Photo
- - - - -

Bayonetta in Sun Prarier, WI (and elsewhere?)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 twstd4lfe

twstd4lfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:01 AM

The games ok, but not worth buying early unless you really want it....trust me a friend of mine picked it up at a Best Buy here in VA Beach and I played 5 mins of it and turned it off, too many damn cutscenes

#62 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:05 AM

Did you check to make sure it's not "pre-order" boxes?

These are actual games. My friend that works at BBY had the same situation. But someone picked up and put all the games in the back.

#63 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

Three people on my Xbox Friends List were playing this the past two days, so people are getting them from somewhere. Didn't bother to ask them where since they weren't close friends. I'll personally only pick this game up from the clearance bin six months from now.

#64 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:24 AM

The games ok, but not worth buying early unless you really want it....trust me a friend of mine picked it up at a Best Buy here in VA Beach and I played 5 mins of it and turned it off, too many damn cutscenes

Where exactly in VA beach? I live in Chesapeake, hopefully its either the one on Independance or on Greenbrier =/. I knew i should have checked today, was within walking distance of one earlier.

#65 twstd4lfe

twstd4lfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

Where exactly in VA beach? I live in Chesapeake, hopefully its either the one on Independance or on Greenbrier =/. I knew i should have checked today, was within walking distance of one earlier.

Independence Blvd but when i went this morning they were pulled and in the back not for sale (co-worker wanted one thought it would have made an awesome gift )

#66 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:29 AM

Bah >_>, guess ill have to check tommorow and see. Thanks for quick reply

#67 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

If you some how managed to find it at BB or Target or whatever, wouldn't the cash register stop you from buying it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't allow a sale if you're trying to buy it before its release date.
Posted Image

#68 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

Depends, i know a guy who was lucky enough to nab a copy of Soul Calibur 4 like a week before release, no problems at all. I went the next day, and couldnt even buy it after getting into an argument with the manager.

K-Marts seems to be one of the few places that never has a "Do not sell before X date" thing going on.

#69 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

Who cares...the demo was crap...I think I would rather play GI Joe than Bayonetta...........nah if it came down to only choosing between those 2 games then I would just put the controller down and go get some cake.
Currently Playing
PS3 - MLB 13 (Go Cubs!)
PS4 - Destiny
X360 - Tiger Woods 2014
XB1 - Titanfall, Madden, Ryse
Recently Beat - Wolfenstein - TNO, Killzone - SF, Fable Anniversary, Splinter Cell - BL, Resident Evil REV, Stick of Truth

#70 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:48 AM

Who cares...the demo was crap...I think I would rather play GI Joe than Bayonetta...........nah if it came down to only choosing between those 2 games then I would just put the controller down and go get some cake.

Dunno what you were playing then, that or you just fail at Video Gaming. The demo i played was possibly the demo for the best game of its kind in the past few years

#71 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

Well whoever TRUs or BB are selling it early then they get my money otherwise I'll just order it from Amazon and bypass all these hassle.

#72 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:52 AM

And just an FYI to everyone, the game currently has a 94 on Metacritic, including a couple of perfect scores from EDGE and Famitsu.
Posted Image

#73 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

I'd love to find this game early anywhere in the Houston area, if you've seen it or see it in the future before the 1/5 release date send me a PM! Game is looking like GotY for me for 2010 already.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#74 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

Interesting. I just checked the item availability on the Best Buy website and it says that the 360 version is available at 6 of the nearest Best Buys here in NC. I may have to look into this.

Where in NC are you located?

#75 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:14 AM

You guys should just try BB's in-store pick-up thing. Every single store nearby me is showing as available.

Sega may have given them the okay to break the date, they did with the Saturn a while ago. Maybe this is a tactic to get more positive opinions out there?

I'm wondering if I should pick this up now or a few months from now when it'll drop in price due to selling poorly...

#76 Fount

Fount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:17 AM

You guys should just try BB's in-store pick-up thing. Every single store nearby me is showing as available.

Sega may have given them the okay to break the date, they did with the Saturn a while ago. Maybe this is a tactic to get more positive opinions out there?

I'm wondering if I should pick this up now or a few months from now when it'll drop in price due to selling poorly...

It shows available for all pre-orders.
The BEST Gaming Deal Twitters:
CAG - http://www.twitter.com/videogamedeals
BankruptGamer - http://www.twitter.com/bankruptgamer

#77 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

It shows available for all pre-orders.

Wish I had read that before placing my order, haha. Fff...

#78 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:35 AM

Dunno what you were playing then, that or you just fail at Video Gaming. The demo i played was possibly the demo for the best game of its kind in the past few years

Just finished the 1st chapter and my only complaint is the cutscenes run a bit long. Some of them are incredible though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:45 AM

haha shit yeah brah i herd that. yo i hit u up we play sum perfect dark zero deathmatch later

#80 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

Can't wait to get Bayonetta when it comes out.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png