Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) GameStop Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/26 thru 12/27.

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

^

My gamestop has the shittiest selection ever. Their DS is ALRIGHT, but PS3 has old shit and most of them are priced maybe at Amazon's NEW.

I would say that thew newest USED for PS3 was maybe DBZ, the new one that came out
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#182 lude21

lude21

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:56 AM

Considering the stores were pretty bare i managed to get what i wanted-

Infamous
Hawx
KH 358/2 days
Posted Image
Posted Image

#183 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:57 AM

Damn, online stock is always out and in store stock is crap without decent cases or manuals now. I want it to go back the way it was now.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#184 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

don't buy from gamestop.com guys. my ps2 discs were all resurfaced...

yes and very very poorly...

these are the store refurbs that they toss into a cardboard box, mail to WH and then clean them off with sandpaper I believe.

#185 armor

armor

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:55 AM

Soo I got from gamestop.com: RE4 gamecube and Star Wars Ultimate Sith Edition for Xbox 360... all the discs look like shit, I'm about to test them out... also, they both have white stickers on the cover, I peeled these off, and under the white stickers is Gamestops yellow stickers that say "Defective - Return to WH" .

I'm guessing these were refurbs that never actually got refurbed...
I'm about to test them out, but seriously these discs look ugly, not to mention Gears of War 2 GOTY edition case was cracked during shipping, I'm pretty pissed off right now

edit: I also just ordered 3 old 360 games (gears1, condemned1, the darkness) using a $20 coupon... is this all gonna be defective junk too?

that happened to me a few weeks ago when i ordered a game. i sent them an e-mail asking them if that is the way they do business by knowingly sending a defective game from their distribution center. they shot an e-mail back apologizing and told me they were sending a replacement game that day. they didn't ask me to return the other game, so i might have two copies of it now. i never checked the first one, but seeing the defective sticker pissed me off enough to not even look. try what i did, and they should be able to help you out.

#186 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

^
One would think that they use sandpaper to clean the discs, but they actually use sewer water and hope for the best.
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#187 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:32 AM

yep not working online now :(

#188 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

I know i didnt get FULL value from this but:

Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Metal gear solid 4

came to about 70 bucks so im pretty happy since all 3 i heard were sick games.

Also got AC2 part of the 49.99 promo :D

#189 donkeed157

donkeed157

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

I got:

The Bigs 2 - PS3
Street Fighter IV - PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - PS3

Dead or Alive 4 - 360
Madden 09 - 360
Contra Shattered Soldier - PS2

Also, picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - PS3 at my local game shop for $15. :)

#190 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:59 AM

that happened to me a few weeks ago when i ordered a game. i sent them an e-mail asking them if that is the way they do business by knowingly sending a defective game from their distribution center. they shot an e-mail back apologizing and told me they were sending a replacement game that day. they didn't ask me to return the other game, so i might have two copies of it now. i never checked the first one, but seeing the defective sticker pissed me off enough to not even look. try what i did, and they should be able to help you out.

thanks, I'm gonna give that a shot.

which address did you email?

edit: sent an email to orders@gamestop.com, in regards to the two defective items and the damaged copy of Gears of War 2, which I've been meaning to contact someone about.

Edited by iNFiNiTE HORiZON, 28 December 2009 - 07:16 AM.

#191 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

This happened to me in the Dreamcast days. Ordered NBA 2k2 and it was scratched to death. They sent me another copy (took about 25 days to arrive) and didn't ask for the damaged one back.

But every since then I vowed never to order from their website again.

#192 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

I got MW2, Forza 3 and Manga Carta 2. MC2 I think I over paid for, but I kinda wanted it. I really doubt it worth 54.99, but since it was the free game it not so bad.

#193 mitemouse

mitemouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

was a pretty good run at gamestop.. i got
MX vs ATV: Reflex (PS3) x 2
Modern Warfare 2 (360)
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Left 4 Dead 2
Assassin Creed 2 (PS3)

but i did run into the laziest gamestop employees ever.. I got there around open which was 10:30 am and there were probably three customers and three employees total in the store.. So i do my $20 promo trade ins and get a bunch of credit. so as i am doing my trade ins, i ask about the games that i came for which were MW2, AC2 and LFD2. she checks the computer and tells me they are all in stock used ..so i find AC2 for 360 and i also want it for PS3 and can not find the rest on the shelf.

so i ask a guy employee if he can help me find AC2 for PS3.. He says there are about 300 games in the back that havent been processed yet from the yesterdays trade ins.. and gives me the look like he doesnt want to go look for them.. I just stare back at him and wait, till he finally says he will go check.. well he didnt give me enough time to also tell him to search for MW2 and LF2 also.
10 minutes later he comes back with my game and hands it to the girl cashier.. I also tell the girl i want MW2 or LFD2.. she says let me go find them and looks on the shelf and then tells me she cant find it. I tell her i know there atleast 300 games in the back cause that guy just told me. she ask the guy if he saw them back there and he says no right away.. and then i ask her to please check because if im buying 54.99 games i want them all to be in that price range... she then tells me he has a great memory and would remember.. so she wont check.. so i grab Fifa 10 as a filler and had her call another GS to hold LFD2..
so pay and pick up LFD2 from the other GS.. I check the discs and there is a huge crack that ran down the center of AC2 for 360.. so i had to return to lazyville GS.. pick Sabuteur as a filler to trade to a third GS..

when i finally get to the third GS i find all the games i wanted and then more.. so i am happy now.. :D

I really dont know why the hell those employees were being so stupid and lazy.. maybe they wanted to keep the games for themselves or were told not to sell them during b2g1.

but i was happy to take some of their better titles lie Sabuteur and fifa 10 from there store and give them to a more deserving GS..