Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

• Please log in to reply
2157 replies to this topic

#1411 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:33 AM

Ugh...I actually have to track down these codes now? That sucks...

#1412 Deadpool

Deadpool

I club baby seals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:57 AM

Like you said, you wish it would show game type stats... I played probably half of my gameplay playing Squad DM with randoms i.e. team help near impossible. Rush/Conquest is way easier to get team stats.
Also, looking at classes, your observation doesn't hold as it seems we both play "team" stats equally...
Medic - you have played two more hours than me yet i have slightly more the medic kits heals.
Assault - I played twice as much yet I have a little more than double the amount ammo supplies.
Recon - I played twice as much yet I have more than double the motion mines plus I have double the mortar strikes.

I have 200 more revives than you. I don't spam out med kits/ammo like most in this game to rack up free points.

You have 3 times the playtime on engineer and yet are barely above me in repairs. You sure do spam mines a lot though.

Recon, well i use the mortars for vehicles not infantry so that will definitely beef up your kill stats, but there's nothing wrong with that. As for the motion mines, i always forget i have them :lol:

:beer:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1413 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

I have 200 more revives than you. I don't spam out med kits/ammo like most in this game to rack up free points.

You have 3 times the playtime on engineer and yet are barely above me in repairs. You sure do spam mines a lot though.

Recon, well i use the mortars for vehicles not infantry so that will definitely beef up your kill stats, but there's nothing wrong with that. As for the motion mines, i always forget i have them :lol:

:beer:

I might spam med kits like others do but I don't spam ammo. I only drop them when I see people in need, which I wish more people would do for me. And yes, you do more revives. Most of the games I play are littered with medics so getting a revive, means you need to be next to people dying (which I am normally not around) since other medics will get the revives.

For Engineer, I don't follow vehicles hoping for repairs. I only do them if they are in my area. Plus, most of the time the vehicles I am in either A) never get touched or B) get completely destroyed. Most of my work is on the defensive side. I go for vehicle kills via mines. Once my mines are down, then I switch to rockets for heli kills. Spamming them takes more effort than you think since I place them in very good areas (i.e. not just all in the base); never too far from being able to get back to disarm m-coms if needed.

I only use Mortar for the following:
1) When attacking... I drop mortar on freshly armed m-coms. This helps teams by not having people able to disarm them.
2) In addition (on maps that have it), I drop them on m-com station homes to drop the house. I hardly ever (.01%) play recon on defense as they are a waste of space.
3) Taking out Heavy MGs.

#1414 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

But I bet I can piss farther than either of you.

#1415 TheCapn010

TheCapn010

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

:applause:

#1416 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

But I bet I can piss farther than either of you.

:lol:

This is probably really bad, but I'll drop out of a game now right at the end if we're about to lose, I'm sick of having a shitty win loss ratio. I'll bet a lot of other people do the same.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1417 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Ugh...I actually have to track down these codes now? That sucks...

Enjoy.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=259219

#1418 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

Sweet, no more stupid Red Beret headshot magnet.

#1419 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

I must say, since I havn't unlocked the M16A2, I am a freaking monster with it. I love the gun so much. Also, I don't really mind losing. It's all part of the game anyways. I get more pist at how people boast about there K/D ratio.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1420 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

This game is brutal when the attackers dont actually attack. I wish they made a way to make them continue moving forward.

#1421 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Enjoy.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=259219

Already taken care of last night, but thanks.

#1422 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

Sweet, no more stupid Red Beret headshot magnet.

The new kits were bad luck for me.

I seriously got my ass-handed to me so hard last night, to the point where I was like WTF is going on? I wasn't even pissed, just confused at how bad I was doing.

This guy knifed me literally 4x in a row on Snow Pass. I also felt like the FOV had changed? But I know that's not true. But something just felt way off about how the game felt, and it showed in how shitty I did.

I then started to play Chime, where I proceeded to get shit on even more. I thought to myself, "IDK what's going on." and shut off the 360 and went to bed.

#1423 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

I was wary of getting it at first. I had the first Battlefield: Bad Company and the online gameplay was horrible and the single player was repetitive and not exciting. However, they seemed to have realized their mistakes from the first game and changed it all up because this has been awesome! I loved it after the first 20 minutes of playing.

#1424 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

I really want to believe that people cannot honestly be as stupid as they appear when they use tanks in this game. I have to believe they are just being jerks, because if people are honestly this stupid, I fear the rest of my days.

And I want to amend something I said earlier. I am now sort of in favor of increasing the speed of the tracer dart. It is definitely possible to hit a transport chopper. An attack chopper with a skilled pilot, though, is impossible, and they can just circle around, way above you, and just reign down hell.

#1425 Schmackledorf

Schmackledorf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

I really want to believe that people cannot honestly be as stupid as they appear when they use tanks in this game. I have to believe they are just being jerks, because if people are honestly this stupid, I fear the rest of my days.

What are they doing?
Posted Image

#1426 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

And I want to amend something I said earlier. I am now sort of in favor of increasing the speed of the tracer dart. It is definitely possible to hit a transport chopper. An attack chopper with a skilled pilot, though, is impossible, and they can just circle around, way above you, and just reign down hell.

The only ones I have problems with are the ones that go up and down as they circle (I only see this 1% of the time). To me that doesn't validate increased tracer dart. In addition to the ways I use to take them down (that I mentioned previously), I also go tank gunning... you can take any chopper down faster than it can take you down in a T90 or Bradley.

Speaking of which... my buddy and I are great with the chopper but yesterday someone got one of the best shots I have ever seen against me... he shot the T90 rocket from the between the first and second area of Port Valdez (around where A had stood) while we were flying over between the third and fourth area (around the silos in the back; we were cleaning up the side road). It was an instant kill when we were at 100% health. So it isn't impossible.

#1427 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

I then started to play Chime, where I proceeded to get shit on even more. I thought to myself, "IDK what's going on." and shut off the 360 and went to bed.

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1428 Magicking610

Magicking610

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Is it just me, or did everyone get really good overnight?
Posted Image

#1429 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

I chose the 3 minute mode....and only got like an extra 30 seconds :(

#1430 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

Wow, that is SO Quote worthy. Thanks! :applause: :lol:

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

#1431 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Looks like achievements are finally up.

Also, I'm loving the M95 + red dot sight. I'm close enough to use motion sensors and I can usually hit a guy dead center while under fire.

#1432 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm guessing they updated Xbox.com, but the achievements still don't unlock, unfortunately.

#1433 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

For fans of Dice's games, you will be somewhat rewarded in the new Medal of Honor. Those that have played a "new copy" (ie, you entered a VIP code) of Bad Company 2 will get automatic access to the M24 in MoH.

#1434 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

can someone help me out/answer

I got an elite back from repair center. I have yet to play BFBC2 (or any ea game). I made an EA account and used the Dr Pepper promo to get the 4 dlc kits. Now do I need to use the vip code for these kits to download. also how does EA dlc work since I didn't buy these kits via msp or used a 25 character xbox code. my main concern is drm issues, especially if I might get another 360 down the line

#1435 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

The Dr. Pepper "DLC" kits are really like unlock codes. They are tied to your Gamertag, and once you get them, the kits are unlocked next time you play BC2. So, there wouldn't be a DRM issue.

#1436 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

okay thanks. I'm guessing since games are on servers map packs don't have to be dl (in ref to the vip maps and future ones). does one have to be connected to LIVE to play any map/mode they want?

#1437 TheCapn010

TheCapn010

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

No, the VIP maps don't have to be downloaded, just unlocked.

You need to be connected to LIVE to play multiplayer.

#1438 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

I never got my Demolition Man achievement :-(

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#1439 jedi_dad

jedi_dad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

I have 18 Dr. Pepper caps to give away if anyone needs codes for the DLC.

#1440 TheCapn010

TheCapn010

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

For the alt costumes/weapon camo jedi_dad? I'll bite