What was your cheap ass christmas deal?

BlindPete

CAGiversary!
What was the cheap ass deal of Christmas for you this year? Mine would have to be a neo geo 4 slot mvs arcade machine for 200 bucks off craigslist. It came with baseball all stars 2, king of fighters 95, football frenzy and bust a move again.

the cabinet is in great shape and everything works, how did you all do?

Dayum, that's one whale of a find.

My cheapass Christmas gift would be all three Lord of the Rings 2006 widescreen DVD special editions with the theatrical and extended cuts for $5 each.

My cheapass Christmas gift to myself would be F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate for PC for $5.

I don't know if you'd call it "cheap," but I got a new Canon Rebel T1i (with 55mm lens), a 250mm lens, and Pixma Pro9000 Mk. 2 photo printer at a real good price from Amazon after instant and mail-in rebates.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I don't know if you'd call it "cheap," but I got a new Canon Rebel T1i (with 55mm lens), a 250mm lens, and Pixma Pro9000 Mk. 2 photo printer at a real good price from Amazon after instant and mail-in rebates.[/QUOTE]

How do you like the T1i? I've been eyeing it. The Youtube reviews of the HD video looks great, but I would like to have some hands on impressions. Also how's the picture quality? I'm really interested in night time shots and the amount of red eye you're getting.

Myself...I jumped on the Walmart Xbox arcade/2 games/ 12 months of live for 270 to replace my RROD'd xbox.

[quote name='Chuplayer']
My cheapass Christmas gift would be all three Lord of the Rings 2006 widescreen DVD special editions with the theatrical and extended cuts for $5 each..[/QUOTE]
I think I still have those sealed from BF. I kept telling myself I'd get around to watching them.

i suppose my best deal this December was due to a mistake during a BBY price match that they refused to fix.

The week that Spirit Tracks came out, TRU was doing a Buy 1, get one 50% off deal. I went to BBY to ask them to price match it.. decided to get the new Might and Magic game (MSRP $30) along with Zelda (MSRP $35).. however, M&M was already $10 off... I really wanted the game, and decided to buy them anyway. I expected a $35 game at full price, and one game at $15 -- if they followed their own policy, they should have given me the discount based on M&M's normal price, which means I only should have saved $5.

It was busy in the store, and I was tired, so I wasn't paying much attention throughout the checkout process. I had a bunch of reward zone and some other purchases, so I just smiled and nodded through the total. The cashier handed me the receipt and, after I tossed it in and tied my bag (it was snowing, didn't want the stuff to get wet) I, as an aside, asked the cashier if she gave me $5 or $10 off my total. She responded, "That one (M&M) was on sale, so I just took half off of the other one (Zelda)".

I stared at her for a few seconds, and asked "Are you sure you don't want to fix that?".. She said "No", and they kind of just waved me off because they were busy. I thanked them and went home. Sure enough, she took $18 off Zelda for some reason.

So.. rather than spending:
$35 + $15 - saving me $15 on the pre-discount total of $65 (23%),

I spent:
$17 + $20 - saving me $28 on the pre-discount total of $65 (43%)

That's my best deal for the month, so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mirror Edge ps3 Target,
2 of them for $10 (with coupon)

Saints Row 2 ps3 Best Buy
2 for $10 (with coupon)
Both of them one for me one for a friend for christmas

:) I was happy and so is he.

I got in on the MS store deal and got the MW2 360 console, 5x Dragon Age, 5x AC2, 5x 3month live for about $450 after tax. Used the live cards to extend my membership into late 2011 and sold the games, netting me a free 360.

I got CorrosiveFrost last year's Burton X8 snowboard. Still brand new, just leftover from last season. Normally it retails for almost $800. I got it @ 70% off.

We ordered our Christmas deal in October. 5 days in Paris Las Vegas for $0.00 with $459 for 2 round trip tickets. 5 days in Vegas for $459? Yes please.

Leaving on Jan 31st! :wave:

Wow, OP. awesome find.

bestbuy - saints row 2x3 - $5 a piece
bestbuy - buzz quiz tv w/ 4 buzzers - $40
bestbuy - uncharted w/ DS3 - $48
amazon - simpsons scene it deluxe editionx3 - $8 a piece

that was the best i could do this year

I got my cousin a $5 skateboard with plastic trucks and wheels from Wal-Mart on Black Friday that broke the second he attempted an ollie.

Beat that.

[quote name='lilboo']We ordered our Christmas deal in October. 5 days in Paris Las Vegas for $0.00 with $459 for 2 round trip tickets. 5 days in Vegas for $459? Yes please.

Leaving on Jan 31st! :wave:[/QUOTE]
How did you get the free room?

Lost S1-S5 for $108 ($68 after the two rebates).

I'm also interested in teh T1i, but might just get the XSi. The only real difference from what I can tell is the T1i shoots 1080p movies and has a higher pixel count on the LCD.

bread's done
Back