Punch-Out!! Amazon Exclusive Heavyweight Contender Kit $6.98

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Punch-Out-Ama..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261514535&sr=8-1

List Price: $19.99
Price: $6.98 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
You Save: $13.01 (65%)

For those picky gamers that don't like cancer, you might not want to wear the included boxer shorts, as according to the tag: "Warning : The yellow ink printed on the boxers contains traces of a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer."

51ogHwlLI2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This item has been at $6.98 for a while now--Might have something to do with the hilarious/tragic warning label excerpt from the first review: "The yellow ink printed on the boxers contains traces of a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer."

[quote name='BingoBrown']Do you hang a LCD TV around your nuts?[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous!

I hang a plasma...

[quote name='BingoBrown']Do you hang a LCD TV around your nuts?[/QUOTE]

I do now...after I got a terribly painful case of burn-in form the plasma that I had dangling there.

I picked this up during the lightning deal, and it's honestly not a terrible piece of game-related merchandise. I think if the whole 'cancer' thing hadn't come up, it'd certainly sell better.

That being said, I can't even really recommend it for $6.98... it's nice and all, but you'd really just be paying for the King Hippo crown. As someone mentioned, the lightning deal was $2.98, and this is actually just the normal price it's been for a while, so this isn't really a 'deal'.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So, any word on just how awful the "Remedy" bar that comes with this is?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't come with a cancer disclaimer, so it's definitely not the worst part of this kit.

[quote name='007']I picked this up during the lightning deal, and it's honestly not a terrible piece of game-related merchandise. I think if the whole 'cancer' thing hadn't come up, it'd certainly sell better.

That being said, I can't even really recommend it for $6.98... it's nice and all, but you'd really just be paying for the King Hippo crown. As someone mentioned, the lightning deal was $2.98, and this is actually just the normal price it's been for a while, so this isn't really a 'deal'.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it for $3 as well. It's not too bad for a punching bag, chocolate bar, and crown. I'm a little confused by the cancer tag on the boxers, though. The crown looks surprising durable and heavy, I thought it would be a cheaper plastic.

I picked it up for three bucks while it was the lightning deal and after checking it out I'd say it's worth $6.98 if your a fan of Punch-Out. The king hippo crown was better than I expected it to be and my kid loves the desktop punching bag. The other two items, the chocolate bar and the boxers, I took a look and and just left in the box. Even if the boxers didn't cause cancer I'm not sure I would wear them. Seems like tissue paper would provide better warmth and coverage.

Totally worth $3. Might even be worth $7.

The crown is pretty solid and the punching bag is a fun gift. Perfect for White Elephant or Gag Gift.

I'd say don't buy it. I got it the other day and it's a bunch of garbage I wish I didn't spend money on. Only buy it if you want a constant reminder of why you should not make impulse buys.

Got this free with Punchout. I expected the worst, but I have gotten more mileage out of the punching bag and crown than I thought (I like putting random junk on my desk at work).

[quote name='iamthekiller']

For those picky gamers that don't like cancer, you might not want to wear the included boxer shorts, as according to the tag: "Warning : The yellow ink printed on the boxers contains traces of a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer."

[/QUOTE] That seems like an easy fix. Just don't wear these shorts in California.

Actually like 90% products you can buy now anywhere has the same label about California, and ONLY California. I have own 5 products with that label, so you shouldn't skip out on a great deal just because of the label especially when it is only in 1 State out of the entire US and World for that matter.

Living in CA and Los Angeles specifically, I breathe carcinogen everyday so that label really shouldn't be cause for alarm. What prevent me from adding this to my collection is that I just don't fancy keeping a chocolate bar for many years...

Oh god, I need to just get Amazon Prime and get it over with!

Want A Boy and His Blob and need to find a filler... and this is priced perfectly :(

bread's done
Back