BlazBlue:Calamity Trigger Premium Pack for Xbox 360 $41.99 + FS @ Newegg

VivaLaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Newegg has the BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack for the Xbox 360 at $41.99 with free shipping.

The Premium Pack includes :

• A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

link

I read this as 14.99 with FS and I almost flipped a full circle in my bed. Darn my dyslexia-ness when I wake up from a nap :p

[quote name='IronSerif']Thanks for the deal! Going to try and hold out a bit longer to see if it gets around the $30 mark :)[/QUOTE]

They only have 73 copies in stock... and heaven knows where they managed to find those.

To me the whole LE thing just wasn't worth it. Buy it now, if you really want it, but the extra stuff was just fluff. These soundtracks are always made available over the web, and the tutorials are nothing more than an annoying IGN person showing you the moves in low resolution (really ugly presentation).

[quote name='dragonjud']To me the whole LE thing just wasn't worth it. Buy it now, if you really want it, but the extra stuff was just fluff. These soundtracks are always made available over the web, and the tutorials are nothing more than an annoying IGN person showing you the moves in low resolution (really ugly presentation).[/QUOTE]

IIRC they had tournament players doing the tutorials. They did for Iron Tager at least.

[quote name='Zaylex']Isnt there a new, better version of BlazBlue in the works though?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it'll be six months at least before it hits in the states. $40 is entirely worth it for this game, if you will play it between now and when the sequel actually comes out.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']IIRC they had tournament players doing the tutorials. They did for Iron Tager at least.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Last time I checked, it was a documentary on the Soviets.. :whistle2:s

I got my LE BB for $60 and haven't regret it so far. In fact, it's the first I wouldn't want to let go from my collection. :)

Really tempting as none of the Gamestops (out of 4) or even Best Buy or Wal-mart near me carries the 360 version of this game. I can't figure out why..

Yo, this game is really shit, and I'ma let you see it, but BlazBlue is one of the worst fighting games of all time!

[quote name='Chuplayer']Yo, this game is really shit, and I'ma let you see it, but BlazBlue is one of the worst fighting games of all time![/QUOTE]

uhhh... ok?

Why are they calling it the Premium Pack? It's the LE.

I'll vouch for the tutorials, though. The strategy sections are a little meh, but the combo demos I found very useful when first starting out.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Yo, this game is really shit, and I'ma let you see it, but BlazBlue is one of the worst fighting games of all time![/QUOTE]

You're a doll creep, you don't have a soul!

This game is worth every penny.

Although the LE is disappointing except for the soundtrack. But it wasn't like anyone had to pay extra for the LE when it first came out, it was the only version for awhile until it "ran out of stock".

This game pwns. The visuals are great and the fighting mechanics are spot on.

The LE version was a real treat as it was being sold for $60, just like the regular version.. it was just a matter of getting your hands on an LE.

I also doubt the LE is going to hit the $30 mark. I don't think they made too many of these, and the PS3 version was sold out at a shitload of major retailers (including Amazon) right when the game released. I'm just assuming there's more 360 copies around because they printed more or just because people like me prefer getting their fighters for the PS3.

Edit:
[quote name='youngavatar']yea it a great fighting game but i think the online is dead right now well atleast on the xbox.[/QUOTE]

Online is still okay on the PS3.. the problem is that most of the time, you're being matched up with a real avid player as many noob players moved on or are the more veteran players now. The learning curve is pretty easy for the game, but mastering it is hard. Didn't even attempt to as I didn't have hours a day to simply commit to one game. The girlfriend still likes playing this once in a while though because with Noel, you can just button mash like shit and still get a win every now and then. Haha.

[quote name='dragonjud']To me the whole LE thing just wasn't worth it. Buy it now, if you really want it, but the extra stuff was just fluff. These soundtracks are always made available over the web, and the tutorials are nothing more than an annoying IGN person showing you the moves in low resolution (really ugly presentation).[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the LE a free upgrade to the people that pre-ordered?

At least it was for me which makes it well worth it. This was the best fighting game this year.

[quote name='mis0']This game pwns. The visuals are great and the fighting mechanics are spot on.

The LE version was a real treat as it was being sold for $60, just like the regular version.. it was just a matter of getting your hands on an LE.

I also doubt the LE is going to hit the $30 mark. I don't think they made too many of these, and the PS3 version was sold out at a shitload of major retailers (including Amazon) right when the game released. I'm just assuming there's more 360 copies around because they printed more or just because people like me prefer getting their fighters for the PS3.

Edit:

Online is still okay on the PS3.. the problem is that most of the time, you're being matched up with a real avid player as many noob players moved on or are the more veteran players now. The learning curve is pretty easy for the game, but mastering it is hard. Didn't even attempt to as I didn't have hours a day to simply commit to one game. The girlfriend still likes playing this once in a while though because with Noel, you can just button mash like shit and still get a win every now and then. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm level 42 on the PS3. I don't see anyone to beat-up below level 10 anymore. :lol:

[quote name='youngavatar']yea it a great fighting game but i think the online is dead right now well atleast on the xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought it a couple months after its release and most were Japanese players, I think. Maybe if the lobby system didn't blow so hard.

[quote name='mis0']This game pwns. The visuals are great and the fighting mechanics are spot on.

Edit:

Online is still okay on the PS3.. the problem is that most of the time, you're being matched up with a real avid player as many noob players moved on or are the more veteran players now. The learning curve is pretty easy for the game, but mastering it is hard. Didn't even attempt to as I didn't have hours a day to simply commit to one game. The girlfriend still likes playing this once in a while though because with Noel, you can just button mash like shit and still get a win every now and then. Haha.[/QUOTE]

BlazBlue punishes button mashers when doing counters. She probably just gets lucky by spamming the easy specials in the non-ranked rooms. Ranked on the other hand doesn't allow easy specials, and any button masher there will get their butts handed to them.

Hmm, this seems oddly familiar. Wasn't there a website selling the LE a few months ago and it turned out they just had the regular edition, or am I remembering that wrong?

Edit:

lol tagers sledge hammer goes through like half of her moves.
and this game was worth it. especially the limited edition. i still play it daily since i got it back in july. and listening to the tutorial of mike z just made me want to use tager. mike z is also one of the best tagers out there.

bread's done
Back