Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#211 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

Game is getting a 90 minute demo by the end of the month. Glad they are giving a decent sized taste to people and not like 10 minutes, which probably wouldn't work for the game.

#212 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

Game is getting a 90 minute demo by the end of the month. Glad they are giving a decent sized taste to people and not like 10 minutes, which probably wouldn't work for the game.

Glad to hear this. I'm on the fence about the game, and am REALLY leaning towards it thanks to the lowered price point on Amazon.

To people that own the game: $28 for it (after promo credit) - good price/great price/definitely well worth it? I've read reviews, but I tend to favor fellow gamers' opinions over 'professional' reviewers. Note: I adore Zelda and God of War :D
Posted Image

#213 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Note: I adore Zelda and God of War :D

You'll love it. It is easily worth $28.
To each his own.

#214 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

Wow at the price. Is this a long term price drop? (39.99 that is)

#215 asaraa

asaraa

Shepard-Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

I think it's a drop, at least at GS, as I just got is used @ 34.99 (my EDGE card expired in January!)
Also found one with a mystery code!

#216 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

Wow at the price. Is this a long term price drop? (39.99 that is)

This is what I'm wondering as well, which is one reason I'm leaning toward getting it. If it's permanent, I could easily just wait until GS does a 20% PS3 coupon so I could burn some of my rarely used GS credit. On the other hand, if it's temporary, it could be quite a bit until it gets a substantial drop (though this is a THQ game)
Posted Image

#217 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

Just got my copy in the mail today, but won't be able to play til tomorrow. Excitement.

#218 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

@Serpentor
I just sent this to Amazon for a trade-in. But I platinum'd it first ;)
1) nothing, i repeat, NOTHING carries over to another playthrough, EXCEPT for the abyssal armor, and you'll be asked specifically if you want to do it.
2) i played and collected everything on normal and used the Abyssal armor on apocalyptic. you can do the same thing for easy. some bosses still hit me for a shitload of damage so i would definitely suggest using the abyssal armor on apocalyptic.
3) for aerial predator, rapid fire is exactly what it sounds like. you just keep hitting the fire button (R2 on the PS3) VERY fast.
Spoiler

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#219 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:56 AM

Anyone feel like the targeting in this game kinda sucks? Camera is also zoomed in too much imo.
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#220 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

Anyone feel like the targeting in this game kinda sucks? Camera is also zoomed in too much imo.

Yeah on both, especially on the latter. War is just a damn tank, and he takes up way too much of the screen. Camera really needed to be back several more feet.

I finished the game a few weeks ago, so I don't fully remember the controls, but I think you targeted and then had to use the stick to change targets, right? I remember thinking it might have worked better to just keep hitting the lock-on button to cycle targets.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#221 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:25 AM

Were you guys playing on the 360? It didn't really bother me with the PS3 controller.

#222 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

How long does this game take to beat? I just got it Yesterday from Gamestop.com and I'd like to beat it and trade it back to Gamestop while the TIV is still high.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#223 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

Depends on if you care about collecting stuff.

#224 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

Well I figure Id just play through the story mode and get a good feel for the game and then trade it in.

Then maybe I'd pick it back up when it hits clearance or during a b2g1.

So just a basic play through without worrying about getting everything in the game done at this point. How long would that take?

Currently Playing

DahkX.png

#225 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:10 AM

eh I'd say maybe 20 hours Dahk. It's a good game, its basically a Zelda game with better combat.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#226 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

eh I'd say maybe 20 hours Dahk. It's a good game, its basically a Zelda game with better combat.

I would say its closer to 14-16 hours. I was around 14.5 hours
Spoiler
right before the final boss, and decided to go back and finish up all the trophies before beating the game. I'm now at about 17 hours, and only have to finish leveling the two weapons before continuing on. I was basically just going straight through the story, and not worrying about doing anything extra, so ymmv.
To each his own.

#227 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:26 AM

It has flashier combat, but not better. The game mechanics are nowhere as polished as Zelda or GoW. Take the camera for example, it is so zoomed in that whenever you see an enemy coming from the behind, they are going to land a hit on you, this is esp the case with larger mobs.
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#228 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:23 AM

I finished in 12 hours. The only thing I went out of my way to collect was the Abyssal Armor; in short, I was playing for the story.

#229 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

I'm liking this game alot right now. The only part I havent liked so far war riding the winged gryphon type creature

Currently Playing

DahkX.png

#230 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

That's the only time you ride on a gryphon.

#231 arrrggghhh

arrrggghhh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

hopefully someone can give me some info on this. i am at the ashlands and the map at the bottom says to kill the stygian. i have ruin and there is a yellow dot where i am supposed to go, but when i go to it, the path is blocked by some kind of rock. i can't break through it, and when i've gone around and around the area and can't seem to find anywhere in. please help! it's pissing me off!

#232 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:52 AM

I'm liking this game alot right now. The only part I havent liked so far war riding the winged gryphon type creature

That part was okay, but you can miss the trophy if you don't do it just right. :bomb:

#233 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Finally beat it. The end was a little confusing but that's because it's been 2 months since I played it (my TV in my dorm is crappy. Wanted to beat this on my big screen at home). The last few seconds of the final scene are pretty awesome.

#234 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Just started playing it. Enjoying it thus far and glad that it was a success for the studio (as their first game).

Anyone have tips on what the best thing to spend souls on is?

#235 AiNoKame

AiNoKame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hah, I honestly don't remember exactly how I spent everything, but I can give you some tips:

I didn't even use all the attacks you can buy for all the weapons, but you need them all for the All Weapons Upgraded Trophy. Don't pay the 1k for the scythe when you can enter the code "The Hollow Lord" (without quotes) in the in-game options menu (accessible from somewhere in your inventory) for a free Harvester scythe.

You don't have to upgrade your Wrath spells all the way for the All Spells Learned Trophy, but you do need to purchase the lvl 1 forms to at least unlock all four Wrath powers. Also, Stoneskin's the only one worth upgrading, I think.

#236 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Anyone want to try and sell me on this game?

I played through the demo and it felt like I was waiting for the Ice Age to end, the three things that came to mind while playing were bland, tedious, and is it ever going to end.

I had to utterly force myself to finish the demo because I knew that if I didn't I would never pick it up again and play through it. Btw, the demo took me about 2 1/2 hours to play all the way and when I was done the first thing I did was delete it and not look back.

But since it is on sale next week for a decent price at Kmart I thought I'd reevaluated my stance. I'm still not convinced it's worth $30, sub-$20 or even at all, maybe in a few years down the road for $10-15, I'd give it a shot. But I still need a reason to buy it, keep it on the list and not scratch it off permanently.

So if anyone has any solid reasons why I should give the full version a chance I'd appreciate it.

I like Zelda and I like GoW, but I really didn't like this...so convince me why I should play it. Please.

#237 vherub

vherub

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

The 1st dungeon is the weakest part of the game, plus, you don't really get a sense of the story/voice acting-which are both strong
darksiders keeps getting better the more you progress, and there are a few characters and items later in the game that really open it up and make you feel powerful
without spoiling anything, there are a few kickass moments towards the end that are well scripted and intelligent

#238 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

I just picked this up a couple of nights ago again, after getting rid of it just before God Of War 3 came out. But I had my PS3 restart on me yet again when I was at the title screen and tried quitting out via pressing the PS button.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#239 inanim8

inanim8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

Played the demo and enjoyed it but gonna wait til it hits $20 with my backlog.

#240 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

I took a break from this game to play FF13 and God of War 3. Now I came back to it but I cant beat the damn
Spoiler

Any pointers?

Currently Playing

DahkX.png