Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#181 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

That's what I've been doing, but don't you have to shoot and kill or at least wound the smaller worms? Those have been doing the most damage to me compared to the Stygian itself.

I've shot it about 8-10 times every time it comes up and tries to attack me and exposes it's mouth.

I'm just really getting annoyed with how many shots it's taking. I decided to play on 'easy' and that's even proving to be harder than usual at some spots.

Of course, for every major boss I've managed to use the Chaos form to finish them off, though with Stygian that seems like it might not work out too well.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#182 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Did you buy the bullet upgrade?

#183 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

Did you buy the bullet upgrade?

I think I did, but I'm not sure. I just kind of passed off the gun as something I would use very sparingly in the game.

Posted Image

#184 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

I think I did, but I'm not sure. I just kind of passed off the gun as something I would use very sparingly in the game.

That's the only location I used the gun.

#185 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

I also used it on the prior worm battle, where you first learned how to take them out.

Posted Image

#186 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:40 AM

I bought the upgrade since that's the only point in the game where it's necessary. I figured I might as well get the upgrade when I'd get the most out of it.

#187 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:03 AM

OK. So I was doing it wrong all this damn time. I kept bringing up the targeting reticule to try and 'precise aim'(my aiming sucks btw) and here all I had to do was spam L2 and R2 to auto aim and fire.

<shakes head>

I beat the Stygian handily after trying it the right way.

Posted Image

#188 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:56 AM

OK. So I was doing it wrong all this damn time. I kept bringing up the targeting reticule to try and 'precise aim'(my aiming sucks btw) and here all I had to do was spam L2 and R2 to auto aim and fire.

<shakes head>

I beat the Stygian handily after trying it the right way.

haha, yeah, i was just about to say, there is no need to go into r3 and precision that shit.

i just got done with black thorne. that stage was a pain in the balls.

#189 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:06 AM

@8bitArtist
Yeah one of the game's producers admitted that was the one level they did not play test at all. And clearly it shows. They also claim they had the idea of a portal like mechanism even before portal came out.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#190 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:13 AM

The portal area was one of my favorite!

I read in an interview (Game Informer, I think) that they took out two dungeons due to time and development constraints. I would've loved a longer game.

#191 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

The mystery code has been revealed.(fuckin' finally)

http://community.dar...y-code-revealed

The Mystery Code Revealed!

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:

• A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
  • A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.
  • Click here to receive the 360 version.
  • Click here to receive the PS3 version.
Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."
This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and a disc version 'artbook' for holding onto the code. But I wonder what shipping is going to cost us?

I'm gonna redeem mine in a bit and find out what the shipping is and I'll report back.

EDIT: Shipping is $5 and they automatically add in 'extended download service', which you have to delete to make it $5. Otherwise, it's coming up as $10.

Second EDIT: Under 'details', it's coming up as 'electronic download', so they plan on having people digitally download RF:G? WTF!?!?!?! I'm gonna contact customer service before I complete this transaction cuz there's no way in hell I'm paying for a DD of a game I already own on disc format.

Posted Image

#192 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:44 AM

So anyone have RFG and dont need the extra, could I have the code? Pm so we could work something out.

#193 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

I went through and did the transaction anyway earlier, since I figure there's no way in hell they could make RF:G a downloadable title. So for $5 I'm getting a second copy(already have it) of RF:G that I may just give to my one friend so he can finish the game sometime.

Posted Image

#194 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

I wonder if the Artbook disc is a game disc or a CD.

#195 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

That's a good question and one one of us will surely find out the answer to soon enough.

I hope they didn't get too slammed on this first day of the code being able to be redeemed so those of us(i.e. me) who already redeemed ours can get our nearly free shit sooner.

When my stuff comes in from THQ/Digital River I'll let you guys know if it's an artBOOK or a disc, but from the way it sounded on the blog post it was an artbook on a disc.

I just hope they don't cheap out on the packaging and everything arrives ok.

Posted Image

#196 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:01 AM

UPDATE: I just checked my e-mail and I received the following response from THQ regarding what form each of these extras will be in. I've quoted it below:

Response :

Thank you, Michael, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

While we have not received full info regarding these promos here in this department, we can tell you the following:

The code offers both a hard copy disc of the RFG game, as well as the Darksiders Extras. This disc is mailed to your home address, covered by the $4.99 shipping and handling fee. I'm sorry, this department cannot answer any questions about the fee.

Once the code is entered and the "Send" or "Next" button is hit, the code is then invalid for future use.

At this time we do not have further info, but as we receive more, we will post it on our Support website: www.thq.com/support
If you receive a redemption failure, please provide us with the code for further research.

Best regards,

Jodie G
THQ Customer Support
http://support.thq.com

We hope this will help resolve this inquiry. If it does not, please use the link below to come to our website and add to or clarify your question. You may need to cut and paste the entire link (it may span two lines) into the address line of your web browser.

So there you have it. Pay $4.99 and receive Red Faction: Guerrilla(unsure if it'll come in just a cardboard sleeve like people said GH:VH did) AND the Darksiders Extras disc.

Not a bad deal for a $20-30 game and some extras in a disc format.

Posted Image

#197 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:13 AM

That's a good question and one one of us will surely find out the answer to soon enough.

Obviously if it's a CD, then that content will probably find it's way onto the internet.

I hope RF:G doesn't come in a cardboard sleeve.

#198 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:30 AM

I hope it doesn't come in a cardboard sleeve either. Although I think I have a spare RF:G manual from when I bought it used just before I traded a 120gb 360 hdd I got from Kmart for a new/sealed copy from someone on CAG.

I also have spare PS3 game cases, so all I'd need to do is find a coverart for RF:G if it comes in a cardboard sleeve and I'd have a complete spare copy.

Posted Image

#199 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

LOL I've been stomping the baby spiders in the one level for the last 10 minutes to regain all of my lost health from the one spider mini boss battle and I couldn't stop thinking about the Weird Al song from Robot Chicken "Weasel Stompin' Day"(or whatever it's called).

Pretty much if you're low on health and on the level with the spiders, keep pressing circle to get a bit of health for each one killed via stomping.

Posted Image

#200 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:39 AM

Alright. This 3 beep PS3 restarting glitch or whatever it is starting to really piss me off now.

I've had it happen about 12-14 times so far and it's getting annoying and has ruined any desire I have to finish the game.

It sucks since I'm on the 4th major boss too, but I can't keep playing it if it's going to keep happening when I go to quit out of the game. It doesn't even happen this often with GTA IV, which I used to get that issue with multiple times in a week on my 40gb PS3.

Posted Image

#201 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Glitch? Are you sure it's not your PS3? I've had it happen once on my 60gb when another game froze up and it's never happened on my slim.

#202 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

Definitely has to be your PS3. The only issues I've had with Darksiders is that it's froze maybe 2-3 times. I also had Uncharted 2 freeze one time.

#203 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

yea.. i didn't have any 3-beep issues with the game. I did have this problem with Infamous and PoP though.

#204 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

@Iamthecheapestgamer
If you get the stone skin wrath power and upgrade it fully, you can pretty much turn every major fight into a cakewalk. Just turn it on and go berserk, you'll kill the enemy really quickly, you will have taken minimal damage, and it'll be really easy to regenerate your wrath meter. turned apocalyptic into even more of a cakewalk (abyssal armor helped with that too)

if anyone needs help with the 160 kill aerial predator trophy id suggest using rapid fire, at least before you enter the tunnel. rapid fire can kill the shielded angels with the homing balls REALLY fast, even on apocalyptic difficulty.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#205 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

Figure I'll try again... if anyone still has a Darksiders Amazon Playstation Home preorder code.. let me know >_> I figure someone has one sitting in an inbox unused, looking for a warm and fuzzy home... >_>

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#206 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:25 AM

I just gave one away georox, sorry bro. I shoulda given it to ya sorry heh. Although no one posted to say it was redeemed so it mightve been a lurker or it might have expired.

#207 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

It's alright. I figure a lurker got it, as I don't imagine it expired *that* fast.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#208 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:46 AM

I think what might be happening with the 3 beep thing is the system's hard drive is still running and writing a bit as I'm trying to quit out. I gave it like 30 seconds extra last night before just quitting out right after going to the start screen and I didn't get any 3 beep restart.

Although, it is a known issue and has been reported pretty widely.

I certainly hope it's not my slim PS3, since I just got it this past August soon after they released it. Although I have noticed that the HDD seems to be running a bit more and sounding a bit weird. Unfortunately, I don't think that's covered under Sony's limited bs warranty, since the HDD is considered like batteries in the controllers as a 'consumable' and not covered one bit.:bomb:

Thing is, I don't have the spare cash to 'upgrade' to a different hdd either, so I'm SO fuckin' L if it is the HDD and it goes.

Posted Image

#209 RobMinhas

RobMinhas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

Im gonna tag this thread, havent got a 360 thread so ill probably be in here often.

#210 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

@Iamthecheapestgamer
If you get the stone skin wrath power and upgrade it fully, you can pretty much turn every major fight into a cakewalk. Just turn it on and go berserk, you'll kill the enemy really quickly, you will have taken minimal damage, and it'll be really easy to regenerate your wrath meter. turned apocalyptic into even more of a cakewalk (abyssal armor helped with that too)

if anyone needs help with the 160 kill aerial predator trophy id suggest using rapid fire, at least before you enter the tunnel. rapid fire can kill the shielded angels with the homing balls REALLY fast, even on apocalyptic difficulty.

Interesting... questions:

The stone skin wrath power you spoke of, can it be carried over to the next playthrough? If not, about when in the game you get this power?

The Abyssal Armor, can you carry it over after you beat the game on EASY? Apocalyptic mode is not terrible, but i just want to blast through it.

The rapid fire for the Aerial Predator kills, how do you acquire it? Is it an option in the menu? Or just a rapid fire button function on the controller?