Co-op for me and wifey

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I need some suggestions on some co-op games that my wife would enjoy playing with me. All I have so far is the Lego games. FPSers are out. Anything too difficult is out. I'm looking for games that are pretty basic but have good co-op. Any suggestions? :bouncy:

360, PS3, or Wii games are all ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox Live Arcade: Assault Heroes 1 and 2 are both relatively simple, and fun. Ikaruga has a co-op mode, but may be too complex. LodeRunner has a co-op mode if you enjoy puzzle type games. There's a few more, I'm sure, but I haven't looked through all my arcade games in a while.

Retail: Sacred 2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2. Fable 2 (which I've heard mixed reviews of the co-op, so might wanna check some reviews).

Those are just from my current stack of games - I am looking around to help out another friend with a similar request (he was playing Fable 2 with his wifey, they finished it).

I was going to suggest a bunch of Wii games until you said 360 only. I don't have a 360, so the only game I know of would be Aegis Wing. Too bad you don't have a PS3 or you could just tell her it was movie night and start playing Uncharted 2.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Fable 2, Resident Evil 5, Guitar Hero games, Rock Band games.

Xbox Arcade: Castle Crashers, Ikaruga

Army of two is amusing too... And as stated all the guitar hero/Rock band games. RE5 as stated already.... the Turtles in time game on XBL

If you want more choices that your wife will like, I recommend picking up a Wii. My wife loves Mario Kart, New Super Mario, Mario Party, Boom Blox, and Wii Sports. These aren't necessarily co-op games, but ladies dig 'em.

Little Big Planet is worth looking into, it is a different kind of co-op play.

Sorry did not see you were looking for xbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the ideas so far guys. I edited my post to include PS3 and Wii. I have them all but I originally wanted to stick to 360 until I saw your ideas about other systems.

So, any easy co-op for any system.

LBP is co-op? How does that work?

I don't know how good your wife is at games, but mine isn't really very much of a gamer. She's the sort that spins in circles in games like Call of Duty until you mercifully just knife her.

Anyway, we played through the entirety of Resident Evil 5 together (on easy, granted) and it was a blast! She had a lot of fun and we didn't really get stuck too much. It helps that if she ever gets in a bind you can save her, and if you're good enough you should really need saving.

Sorry if that's too close to the fps genre for your liking (I wasn't sure if it's the first-person perspective that bothers you/her or the shooting).

Castle Crashers is pretty awesome for co-op too.

i'm surprised noone has mentioned rock band/guitar hero games. my wife and i like playing them together. she sings and i play guitar. (she started on drums, but that lasted about 30 seconds into the first song :p)

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']i'm surprised noone has mentioned rock band/guitar hero games. my wife and i like playing them together. she sings and i play guitar. (she started on drums, but that lasted about 30 seconds into the first song :p)[/QUOTE]

Apparently you don't actually read the threads you post in because it was mentioned a couple of times already.

[quote name='mission42']Apparently you don't actually read the threads you post in because it was mentioned a couple of times already.[/QUOTE]

so it was.
i'll blame it on the cold medicine.

GH and RB were already mentioned. Gears of War 1 & 2 have co-op, it's not first person, so maybe that helps? My girl started playing Gears 2 with me, but we never finished, still she had no problems with motion sickness if that's a concern. Splosion Man has multiplayer, right? Not sure if it's co-op or not, I haven't tried it, but that could be an option.

[quote name='Macheezmo']My wife hates FPS games, but she loved playing Borderlands with me[/QUOTE]

Exactly my situation. She won't play a single player or competitive FPS (not that I'm that much into them either), but we have been playing Borderlands almost nonstop. If someone doesn't like FPSes, I'd further research that and ask if they've played both PvP and PvE FPSes.

You can play Scene It Box Office Smash on Live co-op. Basically anyone on your 360 can buzz in and answer and you're playing against someone else online.

The only options you seem to have are party games. My wife is the same way. Two that I do not mind playing and you can pick up cheap are Viva Pinata Party Animals(360) or Rabbids TV Party(Wii). Good luck in your search.

Hey - I understand where you and your wife are coming from - as I was in that same situation with my girlfriend not too long ago.
She couldn't get the hang of using the two joysticks (she calls them 'double throttle') to move and aim.
And that's where Resident Evil 5 came in to save the day! Most of us gamers HATED the fact that you couldn't move while aiming/shooting. But that was a savior for the lady friend. It let her concentrate on one thing at a time. She loved it.
And as mentioned before - we played on easy - and you can save her when necessary (and it WILL be necessary often in the beginning)
But she's playin Borderlands with me too - and she has gotten the hang of the 'double throttle'
I would ask her to give RE5 a try.

[quote name='Macheezmo']My wife hates FPS games, but she loved playing Borderlands with me[/QUOTE]

Ditto with my GF, badasseed female char to play, very easy mechanic to learn, good story arc. give it a rent. unless FPS style games make her dizzy, then pass.

I gave up a long time ago on FPS or anything with complex controls. If within 15min she is frustrated, she will just storm out of the room. So, if I can find something that is fun for her even if I don't care, I am all for it!

With the Original Xbox, she loved Kung Fu Chaos and Psychonauts. I was actually shocked sometimes to come home and find her playing Psychonauts by herself.

On the Wii, I have all the Raving Rabbit's games, Mario Kart, Boom Blox and Wii Sports Resorts. Not co-op -- but the wife joins in to play and even suggests that we play.

On the PS3, my wife is a big fan of LittleBigPlanet.

On the Xbox 360 I have found several XBLA puzzles and arcade classis she likes like Super Space Invaders, Geometry Wars, Arkanoid and various PinBall games. I recently got OutRun which is an arcade racer and her and her sister played through the snow storm while I tended the fireplace and hung out with kids playing board games. Plus XBLA is cheap.

Just a matter of finding what she likes

Hope this helps!

[quote name='TurboPascal']I gave up a long time ago on FPS or anything with complex controls. If within 15min she is frustrated, she will just storm out of the room. So, if I can find something that is fun for her even if I don't care, I am all for it![/QUOTE]

Know what I found helps? Katamari Damacy. Left stick for movement, right stick for direction.

My wife couldn't stand FPS games but played through Halo 3 completely with me. We still play it versus just each other on Rockets. With Rockets it doesn't need the precise aiming. Online there was also a racing game variation where one person drove the mongoose and the other shot with the rocket launcher that we had fun with. Still she gets motion sick from it so we can never play it for too long.

For 360 games: Peggle, Puzzle Quest, Boogie Bunnies, Worms, Castle Crashers, N+, Super Puzzle Fighter, Bejewelled are all Live games she enjoys on XBLA. For games, Beautiful Katamari, Viva Pinata, Lego Batman/Star Wars, Rock Band 1/2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, any of the Scene It! Games, The Simpsons Game, and some of the racing games.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']She won't play FPS, TPS, or RPGs. We have Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]

Tell her to try something new gamewise or you'll be trying something new somewhere else. I usually just put the game in the system and start playing. Don't give her the option of wimping out. Then let her win or be the star. You'll be surprised how fast she starts liking different types of games.

As for games she might like, you can always try Monster Madness, Viva Pinata Party Animals, the Marvel Alliances, or Castle Crashers.

I tried Fantastic Four with my wife and daughter and the camera ruined any fun we might have been enjoying.

You can also try getting her into fighting games just for the hell of it. I started my wife on Street Fighter 2 and Arcana Heart. Now, she's decent at Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive 4, and Virtua Fighter 5.

bread's done
Back