Tomb Raider Underworld - $9.78 @ Amazon (PS3)

[quote name='Casteor']Is this game a steal?[/QUOTE]

You can pretty much find it at any retailer for $20 new now-a-days, but at $10 you can say its 50% off :)

[quote name='Casteor']Is this game a steal?[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't quite call it a steal, but it's a decent game, and $10 is a worthy price.

I'm not really a fan of the Tomb Raider series... I did play the original on PS1 years ago, though.
For someone "new" to the series, would this game be fine?

[quote name='Casteor']For someone "new" to the series, would this game be fine?[/QUOTE]It's a continuation from TR:Legends (Which I haven't played either), but TR isn't really hailed for it's story telling so I think you're good.

I bought Table Tennis for the 360 at 10 dollars, I'm going to return that, as I KNOW I can get a better deal on that and use my money to purchase this at this time.

so I bought this game at a playntrade for $7.50 (50% off) and I can say even for that much I still feel disappointed. Uncharted 2 was my favorite game this year and I was looking for something similar and it didnt deliver. The story is not existent except for a 30 second cut scene every hour or so, the combat is horrible, platforming is challenging but you will get stuck alot in this game, I know I got stuck 3-4 times already, there are better games for cheap (Bioshock, Dead Space, Prince of Persia, Fear 2)

Yeah.. not that great. Picked it up for $7.xx at a Target clearance months ago and traded it away immediately after a couple hours.

[quote name='skubish']How can you go wrong for $10. It has above average reviews. I'll stare at Lara's ass for that price.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='Casteor']How much replay value does TR ps3 have after getting all of the trophies and what not?[/QUOTE]
None, assuming get all the treasures while playing on the hardest difficulty and avoid the treasure glitch.

Love tomb raider games. This one felt like it had too many climbing situations in the game. but its a great deal for 10 bucks. But beware of the DLC levels, at 10 bucks for 1 level it wasnt worth it at all.

[quote name='slipkornotpsu']wish it was 360 :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not for 360, but the Amazon product listing says :

"Tomb Raider: Underworld for Nintendo PlayStation 3 by Eidos resumes where Tomb Raider: Legend left off and introduces a new, interactive playing environment"

Nintendo Playstation 3, huh? May not be a 360, but a Nintendo Playstation 3 must be pretty good!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sherisdoppel']
[quote name='QuirkyProduktions']
I bit... I convinced myself that it was worth it since I just picked up Fairytale Fights for free.[/quote]
How?[/QUOTE]

I also would like to know. I liked the demo.

[quote name='Supplice']None, assuming get all the treasures while playing on the hardest difficulty and avoid the treasure glitch.[/QUOTE]

How do you avoid the treasure glitch?

ps3 and pc versions also don't have the extra downloadable content (Beneath the Ashes & Lara's Shadow) that is exclusive to xbox 360

[quote name='tmly']If this is anything like Prince of Persia, I wouldn't pick it up for free.[/QUOTE]

More like Uncharted, but unpolished

[quote name='tmly']Thanks, by that description, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Pass on buying TR at $10?

I might as well.

Was going to jump for the deal, then remembered Uncharted 2 will be here as a gift to myself tuesday:D

It's not a bad game by any means... it's not as polished as Uncharted 2 (or even the first Uncharted) but it's fun even if the graphics are inconsistent (Lara's facial features look really out of place as other characters are becoming more realistic) and the gameplay is a bit glitchy at times.

bread's done
Back