Target Weekly Ad: 12/27/09 - 1/2/10

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
TV on DVD Sale Prices

$24.99
Glee S1

$26.99
United States Of Tara S1

Bold above indicates new releases available Tuesday, December 29th.

$17 each
Dexter S3
True Blood S1
The Office S5
The Big Bang Theory (can't see which season, but I assume the newest)

$9.99 each
Sex & The City S1-6

$12.99 each
Arrested Development S1-3

$14.99 each
Family Guy Vol. 1-7
24 S1-6
How I Met Your Mother S1-4

$17.99 each
House S1-5
Heroes S3
Weeds S1-4
Mad Men S2
Monk S7
Psych S3
Battlestar Galactica S4.5

$19.99 each
Grey's Anatomy S5
Nip Tuck S5 P2
The Simpsons S12
Sons Of Anarchy S1

DVD/Blu-ray

• Paranormal Activity - $15.99/$24.99
  • Jennifer's Body - $14.99/$24.99
  • 9 - $24.99 (Blu-ray)

$17 - Blu-ray
  • The Hangover
  • Public Enemies
  • Terminator Salvation
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

**also some great TV on DVD prices!!!

**Thanks and credit to snausages at DVDTalk**

Last edited by a moderator:
sooo sweet!! Getting Jeniffer's Body maybe..definitely Big Bang S2 and that Grey's S5 for $20! Not going to PM that either b/c Target has exclusive bonus footage and the full episodes of Private Practice where it crossed over. $60 or however much they normally charge is ridiculous for DVD..

and, what's that? they advertising all seasons of Weeds now! two weeks too late, FML!

Man, after I got spoiled by the $5 Target web coupon, its hard going back to MSRP or paying for a BluRay >$15. *Sigh*

Thanks anyways OP.

True Blood & The Office S5 for $17 each sounds nice. I really shouldn't add to my TV-DVD backlog anymore, but that's the lowest these will go for quite some time.

Is it just me or does $25 for Paranormal and 9 Blu-ray seem high for opening day??

Guess I too have gotten used to the $5-15 off via coupons. ;)

[quote name='blockbusterdude']Just added smaller ad scans.

Sorry for the huge scan posted earlier...[/QUOTE]And just removed them.

We can't have hotlink ad scans around here. Good way to get Target to serve us with a cease-and-desist.

You can link them off of CAG, just not hotlink them.

Next time, please post the entire contents of the ad, just not the BR and BR / DVD counterpart prices.

question. can't we buy the hangover today for $15 after coupon $20 regular then go back and get the price adjusted next week to $17 regular $12 after coupon?

From what I remember, The Office S5 and True Blood S1 are among the $17 TV on DVD sets. That's a HUGE discount on True Blood, as it's usually $54.99 just about everywhere.

TV on DVD Sale Prices

$24.99
Glee S1

$26.99
United States Of Tara S1

Bold above indicates new releases available Tuesday, December 29th.

$17 each
Dexter S3
True Blood S1
The Office S5
The Big Bang Theory (can't see which season, but I assume the newest)

$9.99 each
Sex & The City S1-6

$12.99 each
Arrested Development S1-3

$14.99 each
Family Guy Vol. 1-7
24 S1-6
How I Met Your Mother S1-3

$17.99 each
House S1-5
Heroes S3
Weeds S1-4
Mad Men S2
Monk S7
Psych S3
Battlestar Galactica S4.5

$19.99 each
Grey's Anatomy S5
Nip Tuck S5 P2
The Simpsons S12
Sons Of Anarchy S1

Shrike, can you add that to the OP?

House S5, Dexter, and Nip Tuck will all be mine. Good thing the sale is after Christmas so I'll be able to use some of the gift cards I'm assuming I will get. Good price on True Blood. I bought it for $20 on Black Friday but this deal is even better.

[quote name='xbox_mole']If that Red Plum coupon is still good that would make Public Enemies $14.99 after coupon.[/QUOTE]
That expired today.

[quote name='JJSP']That expired today.[/QUOTE]

Redplum PE coupon expires the 27th. ;) You will have one day to get it for $14. ;)

I saw The Hangover for $19.99 at Blockbuster, if you could get them to accept the manufacturer coupon it would be $17. Better than paying cash at Target if you have credit to burn :)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']How is How I met Your Mother Season 4 not on sale, yet season 3 of Psych and season 7 of Monk are?

:/[/QUOTE]

But it is on sale.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm, I just bought The Hangover for 19.99 with 5 dollars off. I wonder if I could get them adjust the base price. I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to see if I can get the expired coupon to work at some point next week.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm going to see if I can get the expired coupon to work at some point next week.[/QUOTE]

I tested it yesterday, and it still scanned fine.

OP didnt mention Season 4 of How I Met Your Mother in his post. That's good news though. Hopefully I get my check Friday and not Monday due to the holidays.

The Target $5 off Blu Ray coupon still works, at least it did for me the day after Christmas. Of course, YMMV as the expiration date is clearly on the top of the coupon. Although I "accidentally" cut that top portion off on the one I used on the 26th.

Picked up Harry Potter: HBP today for $12 today using the coupon, so I can verify that it still will scan in the system, but it is just a matter of employees caring or not.

[quote name='karkyco']The Target $5 off Blu Ray coupon still works, at least it did for me the day after Christmas. Of course, YMMV as the expiration date is clearly on the top of the coupon. Although I "accidentally" cut that top portion off on the one I used on the 26th.[/QUOTE]

Yup, worked toady for me no problem.
Gremlins on Blu-ray is $17 right now at Target & with the coupon I got it for $12:)

This week's Target ad only shows four Blu-rays on sale for $17 but there are many many more on sale for $17....

All are clearly marked on the shelves. So, go nutz!!

• 16 Blocks
  • 2001: A Space Odysey
  • A Christmas Story
  • Batman Begins
  • Beetlejuice
  • Blood Diamond
  • Blow
  • Body of Lies
  • Bucket List
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still
  • The Departed
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • Good Fellas
  • Grand Torino
  • Gremlins
  • The Hangover
  • Harry Potter 1-6
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • Inkheart
  • Marley & Me
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  • Ocean's 13
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Polar Express
  • Public Enemies
  • Quantum of Solace
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • Taken
  • Terminator Salvation
  • Troy
  • Twister
  • V for Vendetta
  • Valkyrie
  • Watchmen

**credit & thanks to csab at Blu-ray.com**

Haha this is my thread from bd.com. Thanks for the cred OP :D
[quote name='fart_bubble']Pan's Labyrinth is probably the only on the list I would pick up[/QUOTE]Yeah most of the prices weren't that great.

Does anyone know the pricing history for TROY? Curious of the price during the $5 Target coupon event.

[quote name='Interfeci']Of course it works. YMMV on if they let you use it, though.[/QUOTE]

do you know this for a fact? some people are reporting it rings up as expired as of yesterday

[quote name='Rob26Smith']do you know this for a fact? some people are reporting it rings up as expired as of yesterday[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just used it today. And yesterday, actually. If people report that it rings up expired, I suppose the coupons also end up being YMMV.

Hmmm, nothing on the list that I'd buy for $12 that I don't already have.

Great price for The Hangover though. Troy, Departed, Watchmen and a bunch of others wouldn't be bad for $12 either, if I didn't already have them. V for Vendetta is $9 at Costco still.

What really pisses me off is that Sin City is $30 at Target. Come on now...

This week's Target ad only shows four Blu-rays on sale for $17 but there are many many more on sale for $17....

6a01240b85cc45860e0123f18f42ff860f-pi

All are clearly marked on the shelves. So, go nutz!!

• 16 Blocks
  • 2001: A Space Odysey
  • A Christmas Story
  • Batman Begins
  • Beetlejuice
  • Blood Diamond
  • Blow
  • Body of Lies
  • Bucket List
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still
  • The Departed