Target Clearance Thread XVI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4371 replies to this topic

#61 Dazz

Dazz

All about the Classics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

found Ghostbusters for $7.48 and American Idol karaoke encore 2 bundle for $9.98
Posted Image

#62 Danxx777

Danxx777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

I found 4 copies of AC (PS3) but they rang up 19.99. So I assume they have to be a certain version? Or how does it work?

Did you find greatest hits version or the regular? Because usually its the regular version that will be clearance. Also like darkzion said it does vary by store and are, for example I find target greatlands have different prices from normal targets by me but even then prices are really per individual store.

#63 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

man I am going to hit up all my local Targets for Assassin's Creed for $7, want to finish playing it now that I played AC2 then flip it for the $20 GameStop deal

#64 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

This is a good time to check your local Targets as there are a lot of returns and hidden games reappearing. I got a copy of Fable 2 yesterday for $7.50 which my store hadn't stocked in over a year.

Posted Image

#65 miguel2003

miguel2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Pick up Rock Band Track Pack Country Ps3, the red tag said $20.98 (30% off), but I scanned and it said 7.48 (75% off).

I checked some "returns" and "go backs" in the shopping cars.... after that everything is clear... nothing left... just copies of Bionic Commando for $29.98 (50% off).

If you find a "return" or an old video game with the red tag: If you scan a video game, and it says "not in the system" or show as "$0.00"... ask the electronics guy or a team member who has the "little machine" (don't ask a newbie).... this thing can recognize the last price of the clearance stuff... you need some luck, just depend who's helping you... some team members from Target don't want to sell you the game (they're lazy)... or they want to sell you with the full price.... avoid managers

Edited by miguel2003, 30 December 2009 - 02:34 PM.

#66 Dazz

Dazz

All about the Classics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

This is a good time to check your local Targets as there are a lot of returns and hidden games reappearing. I got a copy of Fable 2 yesterday for $7.50 which my store hadn't stocked in over a year.

This is so true, i almost nabbed ghostbusters on christmas eve for $14.98 but passed. Only to return yesterday and it was still there at $7.48.
Posted Image

#67 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Pick up Rock Band Track Pack Country Ps3, the red tag said $20.98 (30% off), but I scanned and it said 7.48 (75% off).

Thats the one I'm looking for, but for xbox360. Well now I gotta start hitting up the Targets for clearance again :roll:

#68 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

Wow, whoever found RE5 on PC for 12$ is lucky. I want it. =/

#69 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

LEGO Batman was on clearance for $12.xx at one particular Target. After they sold out of them, they got another shipment in and made them $20 again (I scanned). This is the first time I've seen this scenario first hand.

Ya awhile ago LEGO Batman was $12.xx but now they are getting restocked and they are scanning for $19.99.

I've seen it happen for other games too including Prince of Persia and Frontlines: Fuel of War...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#70 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

Lafayette, La Super Target

:ds: My Chinese Coach $14.98

#71 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:13 PM

Went to a Target that I was stalking Ghostbusters Ps3 at 24.98 to see if it had dropped and it was gone.....back to the case and priced at 59.99............seriously.....

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#72 deadtrees

deadtrees

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

Deptford, NJ:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (Xbox 360): $14.98 (one copy)
Guitar Hero On Tour + Decades + grip (DS): $42.48
Spore Creatures (DS): $14.98
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (DS): $9.98

#73 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:01 AM

Deptford, NJ:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (Xbox 360): $14.98 (one copy)
Guitar Hero On Tour + Decades + grip (DS): $42.48
Spore Creatures (DS): $14.98
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (DS): $9.98

Damn I don't think they EVER had IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey at any of my local Targets...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#74 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:17 AM

I went to Target and was surprised to find:

Bionic Commando :360: - $29.98
My Chinese Coach :ds: - $14.98
Cabela's Big Game Hunter?? :wii: - $19.98
FFTA2 :ds: - $14.98

I either already have or am not interested in anything on the list but I'm just surprised that they weren't blindly picked up at 50% off. I didn't notice any new drops. The games in the glass cases were really picked over so I'm not sure what titles they will clearance whenever they do another drop. I don't remember it being this bad last year. In fact, the clearance endcaps were in decent condition at my Targets this time last year .

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#75 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:33 AM

Wow, whoever found RE5 on PC for 12$ is lucky. I want it. =/

I picked it and Section 8 up at that price. I had wanted to wait on both til they hit $7.48, but I worried(correctly) that they would be gone by then. As it turns out, they were gone at all my local(and some less-than-local) stores before they hit that price.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#76 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:38 AM

Assassins Creed 1 Greatest Hits PS3 rang up at 19.99 here in Mass for me as well.

#77 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

The Assassins Creeds at my store for $4.98 were the 360 Platinum Hits version. There must have been like 40 of them at one time, but they are ALL gone now. ;)

#78 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:55 AM

Updated list. I saw some DPCIs being posted (and one guy who posted a fairly large list) I'm not going to worry about changing those in the OP until we see some new January drops and it's back to business as usual. Everything from Christmastime is most likely irrelevant-- I'm sure there's some clearance out there, but the general consensus seems to be "OMFG STORE RAPED."

I went to Target and was surprised to find:

Bionic Commando :360: - $29.98
My Chinese Coach :ds: - $14.98
Cabela's Big Game Hunter?? :wii: - $19.98
FFTA2 :ds: - $14.98

I either already have or am not interested in anything on the list but I'm just surprised that they weren't blindly picked up at 50% off. I didn't notice any new drops. The games in the glass cases were really picked over so I'm not sure what titles they will clearance whenever they do another drop. I don't remember it being this bad last year. In fact, the clearance endcaps were in decent condition at my Targets this time last year .

Yeah, I remember all of the people saying "EVERYONE WILL BUY EVERYTHING AT CHRISTMAS" just being hype-- my stores still had clearance. But this year it seems to me to be almost entirely true.

Nice spotting of My Chinese Coach. Might be good to brush up on some Chinese for when America's new owners come into town.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#79 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

I scored with the X-Mas returns. Got GH:Metallica and GI Joe for $14 & 13. I'll be keeping GH:M but I'll most likely trade in GI Joe at GS for the $20 credit.

#80 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

There should be a copy of Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor for $7.48 at the Streetsboro, OH Target that I returned a few days ago. I'm glad I had left it unopened and kept the receipt. I only returned it because it was on Steam for the same price, without tax. And I don't have to keep track of the disc that way. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#81 Outrun9

Outrun9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

anyone know if Target price matches other stores ads?

#82 Danxx777

Danxx777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Target price matches print ad's for identical items but doesnt take internet print outs.

#83 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

Something I keep forgetting to post: Beatles Rock Band(full $250 bundle) has the NCF prefix now. It hasn't dropped in price, but hopefully in the near future.`
Posted Image

Posted Image

#84 WTFer

WTFer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

Target price matches print ad's for identical items but doesnt take internet print outs.

Unless you get a nice enough employee.

#85 Mike Toole

Mike Toole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Bingo. Mondays are when the pricedrops happen at most stores, gang. I recommend visiting Monday during rush hour (4-5pm if you can bail at that point)-- if you try to go when they open, the markdowns usually haven't been done because they have to update them manually. And if you've been eying an item but show up late (after 8pm), it might be gone.

My local has a huge quantity of Wall-E for Nintendo DS and basically nothing else. Probably will be waiting until the end of January until goodies start showing up again, I reckon.
Posted Image

#86 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

No clearance section at the moment at the Millenia Target (Orlando,Fl) F.Y.I.

#87 mdmusick

mdmusick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

Not much around here in the way of games, but I did get a Dyson DC17 vacuum cleaner on clearance for just below $300 after tax (50% off regular price). Pretty good price for a Dyson. I'm hoping that it drops again within the next couple of weeks so that I can price adjust :D

#88 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

Old coupons still work at Target stores if you get the right Target cashier like the 11/25/09 expired Buy 2 :360: games, get $10 off coupon. It still worked for me last week. Awesome awesome deal. RIP.

Meaning one who doesn't notice the expiration date, or one who sees it and is like "well, just this once..."?

#89 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

My local Target moved its video game clearance from about fifty feet from the video game section (at the very end of the electronic area, facing a back wall nobody vists) to the endcap of the video game section. It also now contains more of a grab bag of stuff, rather than simply video games. With that, there's been absolutely nothing for months. This store still doesn't have Fallout 3 GOTY in stock, so I'm shocked that the clearance was put in a visible area.

It was definitely fun while it lasted, though.

#90 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Not much around here in the way of games, but I did get a Dyson DC17 vacuum cleaner on clearance for just below $300 after tax (50% off regular price). Pretty good price for a Dyson. I'm hoping that it drops again within the next couple of weeks so that I can price adjust :D

Good luck. Ive been cock blocked on price adjusting clearance items...return and re-buy is the way to go.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!