Target Clearance Thread XVI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4371 replies to this topic

#751 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

I went back and got Demon's Souls for $41.98 (Huntersville, NC). If I hate this game I'm making a blog post about to shout down each and every one of you.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#752 Danxx777

Danxx777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

Closest Target has 63 (I counted, for fun) Guitar Hero DS bundles (with the guitar attachment) for $29.98 ... I wonder how low they'll go.
The other interesting thing (maybe someone can explain): This store only had a handful of said product in the lock-up before this week. Do Targets ship clearance stuff to other locations for the purpose of selling off markdowns?

Your store is probably just getting wiped out by people and then sometimes when shipments come a few random games can be mixed in or someone may have backstocked poorly and a stash was discovered, the only thing that gets shipped out from a store is salvage items (things that have been on final clearance and still havnt sold) or some charge back items.

#753 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:11 AM

Closest Target has 63 (I counted, for fun) Guitar Hero DS bundles (with the guitar attachment) for $29.98 ... I wonder how low they'll go.
The other interesting thing (maybe someone can explain): This store only had a handful of said product in the lock-up before this week. Do Targets ship clearance stuff to other locations for the purpose of selling off markdowns?

It is the same thing with my Target. 50 copies of GodFather II appeared out of no where.

#754 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:29 AM

It is the same thing with my Target. 50 copies of GodFather II appeared out of no where.

That would've been nice for the old GS 20 credit sale a lil while back.

I noticed that TV stands are beginning to get clearanced out. I'm going to keep my eye on them, I could use one sturdier than the 25 dollar ikea one I'm using now.
Currently Playing:

:360: Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection
:ps3: Critter Crunch

#755 randu

randu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

lol I was about to say the same thing...since i'm sure we're taking about the same Target in Jersey :lol:

#756 subieracer

subieracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for the info. I usually go over to the Target in Nampa across the street from Bestbuy. Games there usually don't make it to 75%.

we'll have to keep this updated. anything you're really looking for?

#757 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

Scored Lego Rock Band :360: for $24.98 at a Pittsburgh, PA store.

"How long is the night? It's never over. . ."

#758 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:57 AM

we'll have to keep this updated. anything you're really looking for?

Not at the moment, unless theres any games under $15 for Xbox 360 or PS3.

#759 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:59 AM

Bought yesterday:

:ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica - $19.98
:ps3: Skate 2 - $19.98 *
:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $9.98

Bought today:
:360: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Hardened Edition) - $55.98 **

Also spotted in central Ohio:
:ps3: LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - $9.98
:360: LEGO Rock Band - $41.98

There were titles on other systems that I didn't pay too much attention to (including PS2, DS and Wii).

* returned for a refund today after reading online reviews
** placeholder for now; hoping for a price drop in the next two weeks, so that I can get a price adjustment

Target gives price adjustments on clearence games?

#760 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:07 AM

Target gives price adjustments on clearence games?

They sometimes will let you do a return at the higher price and rebuy it at the lower price. Not always.

It also works like this:
1) Buy item X copy #1 at price Y.
2) Buy item X copy #2 at cheaper price Z.
3) Return item X copy #1 with receipt showing price Y.

#761 MacDaddyX12

MacDaddyX12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:09 AM

My local target had 3 copies left (after i bought the 4th one) of Queen Singstar [PS3] for 19.98. Pembroke Pines, FL

Also had GH:Metallica for 27.98 I believe [PS3 and 360]

#762 ccrankles

ccrankles

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

:360: Tony Hawk Ride for 83.xx in Garner NC. Hasn't been marked down at any of the other Targets I've been to this week.

Even if this hella awesome hunka plastic hangs around 'til 75% it's still too rich for my blood.

#763 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

I went back and got Demon's Souls for $41.98 (Huntersville, NC). If I hate this game I'm making a blog post about to shout down each and every one of you.

Haha, if you really do hate hard games, then you might hate Demon's Soul. In my opinion, it is a hard game with lots of dying and trial and error. Then again, the last time I played the game was during Halloween when it was set in pure black world tendency (enemies are harder and you are weaker, but they drop better items).

MisterFleX.png

#764 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Picked up a copy of the new PS3 Karaoke Revolution with microphone for $7.46. It was labeled "as-is" since there was a very minor tear in the outer plastic. GREAT DEAL.

Edited by jjjbadboy32, 28 January 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#765 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Poster frames at 75% off ($5, normally $20):

Somewhat video game related if you are like me and thinking of a good way to display the Club Nintendo Zelda posters which some people have shown can look pretty nice.

#766 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

Motorstorm - PS3 - $4.98

grabbed the last copy this morning, had a bunch of stickers on it
Posted Image

#767 James in VA

James in VA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

My local target had 3 copies left (after i bought the 4th one) of Queen Singstar [PS3] for 19.98. Pembroke Pines, FL

Good find! Really wish I could find that in Northern VA. I found the PS2 version but I want the extra songs (I'm a big Queen fan) and camera support. Ironically, I used to live in the Pembroke Pines area.

#768 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Good find! Really wish I could find that in Northern VA. I found the PS2 version but I want the extra songs (I'm a big Queen fan) and camera support. Ironically, I used to live in the Pembroke Pines area.

Stay away from that Target! That's my territory :lol:

#769 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Haha, if you really do hate hard games, then you might hate Demon's Soul. In my opinion, it is a hard game with lots of dying and trial and error. Then again, the last time I played the game was during Halloween when it was set in pure black world tendency (enemies are harder and you are weaker, but they drop better items).

:-)

What he said. Its supposed to be the hardest good game ever, like earlier iterations of Ninja Gaiden. Dying is a very active part of the game, and you need to understand that you will die, a lot.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#770 emil1212

emil1212

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Stay away from that Target! That's my territory :lol:

Which is your territory? I'm near P.Pines as well, might just go by there today. Anyone seen Demon's Souls in south florida Targets?

#771 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

Tekken 6 clearanced already? wow

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#772 louiea

louiea

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

Has anybody seen any new drops on Ghostbusters for PS3, I need a copy.

#773 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

I took a 4 mile trek from the auction I was at today(walking, no less) and I found the Hardened Edition of COD:MW2 for PS3 for $55.98 and a copy of Demon's Souls for $41.98.

I'm probably not going to keep them, since I'm still hoping to find a copy of MW2 from TJ MAXX/Marshall's, unless I can get them bumped to 50% off at the one Target that does that when you return clearance games.

What amazes me is that I live in a city of 76,000, yet a town of 7,500 has copies of both games and my city's Target never even had Demon's Souls.:roll:

They had alot of other clearance games in this same store as well, including the 360 version of COD:MW2 Hardened Edition and some older games for the 360 on clearance(Darkness, The Club).

For those who might be in the area, this was the Mechanicsburg, PA Target on the Carlisle Pike and they still had 2-3 copies of each game I bought.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#774 agentorange14

agentorange14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

Has anybody seen any new drops on Ghostbusters for PS3, I need a copy.

Blockbuster is selling them for 9.99.

#775 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

I need

Sims 3 CE $25
Band Hero Bundle < $99
Any other CE < $40

#776 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:37 AM

Went to Albany, CA (near Berkeley). Nothing really worthwhile on clearance (what they had is probably more expensive than what's on amazon...).

There are two copies of the Metroid Prime Collection left, albeit at full price...

#777 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:35 AM

I took a 4 mile trek from the auction I was at today(walking, no less) and I found the Hardened Edition of COD:MW2 for PS3 for $55.98 and a copy of Demon's Souls for $41.98.

I'm probably not going to keep them, since I'm still hoping to find a copy of MW2 from TJ MAXX/Marshall's, unless I can get them bumped to 50% off at the one Target that does that when you return clearance games.

What amazes me is that I live in a city of 76,000, yet a town of 7,500 has copies of both games and my city's Target never even had Demon's Souls.:roll:

They had alot of other clearance games in this same store as well, including the 360 version of COD:MW2 Hardened Edition and some older games for the 360 on clearance(Darkness, The Club).

For those who might be in the area, this was the Mechanicsburg, PA Target on the Carlisle Pike and they still had 2-3 copies of each game I bought.

I've never seen Target carry Atlus titles here

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#778 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:38 AM

wish Spore for the DS would drop farther, store by me has about 25 copies at the $14.98 price
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#779 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:44 AM

Found Star Wars Force Unleashed PS3 for 9.98.

#780 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:13 AM

Poster frames at 75% off ($5, normally $20):

Somewhat video game related if you are like me and thinking of a good way to display the Club Nintendo Zelda posters which some people have shown can look pretty nice.

Great find. I'm in need of a lot of poster frames. Do you remember if they had any other sizes on clearance?

I have 11 autographed posters I've been dying to frame and hang up. I don't care if they are cheap as hell, as long as I can avoid piercing them with thumbtacks. :lol: