Buy 1 Month, Get 1 Free at GameFly

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

i been with them for a few years at 3 at a time.. I Dropped all the way back to 1 at a time (and would cancel but dont want to lose my 10% discount)

if you just play handheld games ...

Last good Ds game ZELDA DEC 7 2009 Next good ds game 1/14/2010 or later that is over a month with NO DS GAMES COMING OUT

they keep pushing back fighting fantasy

Dont even get me started on PSP games

Next PSP game jan 12 2010 Last PSP GAME 12/7 again over a month for no new games...

sort of shocked there are no New DS or PSP games coming in the month of dec
WOOOO I STINK

#32 Danro

Danro

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

thanks CD, I will bite on this one.
Posted Image

#33 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

Isn't the 1-game-out plan usually $8.99 a month? That's what it says on all the ads plastered everywhere, so how is this B1G1? Not trying to be a smartass here, I've been reconsidering GF for a while now and would like to jump on this deal if it's actually a deal.

#34 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

Isn't the 1-game-out plan usually $8.99 a month? That's what it says on all the ads plastered everywhere, so how is this B1G1? Not trying to be a smartass here, I've been reconsidering GF for a while now and would like to jump on this deal if it's actually a deal.

$8.99 is a promotional price. The standard price for 1 game is $15.99.

BTW, if you live in southern california like I do, shipping is usually 1 day since the games come from Long Beach.

I've been very happy with gamefly in the two months I've been a member.
To each his own.

#35 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Living in Jersey and being one state over from the Pitt distribution center, I would say the turnaround times are usually pretty good. Like other CAGs have suggested, though, I definitely believe that GF throttles accounts from time-to-time, especially if you're the kind of person who returns a lot of games very quickly.

#36 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

What I'm getting is that although this deal is great, it's only for new members. I'd be a new member.

-Shipping times are slow
-Waste of money if you have a backlog

So how about shipping it back to GF... you got to pay for the shipping?
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#37 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

So how about shipping it back to GF... you got to pay for the shipping?

No, the games come in a pre-paid envelope for shipping back to the distribution center.
To each his own.

#38 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Same for me, it took gamefly forever to get my games to me its why I cancelled. But I wonder why netflix takes so long for you with a shipping center so close. If I put movies in the mail on monday for netflix, my next movie is here on wednesday, pretty much a 2 day turnaround all the time for me.

I get a movie 1 day then takes 2 days to get the next and so one would make roughly 7 days for 2 movies. I said it I could get 2 movies within a week depending on how quickly I watch them.

I only have a 1 movie out at a time deal because I mainly wanted Netflix for the Xbox 360 and within shipping so fast I have no need for 2 movies at a time.

But yeah 1 movie every roughly 3-4 days to me is quite good for the 9.95 (i think thats what it costs). 1 game every 7 - 14 days for 15.95 a month doesn't sound as good to me. Granted games do cost more, but more time is spent on games too.

Now Gamefly prices are pretty similar to movie rental places (cheaper if you only want one game for an entire month). But that is it... I don't want to spend $7 for a five day rental so I am for sure not spending 15.95 for craptastic shipping times.

Damn I miss Movie Gallery 2.99 for a 7 day rental. That was heaven... until they decided to jack it up to $5 for 5 night in the same week and go out of business. Whoever thought that was smart is an idiot.

#39 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

Gamefly turnaround is like this for me:

I live in the Bay Area of California. Nearest(well only) shipping center is in Long Beach; roughly 5 hours away. I send my game, they get it in about 3 days, they send out my game, I get it in 3 to 4. Not HORRIBLE but not nearly as good as Netflix.

Netflix I get in a day because the shipping center is all of 20 minutes away from my apartment.

I still say it's worth it. I have the 1 game plan and it's saved me some money already; I'd have been really pissed off if I paid $60 for Brutal Legend.

#40 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

I live in the Bay Area of California. Nearest(well only) shipping center is in Long Beach; roughly 5 hours away. .

That's actually not the only shipping center. I had a game come from North Carolina, or somewhere else on the east coast, and I'm in southern California. That game came pretty quick though. I think I got it within three days from when they said they shipped it.
To each his own.

#41 AceSXE

AceSXE

They Hate Logic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

generally it takes 3 days turnaround from when i put one game in the mail til I get the next but my mail people always scan it or whatever for quick return
Posted Image

#42 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

it only takes one day for me to get a game once they ship it.

i live about an hour away from the shipping center.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#43 ripsnug

ripsnug

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:03 AM

Signed back up with GF the first of the month after not having them for a while and was a little worried about shipping times with some of the complaints I've seen. Overlord II only took 2 days shipping and sent it back on Monday and it showed returned on Wednesday. Dragon Age didn't ship until today but it was Low Availability so no complaints there. So far GF is just as good as before or even maybe better because I didn't expect Dragon Age to ship so quickly.

I signed up with Gift Certificates so I'm on the 1-game plan for the next 6-months but will probably jump up to two when those end. If I receive more for Christmas I wonder if I can apply them to an upgrade to 2-game plan? Not sure if that would work out with the price difference. I already saved 10% with buying the Gift Certificates and if I get any as presents, then that's free to me so I guess I won't complain and just stick to the 1/plan. If shipping times stay this good then I'll easily be able to play 2 games a month and that will keep me busy.

#44 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

That's actually not the only shipping center. I had a game come from North Carolina, or somewhere else on the east coast, and I'm in southern California. That game came pretty quick though. I think I got it within three days from when they said they shipped it.

Sorry, I meant the only one in California. I think there's like 6 shipping centers in the U.S.

#45 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:52 AM

Thanks, Cheapy! Just got back in on GameFly!

I'm so happy, I can't wait to get more gaming into my diet.

#46 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:02 AM

My library is my gamefly, haha.
After thinking over it, i'll still remain Gamefly-free.
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin