Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#1 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

Posted Image

Amazon - $54.99 (free shipping with free trial running this month)

Main Site

Gametrailers Videos Previews

Release Date
NA | January 5, 2010 (Street Dated)
EUR|AUS | January 7, 2010
ASIA | January 8, 2010

Trophies: http://www.ps3trophi...iders/trophies/

DLC - The Harvester Weapon FREE

The Harvester | Code to unlock exclusive in-game weapon. This powerful weapon belongs to the rider of the pale horse. Its enormous, fearsome blade can cleave through flesh, bone, and even the ethereal demons of Hell. Though its jagged blade is deadly, the power locked within makes its master like unto a god. It can also cut through an aluminum can, and never needs sharpening. Note: The code for unlocking The Harvester is universal. Once you obtain the game, go into the in-game options and choose "Enter Code". Type in the code "The Hollow Lord". This code is space and case-sensitive. After that, the weapon will be available for sale from Vulgrim.

SCORES

9.0|10 - IGN AU "Editor's Choice"
8.5|10 - GameInformer (US)

10|10 - Play Magazine (US)
9.5|10 - PLAYR (UK)
95% - GameVortex
9.3|10 - Hobby Consalas (SP)
9.2|10 - GamePro (DE)
9|10 - GameInformer (AU)
9|10 - Play Gamer (UK)
9|10 - 360 Gamer (UK) "Gold Award"
9|10 - Power Unlimited (NL)
8.8|10 - ConsolPLUS (DE) "Console Best Choice"

Anyone excited for this game? I cant wait till it comes out. Sadly I dont have too much $$ and my job aint going as smooth as I'd like it to be so I cant go buying games like I used to. Will buy probably end of Feb or cheap here.

Also I got a favor to ask CAGers. If you guys are preordering from Amazon(US), could I get your Home code? Im so pissed Im gonna be missing this cool Home avatar outfit thing. Im a huge Home fan but sadly I got other priorities to take care of. For the help, ill be giving out a GOD3 demo code/ModRacers code if Im helped, sorry to be begging :(

Edited by darknight88, 30 December 2009 - 02:05 AM.

#2 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:35 AM

I'm definitely looking forward to this, but the only positive write-ups I've seen of it were in Play magazine...
\\:D/

#3 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

I've seen a few Euro reviews and they seem very positive!! Most are above 8 which is crazy since I thought it wasnt gonna be that great so Im hyped.

#4 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

Dude its like a hybrid of God of War and Zelda... plus Joe Maderia is the designer... total owage

#5 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:44 AM

yup but im afraid it wont do well since Bayonetta is launching on the same day I think. Maybe it will but who knows. Anyone know anything about marketing support?

#6 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:11 PM

pre-ordered from Amazon for $47-ish... looks good enough for me.

#7 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:35 PM

I've already preordered from Best Buy through the Rewards Zone just so that I can get a hold of one of those 7" war figurines... Came out to ~$68 w/ tax and shipping, which kind of sucks, but oh well. The only other place that I believe has the figurine with the preorder is Game Crazy. Anyone else know a good, cheaper alternative for the figurine?

#8 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Well, that's pretty much the price to pay if you want the figurine. I was initially motivated to get the War figurine too, but it's a bit too much, i rather just play the game. Of course, i believe the figurine can fetch some good money on eBay.

#9 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

I put down a $5 pre-order at Gamestop the other day after unloading some games(including 2 copies of Fairytale Fights lmao), as well as a $5 PO on God Of War 3.

Although I'll probably pay off the GOW3 PO and cancel the Darksiders one eventually, since I'm not about to pay MSRP for a game, unless it's with cheap credit from flipping.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#10 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Anyone else preordering from Amazon US??

Also I have to go on media blackout since it sucks not being able to buy day1 :(

#11 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

updated op a bit.

#12 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

Man just saw some previews at IGN/Gaminformer..this game is so cool.

PS:Cmon someone has to help me? I need to get the clothes :(

#13 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

It seems like a game in the same vein as God Of War, so why not just take a wait and see approach on this game or at least put $5-10 down on it, then wait for the reviews to come out for it to make your decision?

Personally, there's just too many games coming out that I either want or may consider buying this next coming year. Besides Darksiders, there's God Of War 3, Dante's Inferno, Bad Company 2, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, etc, etc, etc.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach on these games though, since I'm so used to paying $30 or under for most titles I want that it's just not worth it to spend MSRP on any one game anymore.

Posted Image

#14 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

Free DLC THANX to GAF!

The Harvester | Code to unlock exclusive in-game weapon. This powerful weapon belongs to the rider of the pale horse. Its enormous, fearsome blade can cleave through flesh, bone, and even the ethereal demons of Hell. Though its jagged blade is deadly, the power locked within makes its master like unto a god. It can also cut through an aluminum can, and never needs sharpening. Note: The code for unlocking The Harvester is universal. Once you obtain the game, go into the in-game options and choose "Enter Code". Type in the code "The Hollow Lord". This code is space and case-sensitive. After that, the weapon will be available for sale from Vulgrim.

#15 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:02 AM

GameStop is advertising the Harvester as a pre-order exclusive. Glad to see it's not. I still want to pre-order it there since you get a lot of extras for no charge. And I have a $50 GS gift card.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by icedrake523, 27 December 2009 - 06:29 AM.

#16 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

yea but I heard GS aint giving bonus items anymore due to limited supply and has been depleted or something so those worried about the DLC can preorder away at other places such as Amazon,Gamecrazy.

DLC code is universal!!!

#17 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

I just saw they changed it on the site. I'm gonna try pre-ordering at a store and getting there ASAP. They usually do things first come, first serve.

#18 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

I am more excited about this than Bayonetta and AoT:40th Day, but early March is starting to look really heavy (Yakuza 3, Resonance of Fate and maybe FFXIII), so I may end up holding off so that I can get some of those titles on day one.

#19 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

Thanks OP for the harvester code, i can't wait to play now :)

#20 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

I went to GameStop and asked if they were offering any bonus. The guy said it was the comic and Harvester code. I pre-ordered it and he gave me the comic. It's a comic with some concept art. I'd normally wait for a sale but I have a $50 GS gift card to use. Last year I got $200 and spent almost $160 of it on a DSi bundle a month ago.

#21 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Any news of a demo for this?

#22 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:26 AM

Any news of a demo for this?

Sadly devs have stated no demo is coming, although it was planned at one point. Sucks donky nutts but the Zelda stuff is insta buy for some. Sadly cant buy till Feb.

#23 maximus101

maximus101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

Love subject matter like this so day 1 pick up for me.

#24 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:06 AM

Um I know this aint the official thread but if you guys need more info, let me know.

#25 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

I pre-ordered from my local Gamestop last night and the guy handed me the graphic novel. It's pretty cool.

Now I am debating on whether I should cancel my pre-order or not. The game looks really good but I have a substantial backlog already and not as much time to play games as I'd like.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

DahkX.png

#26 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

I didn't get shit when I pre-ordered this game last week(put the usual $5 down on it), so i guess I'm going to go to the GS I did the PO at and ask where the graphic novel bonus is for my PO.

If they say they have no more, then I cancel, which I was gonna do anyway since this is a GOW clone and only worth about $25 to me.

I'll wait till there's a used copy and it has dropped to $25, which shouldn't take long with the glut of games due out.

Posted Image

#27 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

I didn't get shit when I pre-ordered this game last week(put the usual $5 down on it), so i guess I'm going to go to the GS I did the PO at and ask where the graphic novel bonus is for my PO.

If they say they have no more, then I cancel, which I was gonna do anyway since this is a GOW clone and only worth about $25 to me.

I'll wait till there's a used copy and it has dropped to $25, which shouldn't take long with the glut of games due out.

You're thinking of Dante's Inferno.

#28 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

Yea this game is no GOW clone. Its more of a mix of GOW+DMC with sweet Zelda stuff.

Dante's Inferno is a straight GOW clone. The devs just took all the ideas from GOW and changed textures. Does not deserve to get sales in my book.

#29 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

CheapestG, lol, agree with icedrake, you're thinking about Dante's Inferno :)

Darksider has Zelda elements in it, so it's if you're a Zelda fan, this title can't go wrong. I doubt this title will be $25 within the first few months. I simply dig the characters in this game, good art works! Damn, they should have a LE or something, with art book...

#30 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

Oh between now, there are figures for both Darksider and DI, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from...