Target Clearance Thread XVI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4371 replies to this topic

#31 Mike Toole

Mike Toole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:35 PM

Um, good luck . . . those two have been long gone from most Targets for a little while now, and any copies that were left anywhere have probably been sucked up by all of the extra people who were drawn in by the sale ad. If there's any chance at all that you might get them, I wouldn't put off going any longer than you have to.

I actually just now took a gander at the flyer. That's pretty funny, most of those games actually went out the week before the ad hit, so yeah, they've vanished by now.

One tip: since they're pictured in the flyer, you might could get a pricematch. I myself am tempted to see if Sears will play ball on a $9.98 Wrestlemania.
Posted Image

#32 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

One tip: since they're pictured in the flyer, you might could get a pricematch. I myself am tempted to see if Sears will play ball on a $9.98 Wrestlemania.

It's worth a shot, but most places have in their price-match policies that they won't match clearance prices, so you'll have to get lucky and get a cashier/manager/whatever who either doesn't notice that the ad says clearance or doesn't know the rules.

#33 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

Erm, maybe I completely misread the ad, but I don't think it was an "extra" half-off clearance games, rather merely that they were advertising clearance games at "half-off regular prices". Of course, that was enough to get all of the soccer moms who don't know any better to go out in droves and pick everything clean.

That being said, there was nothing listed in that ad which hadn't been on the shelves at those prices for the last several weeks anyway, so I'm hoping that they didn't add anything new. I had been waiting for Wario Land to drop again, but after seeing that ad I just went ahead and grabbed a $20 copy at Gamestop instead. Other than that, there wasn't much in the current batch left that I was all that interested in anyway.

Nope, you read it right. There's no additional percentage off - it's just the normal clearance prices.

#34 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

Thanks, Shrike for adding the little Target icon. I always forget.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#35 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Assassins Creed 360 was $4.98 at my Target last week.

#36 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

FOS, The Singstar COUNTRY bundle is a PS2 game not 3.

#37 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

Ahh that new target clearance smell.

Too bad the targets in Vacation land are so picked clean the only thing left are Girlz titles.

#38 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, the Merrillville store is picked clean with the exception of a few Lego Batman for PC.

However, just got back from the Valparaiso location and walked out with a :ps3: SingStar SingStore Vol. 2 bundle for $14.98. Happy camper, even though I'll play it when there's nobody around. ;)

EDIT: I noticed that this wasn't on the list. It actually dropped from 30% straight to 75%. DPCI is 207-24-0195, there's also about two or three more of these bundles left.

Edited by Regian, 29 December 2009 - 06:00 PM.
DPCI

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#39 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

my store is picked clean.

all they left was Monsters vs Aliens for PS2 :(

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#40 revsmitty

revsmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

Chantilly and Reston VA stores were picked clean today other than 1 lonely copy of Saints Row 2 and Devil May Cry 4 for $14.98. (PS3)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

I had a dream the other night the clearance endcaps at my Target had been removed..... I should probably go and check right ?
Posted Image

#42 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

Bionic Commando - $24.xx
DS
Guitar Hero bundle - $45.xx (I think. it's $40-something) TONS of copies at my local Target though

Like everyone else, it's pretty much cleaned out.
Posted Image

#43 TheMadMonk

TheMadMonk

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Love that new thread smell!

#44 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

One Target that a month ago had the largest clearance I've ever scene is completely gone no red tags everywhere. Replaced with $40 dollar copies of Halo 3 and Resident Evil 5. Sadly this was the site of my best finds.

Went to another Target mostly picked though but still had red tags. Found an out of system Boom Blox for $7.XX and picked that up with no hesitation.

Target really is the only place I CAG anymore and all the videogame sections are pretty bare in general even the $20 dollar 360 games were pretty much cleaned out after BF and Christmas. Thats good though it was mostly content I didn't want even tho I'm pist about missing out on $12.XX RB2

Good luck everybody in 2010

#45 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

Manage to find Resident Evil 5 (PC) not at the clearance section but back at the PC section for $12. Also it stood out with the red sticker and kind of worn out plastic wrap.

#46 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

Looks great FoS! Thanks so much for your hard work!

#47 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

I just picked up the Singstar Vol 2 bundle for 14.98 at my local Target.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#48 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

Went to the Bergen Mall (Town Center, or whatever they call it now) Target. They probably had over 50 copies of The Godfather II in the end cap, along with a few copies of Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3 and a copy of Bionic Commando. Everything else (Pre-Christmas) was gone. I then went to the case to see what was there, and there was another 12 copies of Godfather II. I don't know who had the great idea of buying so many copies, but hopefully they will last until the price drops to single digits. The trip wasn't a complete lose though, on my way out I picked up a box of fruit snacks for $1.72.

#49 Civickid96

Civickid96

Signals Analyst Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

Absolutely NADA over at the Sunnyvale Target.

I haven't been back here in months and I see that they no longer have glass cases but rather lots of plastic containers containing all the new releases outside the floor.

Oh well, will see what's new when I return to Georgia.

--Michael
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 hungryheepo

hungryheepo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

ahh fresh smell of a new thread...:)

#51 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

Iron Man for PS3 is on clearance? Have not seen such game in Target in months.

Here are some DPCI:

:360:
[207-22-0292] Rock Band 2

:ps3:
[207-24-0118] Incredible Hulk
[207-24-0102] Midnight Club: Los Angeles
[207-24-0296] Mini Ninja
[207-24-0181] Mortal Kombat vs. DC
[207-24-0174] Resistance 2
[207-24-0092] WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 Featuring ECW
[207-24-0042] Transformers: the Game
[207-24-0096] Unreal Tournament III

:pc:
[201-02-0508] Demigod

Sadly, most of these are seen before Christmas and were not seen again.

Edited by thunder_gamer, 30 December 2009 - 01:19 AM.

#52 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

I picked up High School Musical 3 Sing It, with Mic on PS3 for 7.48 today.

#53 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:44 AM

how does that thread work I dont get it

Basically, the games listed on the first post of this thread have been found by fellow CAG members as being on clearance at Target stores nation-wide. Now, with this knowledge, you can hit up your local store and locate the video games clearance section and check if the games you want can be found for the cleranced price.

Whether you find it or not depends on your Target store policy. Generally, different Targets have different clearance games and price drop policies, so while you can find game A for $12.XX at one Target, the same game A may be marked as $24.XX at another Target in your area.

Hope this makes sense. The best way to find out if to hit your local Target and check what games are on clearance. They should match most of the titles on the first post. If you find anything not mentioned in this thread, just report it here.

#54 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

Went to a target near me, found nothing but a few copies of Damnation for 29.XX

Yeah, obviously I left them there.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#55 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

I found 4 copies of AC (PS3) but they rang up 19.99. So I assume they have to be a certain version? Or how does it work?

#56 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:10 AM

Time to tag the new thread. Will start reporting once holiday season dies down and things go back to normal.

#57 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

I found 4 copies of AC (PS3) but they rang up 19.99. So I assume they have to be a certain version? Or how does it work?

For clearance, the price usually varies by store. Like some people may find AC for around 7 dollars, where as some may find them to be 30. And then there's some that won't find that game at all.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#58 DrumsVocalsKeys

DrumsVocalsKeys

I'm a Christian Musician!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for the new thread FoS.

#59 mis0

mis0

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

Tagged.

Nothing at my Target.. completely wiped out. :cold:

[mis0's tradelist]

#60 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:27 AM

LEGO Batman was on clearance for $12.xx at one particular Target. After they sold out of them, they got another shipment in and made them $20 again (I scanned). This is the first time I've seen this scenario first hand.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]