, HMV, etc.)

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Gamedeals.ca
20% off everything (in-store and online)

SiG (in-store)
DSi $100
PSP Go $150
360 Wireless Adapter $40

Factory Direct
2 refurbished 360 controllers $40

HMV

Dec. 26 only: CoD MW2 $29.99 (PS3/360)
Dec. 26-27 only:
Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, NFS Shift, NHL 10 $39.99 each (PS3/360)
Fable II, Halo 3, Gears 2 $19.99 each
360 Elites $249.99 (excluding CoD bundle)
All PSP 2000/3000 bundles $149.99 each

http://www.hmv.ca/images/HMV/Flyers/HMV-NatlFlyer-12-24-09.pdf

Blockbuster

XBOX Live Messenger Kit $69.99
360 Wireless controller $44.99
360 Elite Holiday bundle $269.99
Live 12-month $49.99
360 Wireless Adapter $69.99
360 Vision Camera $39.99

Wii Remote $39.99
Wii Motion+ $19.99
PS3 BR Remote $19.99
PS3 USB 2.0 & Cables $44.99

Rogers Plus
$14.99 used games:
Section 8
Bionic Commando
Raven Squad
RB Metal Track Pack
Singstar Queen
Ghostbusters
Riddick

$29.99 used games:
Red Faction Guerilla
Tekken 6
Forza 3
RE5
Wolfenstien
Beatles RB
Fifa 10

Halo 3 ODST + Gears 2 used $40
AC2 + CoD MW2 used $60

75% off all used PS2 games
50% off all used Wii games
50% off all used PSP games

$19.99 new games:
Halo Wars
Gears 2
Halo 3
Fable 2

$39.99 new games:
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports Resort
Uncharted 2
Shaun White Road Trip
Tekken 6

$49.99 new games:
Borderlands
Batman AA
AC2
NHL 10

Dualshock3 + GH game bundle $49.99
50% off ALS Game Traveller bag and Wii Speak

Blu-Rays: Buy 2 used, get 1

Last edited by a moderator:
That used Nintendo DS Lite deal sounds good. I don't know if I can score a Wii, though. Nobody in their right mind would trade a console to EB or Gamestop.

Might snag AD/DC if I'm not busy that day. Does anyone know if it includes a code to download the songs? I'd really rather not have to swap out the disc every time.

[quote name='DMPugh']Might snag AD/DC if I'm not busy that day. Does anyone know if it includes a code to download the songs? I'd really rather not have to swap out the disc every time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it comes with a code to import into Rockband.

Microplay in Winnipeg is doing 5% on all new stuff, and the best used deal they've done ever for a Boxing Day: 10% for each used game you buy, up to five. So if you buy three used games, you get 30% off all of them. Five used games gets you 50% off them all.

Also, I'll be working Boxing Day, if you see me :)

[quote name='Ranzo']There is more then this in the flyer. Wonder why it was not all posted.[/QUOTE]

Was there anything else worth mentioning from what you can remember?

[quote name='Ranzo']There is more then this in the flyer. Wonder why it was not all posted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']Was there anything else worth mentioning from what you can remember?[/QUOTE]

yeah, like any cheap 360 games.. Eb usually has a selection of ~$10 games on boxing day.

I'm sure Ranzo will let us know when he feels he won't be fired after telling us :). If he told us over a week early then he may get in trouble.

Don't want Ranzo to get into hot water now...just wait a few more days and he will spill like open-ended cups on a trampoline (;

Can't go wrong with AC/DC for $2. Probably won't get anything else though, my backlog is terrible. Maybe pick something up for someone else though.

How many times has the AC/DC thing gone on sale now? It seems like they can't get rid of all of those. Oh well, I'll finally get around to picking one up for myself.

[quote name='Ranzo']There is more then this in the flyer. Wonder why it was not all posted.[/QUOTE]He only posted what he thought was really worthwhile.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']Also Dec 26 only TMNT Smash Wii for 9.99, used games 14.99 and under 2 for $20, used games 4.99 and under 2 for $5.[/QUOTE]

Used or new for TMNT?

TBH, EB usually has some solid deals but when it comes to boxing day, I've always leaned on Microplay to provide. They usually have good/insane deals imo on boxing day & sometimes find stuff there I never seen there before (example: about 3-4 years ago, found an unopened copy of xenogears that was $40 but boxing day said 1/2 off so it was $20)

I'm laughing at that SimAnimals game. Hey, EA, good decision there, going with the whole "ripoff cartoon from the dollar store" look for your cover.

simanimals_africa-400-400.jpg

[quote name='thegamecubist']LOL Demon's Souls...for regular price![/QUOTE]

I remembered seeing that & going "seriosly, wtf eb. not even trying"

yeah I laughed hard when I saw the Simanimals box for the first time too. also demon souls full price in a boxing day flier is pretty funny too.

Rabbids for 25 sounds about right since I was able to almost beat the game on a rental (not 100 of everything collected). I would wait until it drops to 10 bucks, but I can have this sooner and be able to play it sooner.

[quote name='telepathy']I remembered seeing that & going "seriosly, wtf eb. not even trying"[/QUOTE]
Wal-Mart was guilty of doing the same thing when they had their anniversary sale. All the following were marked as "SALE" items.

Halo ODST $69.99
Uncharted 2 $59.99
Assassin's Creed 2 $69.99

There were definitely more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head right now.

[quote name='halcyon1234']I'm laughing at that SimAnimals game. Hey, EA, good decision there, going with the whole "ripoff cartoon from the dollar store" look for your cover.

simanimals_africa-400-400.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Ripping off a movie that ripped off another movie, lol. The title even almost spells Simba. XD

[quote name='Azumangaman']70 percent off WB blu rays? Sounds like that could be worth getting up early for....[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I would love to see the list.

I think you can grab Mad World at BBV for 15 or 20 right now. It'll be used, that's why you check the disc, but that's much better than the eb black friday deal.

A new copy of Mad World for $20 at EB is a far better deal than a used one for $15. Seeing as you can use Kellogg coupons on new games at EB ;)

[quote name='ragnar14']A new copy of Mad World for $20 at EB is a far better deal than a used one for $15. Seeing as you can use Kellogg coupons on new games at EB ;)[/QUOTE]

First party Nintendo games only though, no?

No. They work on anything, I've used like 6 coupons and have only bought 1 first party game. I specifically recall buying Rygar from EB when it dropped to $10, my clerk knew exactly what the coupon was without even looking at it. She was more curious about what cereal I ate than concerned with giving me a $5 Wii game :)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Added Zellers.[/QUOTE]

50% off Rabbids Go Home DS and Just Dance? Sweet. They had 50% off Ubisoft DS titles not too long ago but I couldn't take advantage of it since when I tried to PM it they were sold out. :( They also had M&L:BIS for $29.99 at the time.

bread's done
Back