Photo
- - - - -

Possible PSN premium services detailed in leaked survey?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 sononkyo

sononkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

warranty and loyalty rewards

#32 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

All that features sounds nice but one feature that'll really make me pay for is higher download speed. Everything I download from PSN is dirt slow but XBLA downloads are much quicker.

QFT. Or at least allow the ps3 to finish downloading stuff after you turn it off, just like the 360

#33 Zero_Kirby

Zero_Kirby

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, my PS3 has been rock solid but I wouldn't mind an added warranty.

But as for the rest of the features, I honestly don't care as long as online gaming remains free.

I agree with you
Posted Image

#34 gindias

gindias

Cubs Still Suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

QFT. Or at least allow the ps3 to finish downloading stuff after you turn it off, just like the 360

They have a feature thats smilar but it dosent put the PS3 into low power mode like the xbox does it just turns it off when its done downloading. I use it all the time because my downloads can be slow as hell at times.

The feature on that list that interests me is the cloud service, it would be nice to play one save on different systems in my house. I really hate having a different save on each system for some games.

#35 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

^how do you enable that feature?

#36 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

^how do you enable that feature?

If you mean power off after download then goto Users menu (far left) and the top option is Turn Off System. If you choose that while you are downloading something then it'll display an option for turn off after downloading (and installing).
Posted Image

#37 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

This is exactly why I bought a PS3, because I didn't want to pay to play. And now it's happening. Like another poster said, if it gets too bad I'll just go back to playing the PC. Charging for premiums is one thing, like themes and DLC and all that Jazz. I've been playing Betas for years with Sony, why in the hell should I start paying now. ITS A BETA!? Who pays for Betas?!
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#38 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

If you mean power off after download then goto Users menu (far left) and the top option is Turn Off System. If you choose that while you are downloading something then it'll display an option for turn off after downloading (and installing).

thanks, I've never tried turning off the ps3 with that. I always use the home button

#39 dallow

dallow

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

I'd pay reasonable price for cloud storage for save files.

This is exactly why I bought a PS3, because I didn't want to pay to play. And now it's happening. Like another poster said, if it gets too bad I'll just go back to playing the PC. Charging for premiums is one thing, like themes and DLC and all that Jazz. I've been playing Betas for years with Sony, why in the hell should I start paying now. ITS A BETA!? Who pays for Betas?!

It's not happening. These are just optional things in addition to the free online service. So if you're happy with it now, you'll be happy in the future.

#40 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Any sort of premium features are bad. Give it to us for free or dont do it at all.

I still think the only thing they are going to offer is the unlimited downloads from PS store. Anything else is really not needed or should be free

#41 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

I think this is a great way to do it. And I wish 360 did the same thing. If you are NOT paying for it you aren't really missing anything important (unless Cross game chat is really in it) but if you do, you get a bunch of bonus'.

You still can play online for free, which is the only important thing.

Woah, awesome. Thanks for that.

For me, I've NEVER had a problem with downloads. They always go fast *shrug*

#42 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

Free Access to PSOne Classics, PSP Minis, and PS3/PSP Themes

id be willing to pay up to $40 or so if this were the case.

Posted Image

#43 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

That Cross Game Chat one is bugging me. Other than that, some of these features are worth the purchase. However, I'm still not sold, as I don't use many of these features.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

#44 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

If I was able to get solid stuff like Full Title Trial, unlimited PS1 games, access to Betas and early marketplace stuff for $20, I would probably pay it. Not just because it is a good buy, but because Sony has been a solid company and has a rock solid console that would still, at the very least, have free online gaming.

But, for the goods I imagine they would want you to pay $60 and I think that's a little out of my price range. Still, the stuff that Sony would offer for $60 (I assume the whole list), beats Xbox Live by a mile.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#45 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

I just received an email message while on PSN from a guy (or gal) concerning this. I assume this person is "mass sending" these out (he's not on my friends list).

For some odd reason, it also kicked me out of my B:1943 game with an error as soon as the message appeared.

The email stated Sony will not pursue it if they receive 500,000 protests by 1-12 (the date they will start charging I assume, if this is correct). Not sure if there is any validity in this, but wanted to pass the word (and expect this message to show up in your PS inbox).

I have Xbox Gold and don't really receive anything (occasional gaming now and then, but I mainly use it to watch Netflix movies). I support this effort, however I got my PS3 from GS and a 3 year warranty (as well as other features) would be great!

EDIT/UPDATE: There is credible evidence which suggest this is in fact happening 1-13 (Big System/Maintenance update for the PS3). Also, there seems to be sellers on Ebay who are selling $150 PSN "Professional" cards.

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 10 January 2010 - 04:23 AM.

Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#46 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

Dude its SPAM. Its okay

#47 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:56 AM

I just received an email message while on PSN from a guy (or gal) concerning this. I assume this person is "mass sending" these out (he's not on my friends list).

For some odd reason, it also kicked me out of my B:1943 game with an error as soon as the message appeared.

The email stated Sony will not pursue it if they receive 500,000 protests by 1-12 (the date they will start charging I assume, if this is correct). Not sure if there is any validity in this, but wanted to pass the word (and expect this message to show up in your PS inbox).

I have Xbox Gold and don't really receive anything (occasional gaming now and then, but I mainly use it to watch Netflix movies). I support this effort, however I got my PS3 from GS and a 3 year warranty (as well as other features) would be great!

EDIT/UPDATE: There is credible evidence which suggest this is in fact happening 1-13 (Big System/Maintenance update for the PS3). Also, there seems to be sellers on Ebay who are selling $150 PSN "Professional" cards.

Those same people send out messages about getting into the Halo PS3 beta if you forward it to enough people. It's a load of BS.

#48 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:05 AM

Those same people send out messages about getting into the Halo PS3 beta if you forward it to enough people. It's a load of BS.

This.

I've gotten ten of them and it's stupid. It's like the Crystal Spartan armor all over again. What really annoys me about it most is that everyone in Home was talking about it.

#49 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

I'd actually consider this if the 3 year warranty applied to ANYTHING and they made backwards compatibility available in a full software version, but only if it was like $5 a month.

Anything more than that and they could shove the premium bs up their ass. The way it is, I feel that with these consoles costing more now the warranty should already be a full 3 years from when you first buy it and not the 1 year bullshit that Sony and MS give you with 3 years from MS but only for fucked up hardware.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#50 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know what to make of it.

Like IATCG, I'm in if they offer the 3 year on every part of the console (it just seems like the logical choice for me since I got my 250 from GS). Anything else other than that, screw them.

EDIT: Looks like the newest Game Informer also mentions the 'Premium" service with a $69.99 (WTF!!) price tag. No mention of an extended warranty.

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 15 January 2010 - 10:22 PM.

Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.